Chapter 11: what is so funny
66 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The ground shook as a deep hole appeared. Long spider cracks spread from the hole as it extended toward every directions. The rumbling sounds echoed like war drums reverberating through the air. Inside the hole, steward xie spewed a large amount of blood. His whole body shivered, covered with deep and serious wounds as blood flowed out of it continuously. His chest felt tight and his left hand was completely ruined, showing the white bone inside. His clothes mostly filled with holes, showing his bloody flesh underneath.

Steward xie coughed harshly, spewing out an other mouthful of blood as he forced himself up to his feet again. His body wrecked with incredible pain, however his eyes were still burning with an even more intense fighting spirit. He had to keep these three demon beasts with him here and stall them to give the young lord enough time to escape. What happen to him did not matter as long as the young lord made it safe to the clan.

His eyes flashed as a cold light seem to project from inside it. Steward xie stimulated the blood inside him, his spiritual qi boiled as it circulated at rapid space inside his meridians, coursing through his whole body. A huge pressure suddenly erupted from his body like a tidal wave, causing his aura to rise again while ignoring the injuries and pain on his body. Whips of spiritual qi surfaced on his body as the armor qi appeared once again to cover him completely. With a stamp of his right foot, steward xie body shot forward with a speed hard to detect with normal the eyes as he turned into a blur.

His body transformed into an arc and charged at the three demon beasts. Clashing against them again at the same time as his roar shook the the sky. His sword danced in the air with blinding speed while using his only arm. The three demon beasts also roared back and collided with Steward xie with full power, causing the earth to quake as they started fighting again.

Booming sound echoed without end accompanied with the sound of beasts roaring and fury. The numerous low level demon beast in the surrounding hide themselves inside the forest while watching the terrifying fight between one man and three scary demons beasts from distance. At every collision, a huge pressure seemed to heavy down though every direction.

Steward xie felt a numbing feeling through his arm. Each time he strike his sword against a demon beast body, his hand would tremble as pain coursed through it. The sword almost fell down from his hand, however he gritted his teeth and held it tighter as he slashed even faster.

Demon beast naturally had stronger defence than human. The crocodile demon beast would use his scaly green tail to collide against the sword without the fear of injuring itself. It may not be as fast as steward xie but that did not mean it was that much slower. And each of its stricks burst forth with boundless forces.

On the other hand, the bear demon beast used his black claws to clash with the sword causing spark to fly in the air. With its huge and heavy body, the bear demon beast could hardly keep up with Steward xie speed at this moment. Allowing him to occasionally slice it with his sword qi but, the demon beast furs are just too hard to cut through, making its defence incredibly strong. However when there is direct contact between the two side, steward Xie would be sent flying yet standing right back and attacking once again.

Steward xie figure kept flashing as he exchange blow with the three demon beasts continuously, not daringg to stay in one position for a long time as the panther beast easily followed his movement and even wounded him with its sharp and unpredictable attacks that made him feel a great sense of danger.

Steward xie's breathing became short and a sense of weakness enveloped his body. His step faltered as he retreated back a few step while spurting blood. His face devoided of color as blood stained his clothes. Steward xie looked at the three demon beast in front of him with dim light in his eyes. Strength slowly left his body.

The three demon beasts also did not rush to attack any longer but alertly looked at steward xie as they slowly closed in on him. Various small wounds could be seen on the bodies of the three demon beasts but they were just superficial.

Normally, any one of these demon beasts could already be a match for steward xie, yet right now, he was clashing against all three at the same time. He seemed to forget about any injury on his body and attacked sharply without caring for consequence on his body.

Steward xie's body trembled as he panted harshly, squeezing the hilt of his sword while gritting his teeth. He just need to hold on some more. Just a little more the young lord would be far and safe. A strange smile escaped his lips as he stared at the three demon beasts in front of him before looking at the sky. Then he sighed.

"I have disappointed you lord. I can't look over the young lord anymore. " steward xie whispered gently. A bitter feeling seeping inside his heart. He really didn't want to die. Not for him, but for a promise. He swore to be by the side of the young lord but he could only send him off now.

Steward xie seemed to fall into deep thought, causing the three demon beasts to look at each others for a moment before slowly circling around him. The panther demon beast cautiously moved forward, its cold eyes flashing with strange light. Its step light but steady as its presence seemed to disappear. Making it difficult to detect him. If not for seeing it, it would be impossible to believe it was present.

Using this chance, the three demon beasts charged one again at steward xie. The panther demon beast was faster as it transformed into a black streak that shot forward, nearing steward xie in an instant and attacked with a fierce strike. The other demon beasts followed behind bringing terrifying killing intent and boundless demon qi with them as they clashed again.

