Chapter 18: The young lord’s death
42 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the part of the skin on the young lord's face snapped off, more skin simultaneously cracked from his body. Soon, the young lord real's skin appeared behind as the skin coating equipment slowly crumbled to piece. Afterward the young Lord's appearance did not change much aside from looking paler.

Hodling at his chest painfully, the young lord's breathing was heavy. A hint of panic was still showing in his eyes as he still did not seem to understand what was happening to him. The sight of his skin slowly breaking down from his body made him feel shocked and when he looked at the leader, the sense of danger in his heart seemed to shot up to a hundred fold.

The leader presence felt like he could die just by standing in front of the leader. But the young lord gritted his teeth and stood his ground. Even with his trembling legs, the young Lord glared defiantly at the leader.

On the side, steward felt relieved seeing the young lord alive, however his face turned anxious once again afterwards. The young lord was in a even more dangerous situation at the moment. The skin coating equipment was destroyed, and the young lord was now without any protection.

"Young lord" steward xie cried inside his heart. He could barely feel his finger at the moment. Yet right in front of him, his young lord was about to be killed. He could do nothing to prevent it. As he stared at the leader with a hateful glare, a glint suddenly flashed through steward xie 's eyes, a thought seemed to slowly form in his head and soon, his eyes turned more determined and resolute.

On the other hand the leader stared coldly at the young lord. The light in his eyes flickered incessantly. At this moment, there was no more doubt in his heart that this trash young lord was a tough bone for them to swallow. To possess a equipment like the one this young lord had was not an easy thing. Even the leader's young master did not have something like this. His heart even stang as he watched the equipment fall to pieces.

What a pity.

The leader shook his head gently, and the light in his eyes became colder.

"Your skin coating equipment is finally destroyed. You can not depend on it any more. It really is a pity to waste such a treasure. Still, some people must really want to keep you alive if they are ready to give up something so precious."

"Just who are you in the end" the leader asked unhurriedly as he approached the young lord once again.

The young lord only glared at the leader with his bloodshot eyes. The other gave him a feeling that he could not resist in front of him. It seemed like a single thought from the leader could easily wipe him out of the world. The young lord body kept shaking, his back drenched with cold sweat. His throat felt dry like thirsted for years. His heart pounded against his chest without end, sounding like thunder in his ears.

The young lord did not realises that since he lost the skin coating equipment, he was directly exposed to the leader's aura and the sense of danger inside his body was several time stronger. The young lord glared hatefully at the leader, he wished nothing more than to kill this man with his own hands.

He lost everything because of him. As of this moment, the spirit fruit had no more value in his eyes. There were even a hint of killing intent in his bloodshot eyes as he stared at the leader. That was something rare for someone with a mentality like his.

"..you...my xie clan...would not...let you off......if you...dare touch me" the young lord spoke fearfully with a low and trembling voice. His body ached everywhere, his entire body kept trembling but he did not retreated any more. The young lord gnashed his teeth staring straight at the leader.

The leader glaced the young lord with disdain before snorting coldly.

"Idiot"

Hearing this word, the young lord anger boiled even more. He hated it when people called him like that. But he not move, he could not even prevent his own body from shaking with fear. His heart was pounding incessantly as if ready to burst out of his chest. At the same time, his head rang and stabbed with a pain that that he could not describe. But unknowingly, a strange invisible aura was slowly seeping out of the young lord body. Not body could detect it, even the young lord himself.

"Actually, it does not matter who you are. Today you will die and if there is any one to blame. It can only be you. You do not deserve to live" the leader said faintly before the spiritual qi explode from his body once again. This time, the aura was even stronger, causing crack to appear on the ground like snake. At the same time, the sword intent spread throughout the sky.

The leader's black clothe flapped in the wind, his air swayed gently behind his back. His eyes were filled with coldness and killing intent. The leader summoned all the power in his body. He was not going to hold back a single bit. The young lord may have had the skin coating equipment on his body which helped him survive the leader first and second full powered sword strike, but the leader know pretty well that the protection it could provide was still limited. Especially for someone with such a low cultivation as the young lord.

The skin coating equipment could negate most of the attacks but there was still some power that would reach the young lord's body. Just a little bit of that power would be enough to kill someone of the young lord level yet he still survived and did not seem to be much injured. Something like this was not possible. Therefore this time, the leader did not want to take any chance. He will kill him thoroughly this time.

The leader took a step forward, his figure flickered and disappeared. At that moment, the terrifying spiritual qi shot even higher causing the sky to rumble. When the leader appeared once again, he was already close to the young lord before slashing down his sword.

A white light glowed, covering everything. At the same time, an enormous sword qi tore through space, surging forth with a ear deafening screeching sound of the air being pierced through as it rushed toward the young lord.

The appearance of the sword qi brought a ominous aura along with it which caused the young lord heart to stop. With wide eyes, the young watched as the sword qi charged towards him. Actually, all he saw was a blinding white light that covered him in a split of a second. Yet that split of second was like an eternity to the young lord as all the hairs on his body rose vertically. A freezing cold wind seemed to blow along his spine making him shudder. His mind blanked and just for moment, he could make out the sharp sword qi inside the white light slowly moving towards him.

The young lord could feel death slowly pulling his being into the dark abyss. Without any control of his body, the young lord could only watch as death was slowly swallowing him. Time seemed to slow down before his eyes. Every second in that eternity was like a torment for the young lord knowing that he would die. The more it got closer to him, the more the young lord felt his heart feel cold and desperate. His mind kept ringing and the sound getting louder like a death bell. His eyes were slowly losing focus. His soul seemed lost.

