Chqpter 20: The Beating heart
44 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

boom...

The booming sound shattered the silence. It echoed through out the static area like a heavenly thunder. After the first one, with each time the booming sound echoed, the earth would vibrate along with it like a pulse. The space shook every time like it could not support that sound. Crack appeared in the sky as if the world was about to collapse.

With the world shaking, the air started blowing once again. The mountains in the forest were shaking, causing giant rabbles to break down from it. Giant tornado appeared one after an other, connecting the earth to the sky which was starting to gather dark cloud filled with arcs of lightning. The rumbling grew stronger.

Boom..

As a storm swept through everything around. The crack started appearing on the ground even more before it started collapsing and breaking down. The world seemed to come to an end as everything was turning to ruin.

Boom...

An other booming sound, countless mountain collapsed and many broken stone and giant boulder were swept by the storm in the air forming a majestic cyclone that ravaged everything. The world shook even more, while more dark cloud gathered in the sky. The dark cloud expended toward the distance reaching further than the eyes could see.

At the same time, a presence started gathering in the world. The moment the presence started appearing, the wind blew even violently, causing a roar to resound in the air like the sound of countless giants howling in towards the sky. Heaven and earth shook even more as it trembling before this presence.

From the trees, the grasses, the mountains, the air, the stars, the demon beasts, space and even out of thin air, from everything that existed in the world, that presence came out and gathered in the air as if gazing down to the common people.

From this presence, no one could resist. Everyone present was trembling from the depth of their soul. They could feel a connection between them and the presence as if it could wipe them out and even erase their existence. Be it human or demon beast, not one was spared.

Even if no one could see it, everyone present could feel the overwhelming presence on top of their head. As if watching them intently from high above.

When the presences was completely gathered, a deafening bang rang out. Everyone heart seemed to stop at that moment. Their mind were blank without any thought. When the sound faded and their mind recovered, everyone heart was racing madly.

To this moment, no one could move. Everyone was still locked in place. As the world collapsed, the numerous demon beast that were hiding in the surrounding were unable to flee as they stood in place. Some even were unlucky and fell down on the crack formed on the ground. Some were hit by giant boulders falling from the sky or were simply swept by the giant storm without any strength of resistance.

Even the leader in the distance was sweating as one after an other boulder were crushing close to his body and the ground breaking under his feet. His nerve were so high that his body seemed to be pumped with high dosage drug. He kept chanting in his heart to make himself awake and not panic due to high tension.

"This is not real. This is not real. This is not real"

How can this be real. This is definitely false. Maybe an illusion or just a dream. This day was the weirdest he had ever lived and he just could not take it any more even with his great mental. He needed to hang into something. Especially when he could not move and only watching as the world was playing bowling with him as he stood unmoving.

Despite all this chaos, it was still not over. The booming sound that rang in the air echoed once again. This time even more stronger.

Boom...

The whole world shook again and the spiritual qi boiled in the air. Huge explosion rang continuously as thick spiritual qi were colliding against each other.

Boom...

An other booming sound echoed. With a strange rhythm, an other one followed before an other one again. The booming sound continued and when one listen carefully, the thunderous sound echoed like the sound of heartbeat. Its intensity grew stronger with every beating and if one would said that it felt unstable at the beginning, it became more steady and stable while growing stronger.

It felt like a terrifying sleeping giant who was slumbering deeply for countless years was now waking up. His heartbeat that stopped beating after an eternity was beating once again for the first time.

Boom.....

As the sound of heartbeat grew stronger, the wind raged and blew more fiercely. At the same time, the dark cloud expended more faster toward every directions. In a blink of a eye, the entire area of the outer edge of the forest was covered with black cloud. Thunders rumbled as arc of lightning swam through the dark sky like dragons.

Suddenly, the sound of horn and trumpet echoed through out the entire sky. The sound was strong and mysterious, as if directly sounding inside the souls of every being. The rumbling of thunders were immediately drown by that sound, as if not daring to compete with it.

Not only inside the forest, but the entire world was filled with the sound of the horn. The dark cloud on top of the forest churned even more violently as it slowly started to turn red like blood.

Just by looking at the sky, every being under the heaven felt their entire being tremble. With the sound of the horn and trumpet that displayed an archaic and holy feeling, a sudden feeling of sadness and grief invaded the heart of everyone.

