Chapter 25: Scary woman
74 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The temperature inside the room dropped instantly. Everyone felt goosebumps all over their bodies. All the hairs were raised vertically.

Everyone present inside the room felt restless at that moment. The sudden feeling of restleness came so fast that no one was able to react.

There was no killing intent, no breath or aura. They could not even sense anything dangerous around them yet everyone felt theirs heartbeats accelerating.

Just a feeling, but that inexplicable feeling was so strong that they could breath it in the air.

The guards behind the woman were all looking around restlessly. Everuone of them had theirs hands around theirs swords, ready to fight at any moment. The guards had mostly their eyes fixed on the group of black robed people behind young master Huang. Even though they could not tell were this feeling of uneasiness was coming from, the group of back robed people in front of them were the danger they could see right in front of them.

But the group of back robed people were not any different at the moment. Even with theirs cold dispositions and chilling aura, they were also nervously on theirs guard. They could not just ignore this felling that covered their entire body.

Even the old man that seemed to care for nothing in the world already rose to his feet at the moment. With his higher cultivation, he was able to sense this strange felling even more than the other present.

The old man eyes were fixed on fairy Zhu as everyone inside the room were reacting to this strange felling instinctively, except for her.

She still sat in her seat. Her expression unchanged as she looked at young master Huang with a calm gaze. However these eyes seemed to emit some kind of heavy pressure that the old man could not understand.

Without realising it, everyone was sweating all over their bodies. The sense of imminent danger was getting stronger. The room was filled with the sound of heavy breathing like caged beasts.

Young master Huang stared at fairy Zhu. The smile on his lips already disappeared. His forehead was dripping with could sweat. His back felt like a cold wind was blowing, making him tremble. His heart was beating fiercely.

There was only one thought in the mind of young master Huang and the old man at the moment.

"What a scary lady"

There was no doubt about it in their heart that she was the source of the strange pressure their were feeling. Even though she looked the same and no aura was emanating from her body. Every inches of their bodies screamed at them that she was the culprit.

The heaviness that her eyes were projecting and her calmness made it hard for them to think otherwise.

Right at this moment, young master Huang face changed dramatically. His eyes turned dark as a sombre expression filled his face. His breathing also accelerated. His gaze on fairy Zhu widened.

For some reason, young master Huang felt a intense feeling of death covering his body. A small, smooth and gentle hand seemed to softly Caresse his heart.

This feeling was so real that young master Huang was sure that this was not simply his imagination. He could feel the smooth touch like the hand of a lover yet this gentle Caresse was filled with a terrible sense of death.

That invisible hand felt like it could easily crash his heart with a little squeeze.

Young master Huang was breathing heavily, his eyes were bleak and depressed. Right now, he did not seem to have the control of his own life, and when he looked at fairy Zhu, there was a hint of horror in his eyes.

The old man noticed the change in young master Huang. He frowned a little as he looked at young master Huang. But after seeing the hint of horror in the eyes of young master Huang as he looked at fairy Zhu, the old man face also changed yet did not really know what to do in this situation.

The old man heart felt cold and also anxious. Looking closely, the old man found out that he could actually not see fairy Zhu cultivation.

Thinking about what this could mean, the old man face was getting even more uglier.

Yet at this time, the strange feeling that invaded everyone heart suddenly disappeared. In a blink of a eye, everything returned to normal.

Young master Huang gasped for breath and painfully held his chest. To this moment, fairy Zhu still sat calmly at her seat without making any movement. Only her calm eyes was fixed on young master Huang.

After a moment au pause, fairy Zhu reached out to the tea cup in front of her for the first time. Her movement slow and gentle.

However the moment she moved her hand, young master Huang instinctively tensed up on his seat. His heart was banging against his chest but after watching her for a moment, young master Huang' heart slowly calmed down.

Fairy Zhu gently raised the white veil covering her face slightly, only enough to allow herself to take a sip of her tea while showing her smooth and slim lips for a fraction of a second in the process before covering herself.

Her action attracted everyone's attention once again. Even young master Huang whose eyes were fillefmd with coldness could not help but throw a glance, trying to catch a glimpse of the beauty behind the veil.

Just these smooth lips and small mouth were enough to make his heart skip a beat and want for more, but when he thought about what just happened a moment ego, Young master Huang did not even dare to think about it. This woman is a thorny and poisonous flower.

Young master Huang swallowed hard. His eyes flashed with sharp light. His expression became cold and detached. The gaze with which he was looking at her now was completely different.

There was no more doubt in his mind now that this woman was not like the others people of the the nine kingdom territory.

As one of the young master of the nine stars hall, he had always been pride and confident in front of the cultivators and power of this remote place. He had always looked down on them. Except for a number of outsiders big power like them that have rooted themselves in this part of backwater world, he did not put anyone else in his eyes.

Yet right now he had realised how wrong his thinking was. This woman was known around by everyone in the part of the mortal world, but what he learned of her today was nothing of what is knownn.

Her trip here today to see him could be said to for showing her prestige. She exposed herself actually only to warn him agains targeting that stupid young lord of the Xie clan.

Thinking of the favor he promised xie fan, young master Huang heart felt depressed for a moment. He just agreed to take out a little trash yet he came around this trouble.

Fairy Zhu took a sip then put down the cup on the table. Her action natural as if she did not see the change around her. She seemed more like she did not even care.

After savoring the tea, the fragrance spread out once again inside the room, she closed her eyes and remained still for a time before once again opening her eyes. She looked at young master Huang lightly, a gentle chuckle escaped her lips.

