Chapter 19: The blood sacrifice technique
49 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Evil beast, courting death!?" The leader roared in anger. The sword in his hand trembled as if ready to destroy the world.

A strong wave of killing intent blew toward the panther demon beast. Heavy and overbearing as if holding all the authority in the world. However the panther demon beast did not retreat either and roared back toward the leader. Its roar sounded even more powerful than the leader's. Demon qi exploded from its body, showing its unyielding spirit. The pair of vicious demon beast eyes intently glared at the leader like staring at a prey.

As the black demon qi emanated from its body, the panther demon beast slowly bent its body. Its sharp claws extended and firmly buried themselves on the hard ground as its body slowly crouched down, just like an arrow ready to leave a bow. The panther demon beast was ready to charge at any time at the leader once again.

The leader stared at the panther demon beast with cold eyes, his sword humming continuously as if urging the leader to strike. However the leader did not make any move, he stared intently at the panther demon beast before narrowing his eyes. His anger slowly vanished after a moment. With his experience, be could feel that the panther demon beast timing was just to perfect. If he were to loose his cool and carelessly charged forward, he would have led himself into a dangerous situation.

The leader shifted his gaze to the side and his eyes flashed. His heart suddenly felt a cold chill. Sure enough. At some unknown time, the other two demon beasts also have moved closer to him and from their positions, he was almost surrounded by the demons beasts from three sides.

It was clear that the three demon beasts were planing on dealing with him together. He would have no chance against them by himself. While he could just run but if he were to be surrounded, it would cost him a lot to get out of danger. And after witnessing the panther demon beast speed, he would not even dare to allow that to happen.

The three demon beasts did not take anymore action. They could also tell that the other party have found their plan. Making rash moves would only make their prey escape. After all, in their eyes, the leader was only a prey. However this prey was so much tempting that they were ready to band together knowing that it would be hard for any of them to catch him alone.

The same way humans cultivator hunt demon beasts for their practice resources, the demon beasts also consider human cultivator as a great source of practice. The demon world they live in was already brutal, killing each other for greater power as they swallow the weak ones. Or they crudely use the many resources that could be found in the forest. But the tonic of eating a human cultivator is even more important. Especially for them who are at the general level demon beast.

While the quenching spirit fruit was very precious and useful for them, it could not just compare to the blood of a cultivator of the leader level. They already had one human at the door's death and would not miss a chance if they could have one more considered that the damn human did not seem to put them in the eyes when they could bring him hell.

The three demon beasts growled lowly, bearing their teeth. The panther demon beast crouched down even more, while hiding completely its presence. Without seeing it with naked eyes, one would hardly believe that it was there. As if blended with space.

The leader's spirit sense did not leave the panther demon beast for an second as he glanced at the other demons beasts. Of the three demons, it was more cautious of the panther demon beast as its actions were fast and unpredictable.

At this moment, the three demons beasts eyes flashed fiercely. Similarly, the leader turned to look at the side toward steward xie who was glaring at him with intense killing intent. His momentum had already rose to a point that it alerted everyone present. Steward xie's entire body was giving off a blinding red light, spreading toward the surrounding. His skin was red like flowing lava and if one looked carefully, one could actually see an number of blood veins showing under his body. These blood veins were the ones giving off the blinding light from steward xie's body.

Roar.....

With an other roar, a huge booming sound resounded from steward xie's body. His aura climbed higher than his peak and continued to push forward. His broken body suddenly started moving again, slowly as he tried to stand up. His bloody gaze always fixed at the leader.

The three demons beasts body trembled unconsciously, while the leader's face underwent a drastic change. He suddenly felt like a sword was pointed at his throat. The hair on his body rose, his scalp went numb. With wide eyes, the leader stared at steward as horror covered his face.

"Impossible!... This, this is the blood sacrifice technique. How does he know something like this!" The leader screamed. His legs involuntarily backed up. His breathing sped up.

Steward xie aura climbed higher and higher. A strong gust of wind blew fiercely, sweeping everything around. Some trees were uprooted from the ground and carried in the air. The ground shook. Black cloud started to gather in the sky, as rumbling sound echoed.

The three demon beasts were shocked. Their situation were even more difficult than the leader's. From steward xie's body, they could feel a strong aura that threatened to come out. That aura caused their body to tremble and their blood to freeze. It seemed that aura was not something they could defy. And it was getting even stronger.

Roar....

An other roar, however this time, it did not come from steward xie's mouth but directly from his body. And the roar was actually the roar of a dragon. At the same time, a blurry image of a roaring dragon appeared behind steward xie. The dragon looked strong and majestic, looking down at the world and causing the world to worship in front of it.

Boom..

Reaching a certain point, steward xie body suddenly turned aflame. With the red light spreading from his body, the flame seems to be blood red as they burned fiercely. At the same time, steward xie momentum rose even higher to the point that thunder started rumbling in the sky.

"It really is the blood sacrifice technique. He is crazy. How can he use it" the leader's face was ugly. Panic invaded his heart. Without even a moment of thought, even with the heavy pressure falling down on him. The leader gritted his teeth and charged to the distance.

The leader run faster and did not dare to linger. He had mobilised all the spirit qi in his body to flee. He even used the secret technique, changing his body into fog allowing himself to run faster. Within a mere moment, his figure already turned into a small dot. One can imagine that this blood qi sacrifice technique was terrible, if even the leader choose to flee at the first moment.

