Chapter 16: Little two’s severed head
48 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The words of the leader were like a pot of cold water that was thrown on the young Lord's body. His heart felt cold and suddenly, fear resurfaced inside his eyes. He suddenly did not dare to move. The boundless pressure he had ignored in his delusion, which were coming from the three demon beasts instantly came crushing back on his body like mountains. The young Lord's breathing become rapid and his body started shivering non stop. Fortunately, the heavy pressure were not directly aimed at him, otherwise he would have been crushed to smithereens.

However the young lord still felt suffocated, his body felt like squeezed into a small space without enough room to even turn his face. He felt the urge to cry. The ocean of emotions came rushing inside him. After all, he was still a just a spoiled seventeen years all young master. He could only plaid to one man at this moment. but right now, even for the young Lord who had thickened the skin of his face, it was not easy to face steward xie's gaze. Yet he had to, otherwise he would die.

"Why did you come back Young Lord. I have told you to leave and head back directly to the clan. Why? Why did you come back!" For the first time, there was anger in steward xie's eyes when he looked at the young Lord. He could just not accept the situation.

The young Lord's pale face became even worse. He gritted his teeth as his eyes became bloodshot. With the fear and panic in his heart, his fragile mood became more unstable. And when he heard steward xie's word, anger also appeared on his face. A vein throbbed on his head before raising his red eyes to glare at steward xie.

"What do...you mean why I m here....it's all your..fault, damn it!" the young Lord roared back towards steward xie, making the later stare at him with wide eyes as he pointed at him with his finger.

"..you not only... threw me up in...the air......you also ..have forgotten to show me...the direction to the exit." With his stutter, the young Lord gasped for breath after speaking.

"How do you ...want me to go back....i had ..to follow the trees...in order to go back by....myself"

"Follow the trees? What trees" steward xie asked dumbly. At this moment, he really knew that he had miscalculated. A small error but which would cost them greatly.

The young Lord paused for a moment, hesitating for a while before speaking again.

"The trees ...we passed by.....when we entered the forest" the young lord said slowly with some hesitation " I can ....still remember....some of them"

Steward xie stared at the young Lord before closing his eyes. He took a deep breath to calm himself. At this point, he could already tell what happened.

After he threw the young Lord and allowed him to escape in exchange of his sacrifice, the later got confused and did not know which way to go in a place full of trees when he only had to head straight and could leave the forest. It was simple, something that he did not need to speak directly yet it seemed like it was too much of the young Lord. He searched for the trees he thought to have seen and that he could remember and followed them.

Judging from the situation, the young lord definitely got lost. By following and searching for trees that resembled each other in a place were there could be thousands of them, it only brought him back to here. Steward xie sighed bitterly inside. Was the young Lord really fated to die today?

At this moment, the sound of laugher echoed in the air. The leader gazed at the young lord with a sinister smile before turning to steward xie.

"It seem even the heaven want your young Lord to die today. One's really can't escape his fate" the leader looked at the exasperated steward xie.

"To think that all of you readily sacrificed your life for this kind of trash. For the single chance you all managed to create with blood and sweat for him to survive, he still rendered it useless. Coming right back to me" The leader sneered faintly. In his heart, he couldn't help but feel a little relieved. Howver there was still a hint of surprise in his heart.

Even though he could see the young lord in front of him, his presence seem to be clouding by a layer of invisible coat. He couldn't feel his presence dispute seeing him right in front of him. He could tell that the young lord was hiding his aura to not be noticed. However for someone like the leader, With his cultivation and his assassin talent, it would require a very high level of power to keep one's aura unnoticed from him.

Yet the young Lord could actually hide from him. If it was not that he had to finish his mission properly, he would have captured the young Lord back with him.

At this moment, a desolate aura emanated from steward xie's body. He was already at the limit of his strength. When fighting the three demon beasts, he already used everything without holding back and even ignoring his own injuries. He was already ready to die, yet now this happened. He could barely move his body.

The leader slowly took a step forward toward the young Lord, not bothering to look at steward xie any more. With all the injuries on the later body, he could not pause anymore threat to him. As he stepped forward, the young Lord trembled, retreating back instantly ready to flee. But right the moment the leader step fell, The temperature around him suddenly dropped. A terrible killing intent emanating from his body. His aura exploded, causing the earth to crack under his feet.