"I see. It really is unfortunate. If it is really too late as young master Huang said, then it can't be helped"

Young master Huang eyes narrowed. He did not say anything but stared at fairy Zhu. Would she just give up like that after going through all these troubles?

"Sometimes, what appear in the eyes of the world is not necessarily the real deal. Some water may look still and small, but only after diving in would one know how deep it actually is" fairy Zhu said lightly, her eyes seemed to glow with sharp light.

At the same time, the previous sensation once again invaded Young master Huang. His heart felt like caressed gently, but this gentle hand had sharp claws that stabbed his heart like sword.

This time, young master Huang did not panic but stared straight at fairy Zhu's eyes. His expression cold. He did not like this feeling of being threatened right in his face.

"How deep the water is? I would also like to know just how deep it is. I have never feared any challenge. My nine stars hall have never been scared of anyone either." Young master Huang said coldly

"I stand true in my action. Whether things are what they seems to be or not, I will not retreat because of anyone. I will always be here in my nine stars hall waiting. Furthermore, cutting off some useless weed on the street, no one will care for it or even notice." young master Huang tone was strong and confident.

Fairy Zhu stayed silent for a moment. She looked calmly at young master Huang confidence. As if the world was under his feet.

"I see. I do not know what plan the nine stars hall have for the Xie clan or whatever Xie fan had promised you. But I really do hope that it is worth it. There are things in this world that is best left untouched." Fairy Zhu said lightly while standing up.

Fairy Zhu gave young master Huang a profound look.

"I believe that the nine stars hall is strong. But you are definitely not the first in the world. Young master Huang must think carefully."

After saying this, fairy Zhu gently saluted Young master Huang with a slight bow.

"The little girl will take her leave now. "

Young master Huang looked at fairy Zhu silently. With everything that happened, he would be unworthy to be a young master of the nine stars hall if he can't still tell that this woman in front of him was not someone he could take lightly.

She definitely had.a hidden background that many did not know. And for someone like her to appear and even choose to expose herself just to preserve a single Individual, one can tell that that person would not be any ordinary.

But thinking about the stupid young lord of the Xie clan who turned out to be the reason why fairy Zhu took so match trouble for, young master Huang could not help but twitch. He could not picture out that young man to have any kind of hidden background.

Taking a deep breath, young master Huang also stood up.

"Then I would not retain fairy Zhu either. This time i have learned many things from you. And also, do give my regard to master chen for the gift this time."

"Maybe in the coming days, I would pay the world first tea pavilion a visit and taste more of your famous tea"

"My world first tea pavilion is always open for young master Huang at any time. And I believe my master would be pleased to see you"

Young master Huang nodded lightly

"My subordinate will lead you out"

Young master Huang glanced at the side towards the group of black robed man and made a head gesture.

One of the black robed man stepped out and walked towards fairy Zhu without word.

Fairy Zhu glanced at the man lightly before nodding gently

"Then, until we meet again, Young master Huang."

Fairy Zhu turned and headed out as she walked toward the door, following the black robe man. Fairy Zhu personal guards also followed behind cautiously without a word.

Young master Huang eyes narrowed. He silently looked at the back of fairy Zhu as she was leaving. His eyes focused, light flashing though them. Countless thought were flashing in his mind.

At this moment, the old man that was sitting at the side was standing beside young master Huang. His old eyes also fixed on her.

The old man took a deep breath as he prepared to speak, yet right at that moment, suddenly a thunderous booming sound reverberated through out the world.

Booommmm

The thunderous sound came suddenly, the world shook. The entire room trembled as if it will collapse at any moment.

Without any time to react, everyone face suddenly changed, the spiritual qi inside their body started boiling and running out of control.

Feeling this change, the guard behind fairy Zhu drew their sword and pointed at the young master Huang and the group of back robed man behind him instinctively.

They seemed ready to attack but before they could make any move, fairy Zhu voice sounded in theirs ears.

"Stop." Fairy Zhu shouted.

The group of guard paused and looked at fairy Zhu.

"Calm down and rotate your spirit qi. Fast" fairy voice had a hint of urgency on it as she shouted loudly.

The guards were surprised and hesitated for a moment. They stared at the group of black robed man and noticed that they were circulating their spirit qi as well. Even Young master Huang and the old man in the back were doing the same thing. The guard did not waste anymore time and obeyed the order. They rapidly rotated their spirit qi but actually find it difficult.

The spirit qi was running wild as if they have lost control. They could not easily operated it and the riot inside their body caused their face to turned ugly. But the still insisted.

Puffff....

One of the guards could not bear it and spat out a mouthful of blood. His face turned pale and weak as he stumbled backwards with heavy step.

A small hand gently fell on his back, stabilizing the guard and preventing him from falling down.

"Go one, circulate your spirit qi again. I will help you." Fairy Zhu said faintly. Her hand supporting the guard from the back while at the same time transferring a stream of power.

The guard coughed then concentrated on rotating his spirit qi. Soon, his face relaxed and recovered some colors.

Fairy Zhu breathed out gently, then strong light shot out of her eyes. She took a single step, her body flickered as she disappeared and her figure already reappeared in front of the door before heading out.

The old man eyes in the back turned wide.

So fast.

Putting that aside, he was also forced to circulate and calm the sudden boiling of his spirit qi like everyone else. Even if it was only for a moment, Yet fairy Zhu did not seem to be much troubled.

The old man shared a glance with young master Huang as they saw the seriousness on each other's eyes.

"Let's got out first and see what is going on" young master Huang took a deep breath. He also calmed doing his rampaging spirit qi and stormed out. The old man followed behind. 

3