The leader have never seen someone use this technique before. He didn't know of anyone who could have it either. That goes the same for the dragon qi cultivated by steward xie and the others. However as an assassin, he knew many things and read countless records in the past. That was a requirements for them in the guild as an assassin since they could come across many situations. But the leader never thought that it will really happen.

Whether it was the dragon qi or the blood qi sacrifice technique, these were techniques of legend that was difficult to come across. Yet he actually met two of them in a single day and from the same group of people.

The leader's heart banged against his chest. When he thought about the mission, his face turned ugly as he continued to run. Behind him, the sense of danger kept getting stronger.

"The blood qi sacrifice technique. With this technique, one can burn the blood inside his body in order to gain more power. After using this technique, the user will loose his mind and his strength could rise up to more than ten time stronger" the leader whispered gloomily as he run faster. Even after running so far, he still felt the pressure present. It even kept getting stronger giving the leader the urge to swear. The only reason he would feel this presence even now would be if the other party locked his aura on him.

He could not escape.

The leader cursed inside his heart and stimulated his spiritual qi to run faster. Blood even spurred from his mouth. His eyes flashing fiercely. From the strength demonstrated by steward xie, if his power were to grow up ten time stronger, then how can he resist.

He would not stand a single chance if that were to happen.

The only way to deal with this situation was either to flee fast and get away before the other's blood burning was completed or to act first and interrupt the blood qi sacrifice techinique before it was completely finished. Once interrupted, the other will be struck by the backlash and would be in an even worse step. Afterward, he will loose his cultivation.

However, who would dare to get close when the overwhelming power exploded to such a tyrannical level. With the dragon qi erupting from his body, steward xie momentum was so strong that the world seemed to shift upside down. Evey demon beasts blood was frozen and suppressed as they howled in panic. As of the leader, he felt like the weight of the entire world was crashing down on him that his body started running before he even realise the danger.

However being suppressed was one things. It did not mean that no body could move. At the time of danger, not everyone reacted the same way.

As the leader run toward one direction, an other black shadow charged toward the opposite direction. While the movement of the shadow was a little sluggish, it still insisted and rushed in front of the roaring Steward xie before transforming back to the panther demon beast figure.

As soon as it appeared in front of steward xie, the panther demon beast roared and slammed a heavy strike against Stewart xie body.

Boom.

A muffing sound echoed in the air. Lightning arc swam in the dark cloud as rumbling sounded continuously.

Steward xie body was crushed on the ground under the panther demon beast claws. Blood sprayed out of his mouth. His breathing was slow and weak. The light in his eyes dimmed. The huge momentum from his body suddenly started decreasing at an alarming speed and before long, the pressure completely disappeared.

Steward xie laid on the ground with one of the panther demon beast legs stepping down on his chest. Locking his body on the ground as one of the sharp claw pierced through steward xie left shoulder. The sharp claws then diigged into the ground. The other claws also inserted themselves on the ground, not giving steward xie any chance to move.

However that did not seem to be necessary as steward xie laid weakly on the ground. He lost all the sense of his body. His left shoulder was pierced by a claw while his right arm was cut off. His chest was broken making it difficult for him to breath. Most of the bones inside his body were shattered. His meridians and blood qi were destroyed yet he felt nothing except the feeling of his life leaving his body.

Tears streamed down his cheeks. Grief and a great sorrow covered his entire being.

As steward xie laid down on the ground, his dim gaze turned toward the sky. Steward xie ignored the panther demon beast fierce growling as it leaned forward towards his face. He looked at the vast sky, as if gazing to the heaven at the lord who stood high up in the cloud, giving his back to him.

"The old slave failed you my lord. This old slave is incompetent. The young Lord died. I couldn't protect him in the end. I m sorry my lord. I failed you. I failed you...I failed" steward xie whispered under his breath. He could hear his mumbling word as it only seemed to resound inside his heart.

With a bitter and easy smile, steward xie looked at the panther demon beast as it opened his mouth wide, covering his whole vision before it bite down toward his head.

In the distance, the leader also had stopped fleeing after sensing steward xie's momentum disappearing. He stared at the panther demon beast which was biting down at Steward xie with a cold smile. His face was still a little pale and sweaty but he didn't care for a moment. With his cultivation, his eyes could see a long distance.

With the death of steward xie, his mission could be more than perfectly completed. It did not matter how or who killed him at this point as long as he was dead. But he was still planning on thanking these demon beasts in the future. Especially that panther demon beast.

As the leader was waiting for the panther demon beast to finish off steward xie, just as its mouth was only a few inches away from steward xie face. A change suddenly appeared.

As if met by a invisible force, the panther demon beast mouth stopped right in front of steward xie. Its body abruptly froze in place.

Confused, the other two demon beast looked at the panther demon beast curiously, but suddenly their eyes flashed while, at the same time the leader's expression changed dramatically.

For some reason, their bodies turned completely still, unable to move a single muscle. Not only them, but even the others lower level demon beasts that were lingering in the surrounding were affected. At the same time, a gust of cold wind suddenly blew gently across every one present, caressing their faces before everything come to a stop.

The wind stopped blowing. The leaves and grass in the forest stooped swaying. Everything turned static. Time seemed to have stopped. No sound could be heard. The world turned silent

Silence.

Then...

Boom....! 

1