Chapter 17: Because of you
52 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The words of the leader were like thunderclaps in steward xie's ears. His weak body trembled and swayed as he struggled on his feet. Steward xie gritted his teeth, his pale face turned even more white, trying to summon all the power in his body. He felt ashamed to have said these words to the leader. He knew perfectly well that these words would not only have no effect on the other party, it would also make him look weak. but he had to, considering the courant situation.

The leader did not look at steward xie anymore, but glared at the young lord who were sobbing on the ground like a child. Snot and tears mixed as they flowed down. The mixed emotions rolled inside the young Lord heart's like a tidal wave. His heart felt a pain that he could not understand. It felt like someone was poking his heart with the tip of a sharp knife. The mess and chaos inside him caused his mind to turn into a turmoil causing a sudden sever pain in his head. The pain was growing stronger and stronger the more his mood was in disarray as he looked at little two's severed head.

"Can you see it? This is all because of you. Because they decided to follow you, They have paid for it with theirs lives. Have a good look around you and the people who chose to be at your side. Because of your thoughtless actions, many have died and suffered. Even with all their efforts and sacrifices to protect you to the very end, you still managed to make their actions pointless" the leader spoke slowly. His word ringing at the young Lord ears, reasoning inside his heart as if carried by a strange charm. The young Lord body shook visibly. The word seemed to pierce through his heart. His sobbing sounded even louder.

Looking at the expression on little two's severed head. The madness, and hate in his bloodshot eyes. He could barely recognize it at the moment. Yet the man have always been with him, protecting him for as long as he could remember. To see the face he was used to see everyday, now full of blood and without a body. His heart and mind could not keep up as his sobbing turned into agonizing screams and shrieks.

The young Lord's voices rang out in the air. One could feel countless emotions portraying inside. The young Lord recklessly moved about on the ground. Ignoring the heavy pressure of the leader boundless spiritual qi. More blood purred out of his mouth, eyes and ears. His breathing sounded heavy and straining. Countless veins popped out from his body showing a fierce and horrible sight.

Seeing this, the light inside the leader eyes shone even brighter. His smile even more hideous.

"Don't you think it is unfair. Why did they have to die. They did not deserve it. You are the one who betrayed them. It was you who lead them to their doom and let them die. You wasted the only chance they created for you when you only had to do the simplest thing. Why! Why did they have to die but not you" the leader's words were like sword stabbing inside the young lord's heart. His mind rumbled continuously. Excruciating pain rammed his head making it hard for him to think properly.

"Do you really think of yourself worthy of their trust and loyalty? You are nothing but a failure. A trash without any talent or abilities. How can you protect them and take care of them when you can't even do anything by yourself. All you do is to act stupid and create more problem for everyone around you. Tell me, what can you do. Without them you are nothing. Even your own clan do not want you and despises you, so how would any one care for someone like you. Yet you still managed to bring disaster and lead them to their death. Are you worthy? Why are you alive and not them. You should just die" the leader continued with his cold words, bombarding the young lord without end.

The young Lord struggled on the ground. The torrent of emotions made him unable to think properly. His heart beat faster while throbbing with a acquit invisible pain. The gaze in the eyes of little two was like two blood moon staring through his soul in the dark night. His breathing become more ragged. The pain in his his head became stronger while his body kept shaking.

The young Lord grabbed his head with both his hands and shook it fiercely to make the pain go away yet the pain did not decrease in the slightest. His entire body also felt squeezed and painful as the terrifying pressure still heaved down on him like a huge mountain causing, cracking sound to rang out non stop.

Unable to bear more, the young Lord howled at the top if his lung. Blood purred out of his mouth. His face distorted to the pain. The young Lord voice sounded like a beast that was desperate.

"Young lord!" Steward xie roared. His eyes red and fierce. He couldn't keep standing in the side. Even if his body would fall apart, he had to do something. He had to.