In that eternity, the young lord heart lost all hope. He really regretted in his heart. He lost everything. He had the most loyal servants who were ready to give their life for him. A trust and loyalty that he never deserved. He did not know their true value until he lost them.

With bitter feeling, the young lord stared in front of him, at the white light slowly covering his sight. The mixed emotions and turmoil inside him suddenly come to an abrupt halt.

Crack crack...

The sound of snapping sounded inside the young lord head as if something cracked. The young lord eyes completely lost focus and turned dull. At the same moment, time seemed to return to normal as the sword qi arrived in front of the young lord. The sword qi brought with it the aura of destruction. This time, the leader aimed straight at the middle of the young lord forehead. Not giving any chance to the young lord.

Boom..boom..

A thunderous sound echoed in the sky accompanied by the terrifying rumbling in the air that sounded like war drum. The ground quaked and collapsed, while a huge cloud of dust spread toward the surrounding. Small rabbles flew out in every direction, causing no small damages around the forest.

After a while, the rumbling sound died down, the cloud of smoke slowly scattered, revealing a deep crater like hole in the ground. Countless spiderweb like cracks spread outwardly toward every direction from the holes. Judging from the size of the hole, that could be up to more than fifty meters deep and thirty meters of diameter, one could imaged just how terrifying was that one sword strike of the leader.

The leader's face looked a little pale as that sword strike drained out a large amout of qi from him. However his eyes were bright and focused as he fixedly stared at the result of his attack. A trace of satisfaction could be see on his eyes as his lips arced slightly. However the leader tried his best to not let it shown on his face. He did not believe that the young lord would survive this time, his previous failure to kill the young lord, no matter the reason was already a huge blow to him that he could not tolerate.
It would be a miracle to even find a piece of the young lord broken body after receiving that attack.

Steward xie stared with wide eyes at the huge pit. His body could not move a inch. He couldn't even gather strength to shout. Tears slowly streamed down his cheeks. His heart bitter and agonizing. He blamed himself for being so weak. He couldn't protect the young lord in the end.

With hate and madness, steward xie glanced at the leader with bloodshot eyes. An intense killing intent slowly radiated from his body. The heavy aura was so strong that steward xie body was suddenly shrouded within a strange red fog. The killing intent was so strong that it actually pyhisical manifested itself.

The oppressive aura around steward xie was getting stronger and stronger, the air swirled around his body, forming a vortex as it circling faster and faster. Steward xie opened his mouth, and a deep howl reverberated through the world. The sky itself seemed to shake. All the grief and anger were projected through that single roar.

Blood stained the ground as it flowed out of steward xie countless wounds in the body, however he did not seem to care as the momentum on his body kept rising higher. He did not care anymore for what could happen. He has already failed his task. He let the young lord, the son of his master die right in front of him.

The world can sneer or spit at the young lord direction, they could despise him and gaze at him with contempt because of his dim witted mentally. But, he is still their young lord, to whom they have rested their hope. The young Lord could not even remember them properly even though they have been at his side for many years. It would not be so wrong to say that with the young lord disposition, he couldn't really be considered a good guy either. Still, he was their young lord. There was no meaning in him staying alive after failing to his task.

The leader brow slightly wrinkled as he felt the dangerous atmosphere from steward xie body in the back, but he did not pay too much attention. What can he do?

The leader lips curved into a cold smile, his eyes flashed with satisfaction sensing steward xie's desperation cry. He liked very much this sound. The leader slowly turned to look at steward xie, watching the burning hate in his eyes. His heart felt refreshed.

While the leader was savoring the cry of steward xie, his heart suddenly jumped. The hairs on his body rose vertically as a deep sense of danger covered his body. The feeling was so sudden that the leader face changed dramatically. Without much time to think, the leader rapidly moved his body to the side, dodging with incredible speed while the armor qi slowly surfaced around his body.

Unfortunately, his movement still turned out to be slow as a black shadow pounced from behind, leaving a black streak as it moved at an incredible speed. The shadow seemed indistinct as his speed was too fast and before the leader could completely dodge, it slammed against him.

Bang

Blood sprayed in the air. The leader escaped by the hair as he retreated to the side. However his shoulder was dripping with blood as claws mark could be seen on it.

The leader's face was white and turned ugly. He retreated further, while fiercely glaring at the black shadow streak which transformed into the form of the panther demon beast before charging back at him with faster speed.

Too fast, the panther demon beast closed on the leader, who's face changed drastically. The panther demon beast opened his mouth filled with razors sharp sword like teeth and bite down toward the leader head.

The leader's eyes widened, he felt cold and anger exploded inside his heart as the imminent feeling of danger caused him to mobilize all the power inside his body. With a roar, the leader kicked the air and at the last moment, his body slanted strangely to the side and dodged the panther demon beast bite to the head, but only to be welcome by an heavy clawed pow that crushed into his chest with mountain like power.

Bang...

The leader shot down like a meteor and hit the ground with a muffing bang, causing a small crater to appear on the ground. The ground shook gently, a cloud of smoke rose to the air.

Blood spurred out of the leader's mouth. With red eyes filled with anger, an oppressive aura suddenly erupted from the leader body. Heaven shaking killing intent rushed toward the demon beast as if to crash it. The leader came out of the hole, his eyes cold and murderous. A trace of blood could be seen at the corner of his lips. His eyes seemed to pour out flame as he stared a the panther demon beast.

"Evil beast, courting death" the leader roared, the sword in his hands trembled as if ready to destroy the world. 

1