Chapter 21: Awaken
48 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So. I am still alive"

A gentle voice came out from the figure mouth. His voice was low yet, could strangely be heard by everyone present as if whispered into their ears.

The figure looked around him with a hint of confusion. But his expression was calm.

His silver hair whipped about in the wind, gently caressing his face. He looked at the surrounding, the destruction around him and the panic inside all eyes were clearly visible to him.

The figure frowned gently.

"Where is this place" the figure whispered faintly." I don't recognize this place. This is not the central world. It does not seem to be any of the branch worlds either "

"Was I slumbering here? Or maybe sealed here? For how long? How many years already passed since that time"

As he kept thinking, the figure's brows wrinkled even harder" No. It can't be so simple. I should not be able to make it out at that time no matter what."

"But the fact is i'm standing here. Unless...."

The figure raised his head and looked at the rumbling red sky. His eyes narrowed into a slit. A thought flashed in his mind but he could not completely understand it. He could not physically see the overwhelming Presence in the sky, but his eyes pierced through the air as if he could see that presence right of top of him.

As he gazed at the sky, the overwhelming presence that had gathered in the sky seemed to be a little agitated as if expressing itself. With the figure eyes and sense, he could easily feel the presence joyfulness.

The presence became agitated and similarly, it affected everything around as the ground tumbled and shook. The wind blew madly about in every direction. The giant tourbillion that connected the heaven and earth rotated even more faster as the sound of roaring and howling spread out. Thunders rumbled in the sky.

More land were broken. The presence in the sky seemed to be like a small child who was rushing around and flipping everything around to express his happiness.

But who would dare call that overwhelming presence a child. That would be too incredible as no one was able to resist it. That was a presence that all the being under the sky instinctively revered from the depth of their soul.

The presence of heaven.

With a calm face, the figure's corner of lips arced slightly as a smile escaped his mouth. A gentle light appeared in his eyes.

"So it was you" the figure said softly."you managed to save me even at that time. I can't think of any way that it could have been possible. I shouldn't be able to be alive anymore no matter what. Even if it is you, that would still have been impossible"

As the man spoke, a gentle force rushed out of the invisible presence and wrapped around the figure causing his body to glow with a strong blue light.

The gentle power wrapped Around the figure's whole body. Slowly circulating and covered him as if a caressing his body. Just like a mother.

The figure was suddenly filled with a serene and warm feeling which caused him to close His eyes and immerse himself. The figures took a deep breath and feeling the joy transmitted from the spirit of the heaven.

After a moment moment, the figure opened his eyes before turning to look at his surrounding once again. Everything was in chaos. The world looked like it was about to end. The various figures of demon beast around were whining as they prostrated themselves on the ground. They could only howl with fear.

The figure watched everything while being covered by the blue energy. At the same time, everyone could clearly see the figure'd face. But when his face was seen by the three general demon beasts, their entire body shuddered as shock filled their demonic eyes.

They could not believe it. How can this be possible. That face, maybe there was some change compared to before but how could they forget that face.

Compared to steward xie, the shock of the three demons beasts could not amount to anything. When he looked at the figure floating majestically in the air, his heartbeat accelerated.

That was his young lord.

How can this be. The Young lord now had long white hairs that fell down on his back. His figure was still a little thin but compared to before, there was a strange atmosphere around him as if his body was a masterpiece of the gods.

After being with the young lord for so long, steward xie could tell with a single glance that it was really his young lord. But he couldn't just believe it.

The young lord was still alive? And what was it with the strange change on his body.

At this moment, the young lord suddenly took a deep breath, his eyes flashed. The blue light covering his body glowed brightly like a small sun.

A huge momentum erupted from the young lord body. A the same time, he opened his mouth wide and sucked in fiercely.

The air shook and the spiritual energy around become agitated. In a radius of hundreds of kilometers, spiritual energy were fiercely drawn toward the young lord directly rushing toward his body.

The sky rumbled as thunder banged inside the red sky. A huge vertex appeared with the young lord as the center. Spiritual qi rushed faster toward the young lord and were swallowed even faster. At the same time, cracking sound could be heard sounding from the young lord's body.

More spiritual energy rushed from every direction but the speed could not keep up with the young lord absorption, causing the young lord face to twitch a little. Yet suddenly, the presence of the heaven in the sky moved and motivated more spiritual energy of heaven and earth to rush toward the young lord.

The spectacular sight in the front of the demons beasts present caused them to swallow hard. Their blood was feeling cold as their hearts were filled with fear and terror. The thickness of the heaven and earth spiritual energy rushing toward the young lord was unheard of. It was so thick that it could be visible in the naked eyes.

