Chapter 22: world call
45 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you really giving up after everything? Who said you could die without my permission. As long as i do not permit it, you are not allowed to die" the gently but majestic voice directly sounded into steward xie ears as if the speaker was right beside him.

After hearing this voice, Steward xie body shook fiercely. His closing eyes flickered as he struggled to open them. But at this moment, there was not a hint of strength on his body and could not prevent his eyes from closing.

Right at this time, a strange force suddenly rushed into steward xie body out of no where, filling him with strength so that his eyes that were closing slowly bursted open and were once again filled with life.

A hot and warm filling covered his whole body as the strange energy that entered his body slowly healed him. Gradually, steward xie eyes regained some clarity, the broken bones and the serious wounds in his body were being healed rapidly.

Crack crack....

Cracking sounds could be heard. Steward xie broken bones were being fixed. Everywhere the force passed inside his body, the bones and fleshes were being healed at the same time.

His broken chest was also healing, allowing steward xie to breath more properly. At the same time, his body regained some strength. Steward xie raised his hand and to his surprise, the arm that was cut off in the fight against the three demons beasts was also reconnected to his body once again.

Some colours returned to his pale face as he coughed hardly. Steward xie looked around him with some confusion, he could not understand what was happening. Just a moment ago, he was about to die yet now he was full of strength.

Steward xie eyes finally fell to the figure in the sky looking down at him like a god. His calm gaze bearing down on him. When he stared into these eyes, steward xie felt like being drawn into the infinite darkness causing his heart to jump. But with one glance, he could tell that the unknown power that healed him now was from that figure standing freely in the air.

Steward xie eyes flashed with a complexes feeling. As he looked at the eyes of the young lord, he felt his heart and soul shake. He did not dare to stare for long. The one standing freely in the sky have the appearance of his young lord but those eyes, they definitely are not these of his young lord.

These types of eyes, with condescending and indifferent gaze as if looking down on the common people. With all the experiences he had, steward xie was sure that he had never seen these types of eyes. Even the former lord could not compare.

What should he do now? At this moment, his body was fully healed and the unknown power that entered his body also disappeared. Should he go to the young Lord now? The voice he heard when he was about to faint definitely come from the young lord.

After taking a deep breath, steward xie calmed down a little as a thought flashed in his mind that made his entire body to trembled.

Just What if....

The old lord had always said that the young lord they usually see in front of them was not the real young lord. That the real young lord was still slumbering inside and that he will wake up one day. All the close servant of the old lord were aware this.

Could it be that the young lord finally awakened?

Steward xie was suddenly excited as his heart was filled with great joy and hope. He looked again at the young in the air, gathered his strength and ready to fly toward him but at this moment, his face suddenly changed.

He could not actually gather any spiritual qi in his body.

"How can this be possible. I can't feel any spiritual qi on my body." Steward xie face turned ugly."my cultivation. I lost my cultivation."

After trying more, he really could not do anything. Aside for having a strong body, his body had no spiritual qi. And after checking his body more he could see that his blood veins were completely melted and burned. His meridians were crashed and mingled. They could not circulate any more spirit qi. They were in such a state that steward xie heart groaned with pain.

He finally understood. The blood sacrifice technique. He had burned his meridians and blood veins in exchange for power when he thought the young lord was dead.

Steward xie sighed bitterly. His road of cultivation could now officially be considered finished after this. However this was already a good result after using that technique. After using the higher level of this technique, it could lead to complete death and even the annihilation of the soul without anymore chance of reincarnation.

Steward stabilized his state mind, this was not the time to feel sorry. He may have lost his cultivation but he still had a good body.

With great movements, steward xie dashed, jumping around as he avoided the numerous giant crack and ravines on the ground and arrived in front of the young lord. His hand holding on his broken long sword.

"Young Lord" steward xie bowed gently in from of the young lord. Not daring to look at his eyes.

He did not know what happened to the young lord but just a moment ago, the young lord had saved him. He could investigate other things afterward. At a better time.

The young Lord looked at Steward xie from the sky as the other could not fly in the air anymore, before gently nodding and retracting his gaze

The Young lord then looked at the three demons beasts. His eyes were calm without any emotions. But these eyes seemed to be like a heavy mountain on their bodies. The three demons beasts did not dare to raise their head. Just feeling the overwhelming presence that was hanging on top of their head felt like a sharp execution sword pointing at the back of their neck.

