Chapter 23: The New World
43 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Easy. its fine. I'm alright. They did not do anything. There is no need to kill them."

The voice sounded at the right time, causing the descending sense of annihilation that was covering the sky to come into a abrupt stop. The sky rumbled once again. Lightnings flashed continuously. The weather was so heavy and suffocating that the whole world seemed to come to an end.

The various wild beasts and demon beasts were trembling violently. If they could, they would have preferred to just passe out if only they could escape from this place. Yet a force seemed to keep them awake.

Horror and panic were filled inside them. As demon beasts, they have always had conflict with humans. This was one of the oldest grudges of the world. The two races always fought against each other no matter what. Generally, neither of the two races would pass off a chance to kill the other if a opportunity presented itself.

But for all the demons beasts that were present right at this moment, there was no will to fight at all. They were even cursing inside theirs hearts. How could their ancestors mess around with these kind of entities. If really all the humans were like this or even any close to this kind of power, then their demon races was really doomed.

The young lord breathed in gently. There was still a sword wound on his chest but blood was not flowing more from it anymore.

He could guess that the spirit of heaven and earth which did not have much of intelligence was stimulated the moment he spat out blood from his mouth. Coupled with the sword wound, it directly thought that someone had attacked him. And everyone present was going to pay for that.

The young lord smile softly as he looked at the sky. He sighed.

"You really are too good to me. Huh" the young lord smiled.

The spirit of heaven and earth reacted again as if to express itself. The blue energy wrapped around the young lord body even more, trying to heal any form of injury inside him.

Looking at this, a flash of gentle light appeared on the young lord eyes, but soon it turned a bitter smile.

Just now, he had used one if his strongest skills. His will expanded to million of miles and covered the entire world in a blink of an eye. He even searched through the mind of some people without even them knowing anything and now he already had his answer.

"Don't worry. My body is fine." The young Lord comforted softly the spirit of heaven and earth as if talking to a worried child.

"I just used a skill to read the state of the whole world. It took too much from me and this body could not bear it."

At this moment, the young Lord suddenly frowned.

"Everything is different from the past. Even though the land changed and shifted. I can still tell that this is the Raquin branch world. Nothing is like before. There is no rule or order. Only chaos. The world is withering. The spiritual qi between heaven and earth became so thin that the world heroes could not have any real progress except for some. What is more....." Speaking to here, the Young Lord eyes turned cold and narrowed.

"Someone is intentionally polluting the spiritual energy of heaven and earth, corroding slowly the body and soul of anyone who breathed the slightest hint of air"

The young Lord stayed silent for a moment as he glanced toward certain direction. His eyes flashed with cold light as if able to pierce through space and stare in the distance. After staring for a while, the young lord retracted his gaze and sighed. He lifted his head once again and closed his eyes.

"The raquin world of the past is no longer. In the end, I failed" with a bitter smile, the young lord whispered to himself "I lost, the world is broken and dying. I should not even be here in the the first place"

After a moment of silence, the young lord opened his eyes once again.

"I understand. You saved me did not you?"

As soon the young lord voice sounded, the sky rumbled as the spirit of heaven and earth moved again, as if to respond to the young Lord.

"At that time, I should have been dead. Even with my calculation and all my preparation, I still failed. I fell and my soul was shattered to pieces and was dispersed between heaven and earth. I should not even be able to reincarnate. Not to mention that for someone like me, it was already impossible"

"In order to save me and give me an other chance, you saved a piece of my broken soul and nourished it for countless years before giving me a chance of reincarnation onece again"

The sky rumbled one again and the wind blew, the plants and trees danced as if the spirit of heaven and earth was expressing his joy.

The young lord also smiled. All the process of his reincarnation seemed to be simple but that is completely false. There was only a small chance for it to succeed and even then, the result....

The young lord shook his head and sighed.

"You have really worked hard. But that is still not enough."

When the young lord voice echoed, the blowing wind come to an abrupt stop. The spirit of heaven and earth seemed to be confused.

"My soul was shattered and scattered, and not just by a random expert. To revive me from the a piece of my broken soul is unrealistic and impossible. I'm sure you are aware of this. But you still insisted" the young lord sighed.

"My soul is already incomplete. It is already good that I could make it to here. But since I woke up, I will soon disappear once again"

As the young lord spoke, a snapping sound echoed as the his face suddenly formed a bloody line of crack. After the first one appeared, more crack spread out like branch covering the young lord face and entire body in a blink of an eyes.

The sky rumbled once again and a sense of sorrow spread out between heaven and earth.