Right at this moment, the young lord body trembled gently. His brows locked into a frown. The young lord also closed his mouth and stopped sucking the heaven and earth spiritual energy.

He opened his eyes, his gaze was thoughtful as his frown deepened. His eyes flashed with a strange light but disappeared in an instant.

The heaven and earth spiritual energy also calmed down after the young lord stopped sucking it, but the presence in the sky was urging the young lord to draw more of the heaven and earth spiritual energy. As if a mother was urging his hungry child to eat after sleeping for a long time.

However the young lord did not attract any more heaven and earth spiritual energy but stood silently in air for a moment.

"This is not my real body." The young lord frowned." It is too weak and impur. However the connection between this body and my soul have a hundred percent affinity. This should not be possible if this body did not belong to me in the first place."

"No matter how a body is good or suit a foreigner soul, it would never have a complete synchronization than the original soul. But this body have a hundred percent synchronization with me. This could only mean that this body belong to me. But that is impossible."

The young lord raised both his hands in front of him and stared at them. The small hand looked smooth and gentle. As if never done any hard work.

"Sure not, this is not the body i remember" the young lord calmly muttered to himself.

The young lord eyes suddenly flashed with a hint of surprise.

"Oh? This body actually have a special physic. A rare one at that."

"To think that i will come across a zombie physic body. Very difficult to come by."

With his ability, there was no way could not see in a singe glance as soon as he opened his eyes that this body was not his. But he still come to realised late.

"The only possibility is that I was reincarnated? That can't be, at that time my soul was shattered to piece. I should have died. There is not chance for me to reincarnate" the young lord shook his head gently.

"Furthermore, the heaven and earth spiritual energy here is thin and polluted with hidden toxic that contaminate the body and soul. This can not be a natural occurrence."

The young lord raised his head back and took a deep breath.

"Just what is going on"

The young Lord looking around him. A large number of demon beast and wild beast could be seen everywhere in his line of sight. They were all locked in place with horror showing on their eyes.

Some demon beasts and wild beasts were unlucky and died in different way as their were unable to move. These that were still alive prayed nothing more than for this anomaly to just leave them alone and go back to the land of humans.

"May as well let them go" the young Lord said faintly after looking up toward the sky once again. But the cloud rumbled as if the spirit of heaven and earth was expressing its reluctance.

"There is no need to worry" the young lord smiled lightly "they can not effort to to toss around any wind in front of me. You can let them go"

The presence in the sky moved again as if to express its confusion but still eased its pressure around the surrounding demons beasts. Everyone present could finally breath. But, the presence was still hovering in the sky as if staring down at everyone present.

The young lord smiled gently. The presence in the sky was the spirit of heaven and earth. Normally, anything under the even could not escape it. But the spirit did not have real intelligence, but more like of an instinct. So the young lord could not ask it anything about the world even if he wanted to.

As soon as the pressure was relieved from everyone, numerous demon beasts released their breath. Some directly crumbled and collapsed on the ground, while others fainted.

Steward xie also could not resist and fell on the ground. His conditions was in a even more severe state. The reason he could move in the first place was that his body was forced to move by the overwhelming presence in the sky without his control. Now that the presence released everyone he could not support it either.

Steward xie breathed hardly. His chest was trembling just to raise when breathing, using all his strength to stay alive. His vision blurred, he could not clearly see the young lord any more but still struggled to stay awake.

Is that really his young lord?

"......Young lord" steward xie whispered softly. His voice could be barely heard by himself as it mostly sounding in his heart. But that was all he could do. His life was ending and he couldn't insist any longer.

The young lord in the distance strangely shifted his gaze toward steward xie as if he could heard his voice. He frowned slightly. Just at this time, a sudden pain stabbed the young Lord's mind causing his face to twitch.

The pain came so suddenly, at the same time countless memory rushed into his brain like a book was revealed into his mind. Countless information flashed through the lord mind.

The young lord closed his eyes and digested the seventeen years of life memory before opening his eyes. A bright glow flashed inside.

The young lord looked at the three demons beasts prostrating on the ground before looking at Steward xie in the distance who was ready to take his last breath soon enough.

A line of tear was slowly sliding through the corner of steward xie's eyes. His breathing had become strained. His life force ready to disappear.

"Forgive me lord. The old servant could not fulfill your wish of that year anymore. I can't accompany the young lord from now on. Please, protect the young lord in the heaven. Look after the young lord" steward prayed in his heart as his eyes were loosing their light. He would die soon enough.

However steward Xie could fully close his eyes, a gentle and majestic voice echoed in his ears. "Are you really giving up after everything? Who said you could die without my permission. As long as i do not permit it, you are not allowed to die"

3