While gritting his teeth. Steward xie roared toward the sky. A huge boom resounded in the air. A strong gust of wind shot outwardly with steward xie as the center. The ground trembled and the spiritual qi in the air vibrated. At the same time, the roaring sound of a dragon exploded from within steward xie body.

Purple qi surfaced on his body and wrapped itself around him in form of a roaring dragon. A vicious and ominous aura erupted From him causing everyone present to turn alert. Especially the three demon beasts intently stared at steward xie but still did not take any action.

The leader also stopped on his truck. He slowly turned to look at steward xie with a hint of surprise in his eyes which soon turned cold as his expression became ugly. The sudden explosion of qi from steward xie did not causes him any danger. With all the internal and external injured accumulated on his body, the power that steward xie could draw out at his time could not amount to much. But what caused his expression to change was that dragon roar sound from steward xie body and the dragon qi around him.

"I figured as much. If the others two could cultivate the dragon qi and even accomplish some achievement with it. It would have been strange if you did not have it and even be better than them" the leader expression was dark as he stared coldly at steward xie. Seeing that dragon qi really make him feel uncomfortable.

"However that would not change anything. No matter what you do, you will not escape death" the leader stated calmly at steward xie who was glaring at him with bloodshot eyes while spewing blood continuously from his mouth. With an other roar, Steward xie finally forced his body to move again, boundless pressure erupting form him ready to take a step forward to rush at the leader.

However before he could take a step, his blood red vision was suddenly covered by the sight of a vast sword qi that glowed brilliantly with a strong light. The sword qi was fast, big and sharp, appearing in front of steward xie as if by teleportation. Before the sound of whistling enter steward xie ears, there was already light of the sword qi covered everything in front of him.

Boom!....

The sword qi sliced against Steward xie body without giving him time to react. Large amount of blood sprayed in the air. The sword qi did not just cut steward xie body but everything along the way as steward xie body shot back like a broken kite before crushing on the nearby stone wall with a bang.

More blood flowed from his mouth. His vision blurred and wavered. His chest rose and fell with difficulty as an other deep wound appeared on his body. The light in his eyes dimmed to the lowest level. He could not move again but he still struggled desperately to stand back up even when his mind threatened to black out.

"You just stay there for a moment. I will deal with you later." The leader spoke at the side." Do not be so hasty. Relax and watch as I slowly kill this young Lord of yours. I will take my time with him and enjoy every second. I will let you see him struggle and beg before I dispose of him like a waste that he is"

With a sinister smile, the leader shifted his gaze back at the young Lord. Yet at that moment, the leader eyes narrowed slightly as a hint of surprise flashed through his eyes.

In front of him, the young lord was no longer crawling in an attempt to run from him with fear, but he had actually turned around to face the leader with his bloodshot eyes filled with determination while still holding the severed head in his hand. From his eyes, one can see deep fear buried inside while madness and determination flared like a sun.

With the pressure on his body causing an unbearable pain through out his entire body and soul, the chaos inside his heart due to the mixture of many emotions that he could not understand himself making his mind unable to think, while also bearing the strange pain that kept stabbing his head harder and harder, the young Lord seemed to have thrown the matter of his safety to the side and directly faced the leader in front of him who seemed to be like a insurmountable mountain.

The young Lord's body trembled and screamed pain, his heart beat like a drum. Blood flowed from his every orifices while coughing mouthfuls of blood. His body staggered back and forth resisting the tyrannical aura and killing intent. From the blank look on his eyes, the leader could tell that the young lord was actually reacting instinctively after reaching the limit of what his mind could bear.

"Oh? Not bad. You actually do have a little backbone after all" The leader said coldly as he stared at the young Lord before his aura exploded once again causing a huge boom to rang out. The young Lord body shook even harder as a shiver run through his body before his body slowly bend down to kneel. Yet even as the young Lord body tightened and felt like squeezed by an invisible giant hand, the young lord instinctively resisted and refused to kneel down. Cracking sound rang out as the bone inside him were slowly breaking.