At the same time the leader acted, steward xie also opened his eyes, the bitterness disappeared and replaced with resolution. He also took a step forward, spreading his aura to protect the young Lord, yet when his step fell, his complexion turned deathly pale. His vision blurred and his body felt weak and heavy as if he lost control over it. Causing his step to falter. Steward xie spurted an mouthful of blood before falling down on the ground powerlessly. His explosive aura faded at an incredible speed. He tried to force himself up back, yet his body refused to obey causing his bloodshot eyes to turn even more red and desperate.

The leader did not look at steward xie's struggles and only continued forward. Each step the leader took caused the young Lord mind to rumble as if countless lightning clapped inside. Without steward xie's protection, the young lord was openly exposed toward the leader monstrous spiritual qi that seem to cause the space to vibrate. The young Lord complexion turned completely pale. He could feel the danger screaming through out his entire body.

The killing intent locked his body in place, while the boundless pressure crushed over his body like a mountain. The young Lord felt his body pressed and squeezed causing cracking sound a over his entire body. Veins popped on his reddened face and neck like earth worms. His eyes wide and bloodshot while fresh blood purred out of his mouth.

The leader took an other step forward and the pressure became stronger causing the young Lord's body to crush on the ground, blood flowed out of his mouth, ears and eyes. His chest felt heavy and suffocated.

A cold light flashed inside the leader's eyes. His expression serious as he looked at the young Lord. He was already feeling that something was not right with this young Lord. Even though he was still bleeding from his chest where there is a large sword wound, however that did not seem to affect him much. And one must know that the wound on the chest was the only result after a full power sword attack from him. That was just sick and impossible.

A boy who was only at the door of cultivation could actually receive a full attack of a late shedding stage expert like himself in an ambush and survive. He still could accepted. And now he was actually still in one piece after bearing the full pressure of his power. The leader suddenly thought of the mocking smile and madness in the face of little two and the words he said about the young Lord before his death, the leader heart jumped.

He really couldn't let this boy live, otherwise they would have provoked a terrible disaster.

With a cold light flashing within his eyes, the leader took an other step forward, his tyrannical killing intent crashing into the young Lord with the weight of the heaven. The young Lord spewed more blood from his mouth. With ragged breath like that of a cornered beast, the young Lord struggled to distance himself from the leader as he crawled away on the ground.

The more step the leader took, the more pressure fell on the young Lord, and also the more fear invaded the young lord heart. His body felt a bone breaking pain and the fear and despair in his heart made his mind chaotic, causing the pain in his body to feel ten time than stronger.

Steward xie also struggled to stand up but he could not master enough strength to even move his body properly. He could only roar and urge his broken body in order to help the young Lord.

The smile on the leader become even more sinister. This was what he liked to see the most. After the leader took a few more step which caused the young Lord face to distort due to pain and causing cracking sound rang out of his body, the leader waved his hand. Little two head appeared out of thin air before throwing it towards the young Lord.

The severed head fell on the ground, rolled around while leaving a track of blood before stopping right in front of the crawling young lord who was struggling to escape from the leader. Suddenly, the young Lord stopped on his truck, his hand coincidently grabbed the severed head, caussing his body to jolt.

The sight of a head full of blood. For a spoiled young master like him in his normal state would have already been too much. Yet now, when his mind was chaotic and a mess, the young lord immediately panicked. With a scream, the young Lord prepared to throw the severed head away from him as if holding hot potatoes, however his body abruptly stopped.

A tremor run through his entire body. His red eyes turned wide with dismay. His breathing stopped. His heart felt like pinched by a hand. The young lord looked at the head and stared at it blankly. He had recognized little two's face despite the blood and twisted expression on it. When he looked at it, the world around him seemed to fade, leaving only that head in his hands. The young Lord hearth thumped.

Seeing the young Lord reaction, the leader grinned as light flashed within his eyes. He lifted his foot to take an other step yet at that moment, a roar come from the side as the three demon beasts demonic qi slammed toward him. His step faltered and a frown appeared on his brow. The leader raised his head to look at the three demon beasts with cold eyes, but did not move again. From theirs reaction, if he continued to near the young lord, the three demon beasts would charge at him at the same time.

