Chapter 15: why are you here
44 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A deathly silence covered the place. The three sides blowing qi and erupting momentums suddenly came to an abrupt halt. Every gaze was on that figure that slowly walked out of the many trees, with easy and unhurried steps. Mumbling sounds could be heard from that figure as he leisurely examined his surrounding with a serous expression. It seemed as if he did not see the others looking at him.

Compared to everyone surprise, steward xie had a blank expression on his face as shock and confusion filled his heart. His eyes felt moist as tear threatened to slide down from the corner. His mouth felt dry and thirsty. A strong impulse to cry build up inside of him that he could barely repress it. He felt a pain in his heart that all the wounds on his body could not compare to dispute his miserable state.

So, after all the sacrifices. All the struggles nd pains, the young lord appeared in front of him once again! How could this be possible? He held off the three demon beasts long enough for the young lord to disappear. With his natural talent of hiding his presence, no one would have been able to find him. Yet there he was again in front of him.

The young lord did not notice the gaze on him. He just looked around him closely examining a particular tree with concentration. He had a pensive look on his face as he mumbled under his breath. But with the level of experts present, they could easily hear the confused word of the young lord.

"Hmm...it's it..no.....it is not..but it .. look just..like ..the one I..saw..humm..humm...it must ....be it...but it is it really it?" the young lord touched his chin, falling into thought.

"May..maybe ..these trees....are twins?" The young lord eyes sparkled, as if solving a great mystery.

The young lord kept mumbling lowly. But as he raised his head to think more about his confusion, the young lord suddenly froze. His face stiffened as his eyes stared widely. Right on his line of sight, three intimidating demon beasts were staring at him intently. Each of them big and imposing making the young Lord unable to react properly to the situation for a moment as he was dumbstruck. The young lord swallowed hard, his heartbeat skipped a beat.

What was that.

The three demon beasts looked strong as, for him just standing in front of them gave him the feeling like he would crumble into pieces. Each of these demon beast could chop him up with but just a single bite. Cold sweat started forming on the young lord face. His face slowly starting to turn pale. Especially when he seemed to know these demon beasts, his heart became restless.

As if feeling something, the young lord turned his gaze toward a direction and paused for a moment before a tremor suddenly run through his entire body. The hairs on his body stood up vertically as fear and a deep sense of danger invaded his heart. The young lord unconsciously took a step back, his body trembling.

His gaze trained on the leader of assassin body who stared back at him with a gentle smile. But that smile caused the young lord body to feel a cold on his back. Without needing to think much through, even with his crappy memory, he could still remember someone that left such a great impact on him. For some raison, the deep wound on the young lord chest seemed to resonate with the leader aura as it stabbed him with sudden pain.

The young lord breathing started to become fast, his heart racing while the fear slowly turned his face even more paler. The restless feeling inside his heart become even more strong. How can he appear in front of these disasters once again? The young lord made an effort to avert his gaze from the black robed leader and looked at the last figure, who had a dumbfounded expression on his face.

When the young lord look at the shape of the body, the young Lord unconsciously thought in his heart that one could not be more miserable and dishevelled then this. The hair was messy and unbind. The clothes mostly shattered, countless wounds on his body making him look horrifying. His left hand fast ripped off, slowly dripping with blood. His body was weak but he still tried his best to keep his back straight like a spears. Yet at the moment, his eyes were blank like he has lost his soul.

Looking at steward xie reaction, the young lord face turned red as shame filled his entire being. The young lord looked only once at steward xie blank eyes before lowering his gaze. He did not dare. He really could not.

After a few breath, the place was still silent. No reaction from anyone as they still stared at the young lord. Each with their own thoughts. But seeing this, the young eyes flashed with brilliant light as he thought inside.

'Maybe they did not see me'

The young lord looked again at the different figures around him. The more he looked and he felt that the situation was not really right. His expression slowly regained his calm before turning a little weird looking at the expression of everyonearound him.

'Maybe they really can't see me'

the young lord scratched his head confusedly as he debated in his mind. After seeing still not reactions from the others parties, the young lord slowly regained his confidence. The fear disappeared from his heart as a hint of pride appeared on his face. He puffed his chest and raised his head high with his nose pointing toward the sky. However his eyes were looking down at the the three demon beasts and the black robed leader.

"I...am....really a genius...*Sigh*...not only can... I hide my...my presence. But I..can also...become invisible. *sigh*.." The young lord lamented with an exasperated voice as if pitying himself for being too much of a genius. His word still stuttering even at this moment.

"I...I m so hot" with a brilliant smile, the young lord glanced slightly at the black robed leader only to see the later looking strangely back at him. And his smile become even more gentle yet causing the young lord's body to feel a chill as he backed up a few steps in alert. Its face cautious, the young lord looked around him one more time and he become more suspicious.

'They may not see me but I can't just stay here. These guys are really bad news. So scary'

With fear and caution, the young lord slowly turned toward the direction he came from in the eyes of everyone present. He took a step forward and suddenly jolted as a crunching sound echoed from under his step. He instantly froze in place as his expression paled, not daring to move for a moment as if waiting for the others parties reactions.

Howver after a moment, there was still no movements behind him. The young Lord turned to glance one more time behind him and after making sure there was still no movements, he became excited. Even making finger gesture waving at the leader and waving his behind toward the demon beasts direction as he knew that the others parties could not see him before he continued forward. But this time, he was more careful as he arced his back and slowly moved on the tip of his toes as if no one saw him.

Steward xie stared at the young Lord acting. His mood difficult to tell. His blank expression became even more weird. As he sew the young Lord tiptoeing back the the direction he came from, steward xie finally snapped out of his daze, his heart was suddenly flooded with with a tide of anxious feeling.

"Young lord" steward xie whispered instinctively with a low sound. But in his heart, the word sounded like thunder, making his body shudder before shooting again, this time, his voice resounded in the air, falling on the young Lord ears.

"Young lord!" Steward xie shouted.

The young Lord happy step came to an abrupt halt after hearing the sound. A tremor run through his entire body and faltered as he almost fell stumbled down to the ground.

"Why are you here again, young lord" steward xie could not believe his eyes as he shouted toward the young Lord. His voice sounded with a hint of agony and despair. His body seemed to suddenly gain strength and also feel powerless at the same time.

The young lord stayed silent without moving. Not daring to turn back. His heart beat fast as thunder seem to be rumbling inside his head. In his mind, he kept repeating to himself that they definitely did not see him. Definitely.

With this conviction, the young Lord arced his back even lower and tried to take an other slow sneaky step with the tip of his toes but an other shout came from steward xie in the back causing the young Lord body to tremble.

After staying in place for a moment, the young Lord finally gathered his courage and turned to look at steward xie. There were shame and embarrassment on his face, but he soon thickened his skin and gazed at steward xie.

"..can you see...me?" With a red face, The young Lord asked with sheep smile.

Steward xie body a stiffened, his eyes wide with disbelief. Then a bitter feeling spread inside of him. His body fell like squeezed out of all strength.

At the side, the leader's smile became so wide that his eyes turned into a small slit. He did not rush to attack but looked at the exchange between the young Lord and steward xie. Savouring the despair and powerlessness in steward xie eyes. That is the feeling he like the most.

The three demon beasts also looked weirdly at the young Lord. They knew that humans were strange beings but the one front of them wss really an eye opener for them. They did not believe slightest that every human is like this young man in front of them, otherwise they would fell really ashamed. Not for the humans, but for considering these kind of creatures ike rival of their kind for thousands of you years.

"We can see you just fine" the leader said coldly, the wide smile turned sinister as he gazed at the young Lord like a wolf prying on a lamb. 

1