Be it humans, demon beasts or any other races, everyone seemed to be unable to control themselves as their emotions were strangely stirred. The entire misty cloud forest was filled with the sound of countless demons beasts whining as they stared in horror at the world around them breaking down, unable to move a single inch, with only their eyes shifting from side to side.

Steward xie body was also affected by this strange power. His body could not move and his emotions were chaotic. When the sound of horn resounded, he was entirely filled with grief and sadness. He could not controls it as tear flowed down from his eyes.

Yet before he could understand what was happening, the sound of horn was replaced by the sound of trumpet and the sound of countless birds singing. His heart was suddenly filled with great joy that he felt like shouting and screaming to the sky.

What is more, the sudden feeling in his heart was so strong that it affected even his soul. He could like something deep inside of him was urging him to get up and worship with bended knee towards a certaine direction. This sudden urg was so strong that steward xie entire body was trembling. The overwhelming presence in the sky that was restricting everyone body seemed to only allow them to move if it was to respond to that strange urg inside theirs hearts.

Steward xie heart was beating fast and his body that could not even move a single finger actually moved and slowly started getting up. His body moved by itself and faced toward a direction and slowly bended his knee to worship.

His mind regained some clarity and watched in horror at the world around him. He could not help but feel shocked.

From the corner of his eyes, he could see that around him, the three demons beasts were also bowing as their heads were lowered facing the same direction as him. From their eyes, he could feel their panic. Not only them but many other demon beasts that were around were also prostrating.

The wind blew more fiercely. The sky was rumbling. Sound of explosion could be heard endlessly as the spiritual energy between heaven and earth were colliding in the air. From the spiritual energy restlessness, one could tell as if the world itself was rejoicing for some reason.

Steward xie shifted his gaze and looked at the direction they were all worshiping, his heart suddenly banged against his chest.

What kind of existence could cause such a phenomenon to happen in the world. He could feel his blood boiling and his entire being excited as if someone else was controlling his body.

While every gaze was fixed toward that direction, the world shook again. This time, the whole world seemed to have been shaken. Even the space seemed to be instable as if it would shatter to piece.

Countless hill and mountains crumbled and collapsed. The crack on the ground spread father and opened up even bigger.

Numerous stone a boulders started suddenly floating up in the air around the area. It seemed as if a strange force was slowly pulling them up in the air, giving a spectacular sight.

At the same time, more gravel and boulders rose up in the air from a huge pit that was formed on the ground. The direction of the pit was actually the direction where everyone was worshipping.

More gravel and boulders emptied from the pit. Even some broken trees that were buried inside floated up in the air and suspended itself as if held by an invisible force.

From within the many giants boulders and broken trees that was coming out of the pit, a small figure could be seen slowly floating up in the air. The figure looked negligible among the countless debris but as it appeared, every gaze was automatically fixed on it.

His appearance caused the wind to howl. The storm raged more fiercely. The explosion of spiritual energy between heaven and earth collided harder causing booming sound to incessantly rang out like fire crackers.

The figure hovered in the air after rising to some time. Looking closely, the figure had white long hairs that floated along the wind. His eyebrows was also silver white. His eyes closed and serene.

Most of his clothes were broken as it flapped in the wind. As if breathing, A huge atmosphere was emanating from his body before slowly retreating again inside. This process continued from some times, but if one looked closely, one could see that the rhythm of the thunderous sound in the sky that sounded like heartbeats was strangely synchronized with that of the atmosphere emanating from the figure in the sky.

His chest rose and felt, showing that he was alive. He breathing connected with the breath of the world. He seemed to be one with the the world. In peace.

All different type of eyes were trained on the figure in the air.

As if unwilling to disturb the figure, all the sound in the world suddenly faded as if erased by an invisible mighty hand. The overwhelming presence in the sky become even more overbearing.

While everyone's heart was beating fiercely against their chest, the sound of sighing suddenly reverberated in the air.

That sound seemed to come from the ancient time. Carrying a solemn and majestic felling with it that caused the souls of every being that heard it to tremble.

The figure in the sky opened his eyes gently while hovering in the air, brilliant light flashed from inside. The world instantly turned silent. The thunders in the sky dared not to make a sound. The wind quited and the earth stopped shaking.

Everything come to a stop.

"So, I am still alive" 

2