With a cold snort, the leader turned to look at the young Lord again. He raised both his hand in front of him. His hand flashed as he formed hand seal rapidly before pointing one finger towards the young Lord direction. This action made the three demon beasts growl in anger but before they could take any action, a yellow spirit fruit floated in the air from the young Lord body. The three demon beasts halted and stared at it with blood red eyes.

"This is what you want. I have no interest in this fruit. All I want is this boy so i will give you the fruit. Do not stand in my way anymore." with a wave of his hand, the leader threw the fruit toward the three demon beasts. The spirit fruit shot in the air and was easily caught by the bear demon beast that was slighly caught off guard by the sudden development. The bear demon beast paused and looked at the leader with its bloodshot eyes.

After throwing the spirit fruit, the leader did not bother looking at the three demon beasts again as, the moment the bear demon beast caught the spirit fruit, the others two demon beast attention shifted towards the fruit with gleaming eyes.

The spirit fruit may be precious, and even for him, it would have many advantages to his cultivation. Howver he did not bother with it right now. The mission comes first and after witnessing everything that happened with the young lord, he could not allow himself anymore mistakes. As for the fruit, who say he will not have a chance to get it back?

With a cold smile, the leader took an other step forward, nearing the young Lord once again with slow step. When he looked at the young Lord once again, the later had started sobbing at that moment. Tears flowed down his eyes. There were anguish and guilt in his face as he looked at the head in his trembling hands

"I must admit, you really bring me a lot of surprise. You can actually be unaffected to the pressure of my aura after so long with your piny cultivation. It really is a wonder. Not to mention you survived an sword strike from me" the leader said coldly. Killing intent glowing inside his eyes. His step slow and easy not in rush to take action as he observe the young lord carefully. His eyes suddenly squinted.

"I see. So you were wearing a coating skin equipment all along." The leader eyes narrowed. A sliver light flashed through his eyes. His face solemn.

"This coating skin equipment is not less than a second tier equipment either. No wonder you can survive my sword dispute your low cultivation stage."

The leader expression did not ease for a moment after realizing this fact. On the contrary, his face became even more serious. His body felt a chill as his heart rammed against his chest. He was already certain that they have stepped on a tiger tail this time. The skin coating equipment was so previous that it was almost impossible for someone like him to come across it. With this, one could already be certain about the backing of the young Lord.

The leader's face was dark. Countless thoughts run through his mind. He even suspected that someone was trying to make a trap for his nine stars hall by killing this Young lord. But after a moment, he closed his eyes calmed himself. Pushing every thought in the back of his mind. When he opened it once again, his aura seemed to change. The hesitation within his eyes disappeared. His face turned cold and detached as he looked down at the young lord.

Steward xie saw the change in the leader from the back as he had always been observing him. His face changed. He anxiously urged his broken body to move, causing a large amount of blood to pour out of his mouth. With a roar, steward xie managed to stand up. With his broken sword in the hand, he stared at the leader back with bloodshot eyes.

"You....if you dare injures my young lord. You and your people would never have peace in this life. No matter where you go under the heaven and through out the earth. You would never escape death." Steward xie spoke with difficulty. His body trembling as if he would crumble at any moment.

After hearing the words. The leader footsteps paused. He turned his cold gaze back at steward xie.

"Ridiculous" there was only coldness in the leader eyes. Fierce killing intent and boundless pressure emanating from his body. Wind blew around his body causing his black robe to flap in the wind."are you really threatening me now. What is the use of it. Is there any meaning in doing it at this point. After fighting for so long, there is no more going back. If you survive, you and your young Lord would become a great trouble for us in the future. Whether he dies or live, the result will still be the same "

Steward xie breathed roughly. His face paled but his eyes still glared at the leader. He really could do nothing more at the moment with his courant state except for throwing some useless and pathetic threats. However there already were no more hesitation in the leader's eyes. He would not be swayed by sipmle threats so easily.

With glowing eyes, the leader glared at steward xie.

"Do not let me look down on you" after saying these word. The leader turned back again and took an other step toward the young lord. 

1