Steward xie and the other demon beast face changed seeing this. Their heart were alarmed. For steward xie, he was worried and anxious that the young lord was severely injured in some way. But for the demon beast, it was completely different. They were terrified.

The last time this kind of thing happened they were almost killed. Was it going to happen again? No body want to go through that once again.

All this seemed weird to them. The young lord seemed to be talking to the sky but they could not hear anything. Only for time to time, there seems to be a change on the air. Yet now the young lord face suddenly cracked? What the heck.

Sensing the sorrowful feeling spreading out in the sky. The young lord smiled. He took a deep breath.

"It may be just a small piece of my broken soul, but it is still too much for this body to support. Even when I was slumbering I still affected the new soul growth and mentality and now that I m awake, before long this body would shatter to piece."

"But don't fell bad. This does not mean that all your effort was useless. This gamble of yours you made, lead to this moment. My soul was shattered and scattered but my will still existed. You used this and my broken soul as the basis in other to birth an new soul. A soul that could have a trace of my will within it. Even if it is not completely me, there is still a chance for a peerless hero to be born. That is what you wanted, what you hoped for, isn't it"

The sorrowful feeling in the sky did not disperse but became even more heavy. But the young lord eyes was shining at this moment.

"If that is the case then i will make sure that your effort did not go to waste. I can feel my soul weaken, my will is also waning. I would not last long in this world. After that, the new soul of this body could finally awaken fully while I on the other hand would slowly disappear" The young lord voice was firm. There was no hint of sadness in the thought that he would die.

Truthfully, he could still live longer if he wanted to. He could just suppress the previous young Lord soul inside in or just swallow it. His broken soul was the base of the new soul to begin with. Or to be more precise, his soul imprint was used to form new soul.

"My time has already passed. How long has it been since that day? Ten thousand years?Maybe a hundred thousand years, a million? Or maybe even more?" The young lord shook his head." I head my chance, I failed. I was not strong enough. I will leave the latter generation a chance to shine too. After all. In some way, this new soul, is still a part of me"

The young lord breathed in. He then tuned his gaze and looked in a direction of the forest. His eyes sharp like sword, piercing through the air.

"But before that, I still need to take care of a few little things" with a cold glare of the young lord, a tyrannical divine sense suddenly rushed forth from a distant location far from the forest and swept through this area of the forest.

This divine sense was full of oppression and overbearing power as if to make the world kneel in its presence. The sensation of this power caused the blood of every being it passed through to freeze as of the hand of death was right on top of the head.

This kind of power was enough to show that the owner of that divine sense was so strong that even from such a long distance, he could still cause the world to tremble. However as the divine sense swept through and passed the body of every one, it seemed to passe through an invisible power that concealed everyone within it. The divine sense could not actually detect anything around the young Lord.

At the same time, after the first divine appeared, more divine senses came from differents direction and swept through the location of the young. Each of these divine senses were fierce and strong even if they could not match to the first one as they carefully avoided it.

Similarly, these divine sense swept through the area yet could not find anything except for a crimson sky. The ground that was broken and shifted up side down appeared completely normal in theirs perception. After a moment the differents divine senses receded and disappeared.

The first divine sense continued to swept through for some time but after still not finding anything strange, it slowly disappeared too.

The young lord continued to stare at the distance, from where came the strong divine sense with a calm face before turning his gaze in circle as if to look around the world. His expressions easy and calm even after feeling these terrifying powers.

After staring for some time, the young lord finally gazed down at the three demons beasts crouched on the ground.

As soon as he looked at them, the three demons trembled and felt their heart skip a beat. Fear and terror covered their body. It seemed as if just the eyes of the young lord was able to affect their bodies and soul.

The three demons beast growled weakly as they felt a heavy pressure falling on their bodies. The young lord in front of them looked small and weak yet seemed to represented the heaven itself.

Why did they have to come across such an anomaly? The three demons beasts cried inside theirs hearts.

A strong gust of wind blow out suddenly, forming a long whip that slammed toward a location in the forest.

Boom...

A bang resounded in the air. The surrounding trees were easily slashed to countless pieces. A could of dust spread to cover the air before slowly dispersing. At the same moment, a disheveled figure rushed out of the dust.

The figure's face was pale and covered with sweat. His breathing was rapid as he stared at the young lord with an ugly expression.

It was actually the leader of assassin. He was still hiding but now, the young lord forced in out. The leader's heart was beating fast. After everything he witnessed, he did not want to have any contact with this group of people. But did he have a choice?

The leader's face was ugly but as he looked at the young lord staring at him, his eyes flashed a little. He slowly calmed his breathing before taking a step forward.

"Tang xian greets senior" the leader cupped his right fist as he respectfully bowed toward the young lord.

3