Heaven a earth shook. The mountain in the forest trembled as small crack appeared around them. Huge wave spread out in the surrounding as spiritual qi and demon qi collided together.

................ ................ ................. ................

The leader of black robed assassin's face has lost his calmness at this moment as his expression turned ugly. His eyes cold, a chill spreading out of his body, causing the air around him to freeze. A terrifying anger burning from his eyes as he swept his gaze toward the surrounding before looking down at the figure in front of him.

From the corner of his mouth, a small trace of blood could be seen. Its tyrannical aura spreading through the sky, causing a huge storm to appeared around him. The wind blew fiercely making his black robe rustle as it sways in the air. His presence like mountain, but right now, many burns could be seen on his body.

His heart felt cold, pounding against his chest. His mind rumbling like thunder crashed inside. With his dark expression, the leader of assassin wiped the blood from the corner of his mouth, gripping his sword tightly as he glared dagger at little two laying down powerlessly in front of him.

A mere servant could cause him so much trouble. Managing to even slightly injure him in a battle. The injury may be small but for a lowly meridian condensation expert to accomplish this feat against him is not common. He had to use a considerable amount of strength against a servant who has not even reached the shedding stage. Just thinking about it made his anger flare even more as killing intent shot out of his eyes.

Little two had a gin on his face as he looked mockingly at the leader of assassins. At this moment, his whole body was covered with deep and serious wounds as a large amount of blood flowed out of them. His body was in a terrible and sorry state, barely breathing. Moving a single finger used all the strength on his body.

Cough.. cough

spewing blood from his mouth, his chest tightened, feeling heavy like a huge mountain crashing on top of it. Making it difficult to take a breath. Most of his bone inside the body were crashed, his internal organ destroyed, sucking his life away.

A normal cultivator at the same level would have died long ago, but he was still holding to life tenaciously. His eyes still sharp, staring back at the leader of assassins despite his sorry state as if looking down on him. There was no hint of despair of someone who was about to die on his face, but more of mocking and contentment.

The surrounding were completely destroyed. Countless holes and crevices appeared around. A sea of fire burned the trees as trace of fierce battle could be seen everywhere. A few meters from little two, a lifeless body lay on the ground.

The body was practically mutilated. Both his arms and legs were ripped off into a bloody mess. The chest was filled with countless sword stab and slash. A scary long cut extended from his cheek down to his neck, giving a unsightly image. Most of the vital spots in the body were pierced by sword and there are still three sword inserted on it, including one right in the heart.

His face was ruined with wound and blood making it difficult to recognize him. But if one looked more carefully, it could be seen that it was actually little one. It was dead.

However around his body, only one silver masked assassin remained alive and he was not in any good shape either. His whole body was stained with blood and could barely stand up straight. His silver mask half broken, showing a pale expressionless face behind it. Barely flinching his expressionless face from the pain.

As the leader of assassins looked at all this, his face turned even more bad. He felt irritated inside his heart, but at the same time, a hint of fear seemed to creep out from within. The battle showed a lot of things that he could not ignore.

He had the confidence to easily dispose of his enemy after getting the information he wanted from them. He could also use the secret technique to speed up and catch up with the other group. But it seemed like he had underestimated his enemies too much.

Not only were they strong, they had high tier talismans paper that they kept throwing like garbage. He couldn't take to much risk as even for him, if he was unlucky and was hit by something he could not resist, that would be the end of him.

Right now, he had not more doubt about the young lord having a mysterious backer behind him. Not just any one could possess these kind of talisman with them. If a servant was already this strong, what kind of monster would be behind them.

The leader of assassin stepped forward before standing in front of little two. He slowly raised his hand as he pointed the tip toward little two heart, gazing coldly at him.

"Where did you get all these talisman. The like of you could never have something like this" the leader the coldly. Expressionlessly looking a little two.

"Ahahah..pffff" little two laughed brokenly while coughing harshly, causing blood to pour out of his mouth even more. His chest felt like weighing million of tons. He could not even feel most part of his body any more. As he smiled, his white teeth could be seen now completely red.

His laugher cause pain to fill his body and blood to gush out of his mouth, but he voice still resound in the air, filled with madness, grief and mockery. His eyes staring at the leader like a dead man.

"What is so funny. Have you gone mad? Or are you just desperate." The leader said coldly as he frowned slightly.

With a cold snort, a dangerous light seemed to flash through his eyes as he made a gentle movement with his hand, pushing the sword forward. A crisps sound rang out as the sword stabbed little two chest, almost reaching his heart. 

1