Hell is us chapter 8
178 6 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The flame of the Pyre had already diminished enough that the ceiling stopped being illuminated by it. Lea was walking besides Noara on their way to Bacchanalia, the club where she worked as a bouncer. Lea was wearing a plaid mini skirt, a black t-shirt and a small jacket, all lent by her friend. She never thought she would dress as punk as she was doing right now, but she had to admit that she liked that kind of style. When they arrived at the club, it was almost empty. It would still take a while for most of the customers to come in since it just got dark. There were couches with small tables in front of them to leave the drinks, and three elevated floors with poles in the middle where the dancers would go once the club started to fill up. There were small tables between the small stages, with the chairs already turned towards the poles. In the back, there were stairs leading up to a second floor. On the right was a bar, with many stools in front of it. There was a group of demons already drinking a bit as Lysethia, behind the bar, was serving them drinks.

- I am going to talk with the manager, tell him that I’m here and all. You gonna be ok here? – Noara seemed mildly worried about leaving her new friend alone in this kind of place. Lea smiled back.

- Of course I’m going to be ok. I’ll talk a bit with Lys until you get back, ok? – Noara simply nodded after seeing Lea so sure of herself and made her way towards the stairs.

Lea approached the counter, waving at Lysethia. They were finishing serving a drink before they turned and, with a surprised look on their face that quickly turned into a smile, waved back.

-Hey Lea! I’m glad to see you’re ok! - They said, cheerful, before realizing that Lea probably didn’t want to talk about her incident the day prior – So, what are you going to drink? Something tells me that you’re a beer kind of person.

Lea realized that she didn’t exactly know what to order. The reason she approached the counter was to talk with Lys, after all. She just nodded and sat down while the green demon grabbed a glass for the beer.

- Thank you. Yes, I am doing – She paused for a second, not really knowing if ok would be a good way to describe her emotional state at the moment - ...eh? - Lys looked behind their back.

- That sounds bad. When people say they’re ok they mean, I’m doing kind of bad, but want to forget about it right now, and when they say eh they mean, oh god, please help me, I’m going to explode – They started filling up her glass with beer from the tap, not breaking eye contact with her. They give her her order and put their arms on the wooden counter – So, what’s up?

- Not a lot, actually, just one thing.

Lea starts explaining to Lys the conundrum that she was in. How she wanted to stay in hell but she didn’t want Noara to have future problems because of it. She barely touched her drink as she kept explaining, Lys focusing completely on her. It was a good thing they got so early to the Bacchanalia, or else she would have been interrupted by different people making orders.

- And that’s that… I don’t know what to do.

- That’s a tough one – Lys admitted – I mean, you’re not in actual trouble since Noara already took you as payment. The note she left is not a binding contract, so it won’t matter that she doesn’t go through with it. You want in this situation to get the cake and eat it too. I don’t know if that’s possible – Lea felt her hopes crushed. She started drinking from the cold glass as she started accepting that there may be nothing to do. She looked left and saw a small gargoyle-like demon talking with others. Said demon looked back and waved at Lys, who returned the gesture blowing her a kiss. Lea just had to put 2 and 2 together – Is that the girl that Noara and you were talking about the other day?

- Oh, yeah! She’s such a cutie and so soft. Like, emotionally. Her skin is made of rock – Lys said, laughing – I don’t know how she handles being an enforcer.

- Oh, those guys that make sure contracts aren’t broken, yeah. Noara told me about them.

- Well, contracts and any legal matter, really. Even a spoken deal is made legal and binding if it’s done in front of an enforcer.

- Even stuff that aren’t contracts – Lea paused, as the wheels inside her mind started turning. A hidden possibility that got revealed to be the perfect solution to all her problems – Lys! I know how to get my cake and eat it too!

- Wait, what? How?

- With the help of an enforcer! - Lys was so confused they didn’t know how to exactly answer that.

- How is that going to help? That is only going to make the note that Noara wrote binding.

Lea just smiled.

- Exactly.

8