The young Lord frowned. From the memory he just recovered of the previous young lord, he could recognize steward xie. He could also tell now what was happening here and remembered everything. The chase, the fight and everything.

But for some reason, the memory that he received from the previous young Lord life were a total mess. He could barely make up a few things after reorganising them. He learned almost nothing important about the world from these memories. It seemed that the previous young Lord did not bother to learn about the world around him.

However that was not really that strange. Many people sometimes do not bother about the event of the world or in the case of the previous young Lord, it was just too much of pain. What really made the present young lord fell strange, was that he could not even tell the identity of the body he has from the memories. As if the young lord himself did not know very well his own status. As if all he knew was that he was a big shot.

The young lord glanced around him, based on the cultivation of everyone present, he was sure that he could not get anything of great importance from them. He needed answer.

"It seem like I would have to find on my own after all." The young lord whispered faintly before taking a deep breath.

The young lord eyes suddenly narrowed, golden light projected from his eyes as his face turned serious. His right hand slowly rose up and one of his finger pointed toward the sky.

Around the young lord, a mysterious and solemn atmosphere suddenly spread out. At the same time, the young lord voice resounded in the air.

"World call, rapport"

As the young lord voice echoed, the air trembled gently. From the tip of the young lord finger, a invisible ripple shot out and spread out toward the distance. The ripple passed through everyone body and everything. Yet no one could see or feel the slightest thing.

The ripple spread further and in the blink of an eye, it disappeared far in the distance, while its speed was increasing slowly, picking up the more the ripples expanded.

The world turned silent. Countless eyes of the demon beasts were on the young lord's body, staring in confusion. They could not tell what the young lord was doing but no on dared to move. On top of their heads, they could still feel that the spirit of heaven and earth was still locked on them.

Time passed, and the young lord body suddenly trembled slightly but there were still no change as he maintained his posture. Only the golden glow in his eyes shone brighter.

After a while the young lord trembled once again, but his face still did not change. The demon beast around were even more confused. Beads of sweat formed on the young lord forehead but he still insisted. He seemed to be doing something of great difficulty.

The silence lasted for half an hour. The young lord trembling was more violent but before long, the ripple that spread out in every direction was slowly retreating back towards the young lord with the tip of his raised finger as the center.

Finally, the ripple contracted towards the finger into a small point before slowly disappearing.

The young lord body stopped shaking and the bright golden glow in his eyes slowly faded

The strange atmosphere around the young lord also disappeared and everything retuned to normal. The young lord closed his eyes for a moment before opening them once again. A fierce light flashed inside his eyes before instantly disappearing.

The young lord lowered his hand. Taking a deep breath yet suddenly a great sense of weakness covered his body that caused him to sway gently in the air as if ready to fall from the sky.

Puff....

The young lord spat out a mouthful of blood and retreated a few step in the air before stabilizing himself. His breath accelerated and his face turned pale.

The young lord groaned and held his chest gently. Forcing back the blood that was about to come out his mouth once again.

This series of event shocked the demon beast around. What happened? How come the young lord suddenly spat out blood as if he was attacked? Wait. Attacked? Who would dare to attack the young lord long right now. Who was in such a rush to die that he would drag them with him.

Steward xie face also changed at this time. He was enable to fly but as the young lord swayed in the air, steward xie rushed fast toward him. His expression was anxious, trying to help the young lord. It seemed like his body moved on his own instinctively.

But just at this time, a deafening sound of thunder rumbled in the sky. The cloud churned and the ground shook. In the thick red cloud, thousand of long arc of lightning of the size of a man's waist swam like dragon. At the same time, a suffocating pressure pressed down from the sky.

Everyone was once again locked in place, but this time with a even more stronger restraining power, making the souls of everyone feel as if it was going to be frozen.

Everyone's eyes widened in horror. Every breath was unconsciously stopped. This was death. This was real annihilation. Even the lower demon beast and wild beast that did have any wisdom scolded and whined in their heart as if they suddenly become more intelligent due to the fear.

Not just the wild beasts and lower demon beasts. Even the stronger demon beast were like something was forcefully clicked inside their head due to fear causing some kind of imbalance. All the rule of heaven and earth seemed to suddenly be out order.

The spirit of heaven and earth was completely angry.

Just as everyone was in despair, the young lord weak voice sounded once again.

"Easy. it's fine. I'm alright. They did not do anything. There is no need to kill them for no reason." 

3