The young Lord raised his head, his blank bloodshot eyes stared at the leader straight to his eyes, while grinding his teeth before roaring to the sky. One can see the flesh on his body trembling and melting as if his body could not bear the pressure and slowly melting down to a pool of blood. The leader seemed to see an unyielding light suddenly flash deep within the eyes of the young lord for a moment that caused his heart to unconsciously jump with fright. But when he looked more closer, the leader did not find anything again. But his heart still felt restless.

Steward xie looked from the side, his heart sad and bitter as he could not move anymore. Tears flowed down from his eyes. The three demon beasts also looked but did not make any movement except the panther demon beast who slowly crouched down on the ground while a silver light flashed through its cold eyes.

The leader frowned slowly as he stared at the young Lord. Truthfully he can just kill the young lord with less effort. Someone like the young Lord would never hope to resist the leader pressure with his level of cultivation. Only a slight amount could smash the young Lord entire body into smithereens. But he controlled his aura and pressure so that the young Lord would only bear the pain but not die. And considering what happened before, with the young Lord strange body, it would be hard to crush him so easily when he already tanked his sword qi attack before.

He wanted to make him feel fear and despair. He wanted the young Lord to reach the end and beg in front of him like all the young master do when they realise they couldn't rely on their identity anymore. More importantly, he wanted to vent the feeling he had from little two and the shame the later had caused him before his death. That was the reason he brought the severed head in the first place. To let little two's eyes see how he kill his young Lord after bringing him despair. But it seemed like things will not go the way he liked them to proceed.

The leader eyes lowered to the head on the young Lord hand for a moment. To this very instant, the expression on the face still felt like mocking him to the very end. With a dark face the leader snorted coldly before sweeping his sword toward the head. The head exploded with a bang as it turned into bloody mist.

Seeing this, the young lord roared as if he had gone crazy, madly struggling to rush at the leader while grabbing at him with his hand as if to reap off the leader body to piece. But with the leader heavy pressure the young Lord could only be locked in place.

"Time to end this farce." The leader whispered slowly.

The leader lifted the sword in his hand gently, causing a humming sound to spread out toward every direction. A overwhelming sword intent covered the sky, blowing a strong wind around the leader. With one step, the leader body flickered as he disappeared from his position and directly appeared in front of the maddened young Lord like a ghost. The leader eyes glowed then fiercely cut down at the young Lord with his sword.

Steward xie watched with wide eyes from the side. Without even the strength to scream, steward xie roared in his heart and stared intently forward. He would not avert his gaze in the slightest.

A large white sword qi, filled with power and prestige fired from the sword and shot at the young Lord body. Without any power to resist or react, the young Lord was easily slashed and shoot back like a meteor before crushing heavily on the ground. Blood sprayed out of his mouth and chest. His eyes rolled back for a moment as his mind almost blanked out. Yet he still survived.

A cloud of dust covered the air as the young Lord struggled to get out of the hole caused by his body when he crushed down on the ground. Every inches of his body was filled with pain. The young lord mind also regained his clarity, but his determination did not decrease in the slightest as he stared at the leader.

At this time, the young lord body suddenly glowed with a dim light. The light only lasted for a short while before rapidly disappearing again. At the same time, the young Lord' skin unexpectedly cracked. The line of the crack was only small but slowly, it extended from his forehead to his chest, then formed many more small crack that covered his body. More crack appeared and soon the young Lord entire body was filled with crack like a glass that was about to break and shatter to pieces.

Seeing the change on his body, the young Lord eyes turned wide with fear. His breathing became more rapid as he look at the crack expanding through his body without any power to stop. Then...

Pang..

Some part of the cracked skin on the young lord face snapped, causing the young Lord heart to jump. The hairs on his body stood to the hand. He could only close his eyes and wait for what to come. Howver after a moment, nothing happened and when he opened his eyes, he saw the hard skin that snapped from his body falling on the ground gently. The moment before the cracked skin could reach the ground, it strangely softened and transformed into a thin black piece of tissue. On the other hand behind the cracked skin, the young lord real soft skin appeared. 

1