Chapter 10: The Promise that Fall Apart (Part 1)
60 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Rianna was still young, Rianna and Melina was playing in the village forest, Melina was her only friend because the other kids saw her as a cold person when she started to get angry but the truth is she's only cautious, they see her as the same trough the following years.

10 years before the tragedy.

Meline: Princess?

Rianna: Please don't call me Princess it's embarrassing to see my friend calling me like that.

Melina: Do you think this village will get better?

Rianna: I can be, I will ask father to help your village.

Melina: But what if he didn't listen?

Rianna: Then we will do it on our own.

Melina: You promise?

Rianna: I promise.

Melina: My mother and father are selling bead, do you want to try one?

Rianna: Sure! I'm getting bored on eating some very royalty food.

Melina: I'm sure you're gonna love it! 

They got home and Melina's mother was making dough why her father was baking.

Mother: Oh you two are here, would you like some bread, princess?

Rianna: Call me Rianna please, it's embarrassing to call me princess from an adult.

Mother: Okay then Rianna do you like some bread?

Rianna: Can I please?

Mother: Sure.

Melina's mother gave a loaf of bread to Rianna, she take a bite and loved it.

Rianna: I never know that this bread would be this delicous. Can you teach me how to do it?

Mother: Well I prefer my daughter to teach you, she's way better at making bread than us. I'll leave the ingredients here.

They sit on a chair and at the table are the ingredients that they need, they started by doing the dough.

Melina: First you need to put water.

Step by step Rianna was able to remember all the steps that Melina taught.

Melina: Then massage the dough until the whole powder is all gone, the taste of the bread will based on how you treat and massage it.

Rianna: Grr... my hands are stiff...

Melina: Well you'll get used to it.

9 years before the tragedy.

When Rianna was in the castle studying, she looked the widow where she can see the village where Melina lived, she saw a dragon nearby the village, it looks like it was about to go to the village, Rianna run out of her room and said it to his father.

Rinna: Father a dragon!

King: Where?!

Rianna: A the village hurry!

Rianna walk up the watch tower along with his father to she it, the king saw the dragon, it was a wild one eating sheep and cows, a man riding  a horse arrived from the castle.

Man: Your majesty, our village and live stocks are in a big threat of a wild dragon please help us!

King: Bring four mages and guard them tightly, we need to either flee or kill it. We must not let that dragon make anymore damage!

Knights, Mages, Archers and even the king himself charge towards the village to attack the dragon, in the end the dragon flee after an arrow shot on its eye, the village was destroyed but some houses are burning, the other day Rianna visited Melina's house, she saw that their house was burned, the kitchen is not burned but the rooftop and bedroom was near charcoal.

Rianna: Melina!

Knight: Wait Princess!

Melina: Rianna?

Rianna: I'm glad you're all safe.

Melina: Of course we are, we got away before the dragon landed... But... Our house is almost destroyed.

Rianna: I'm sorry that your house got burned, I should've said it faster.

Melina: It's okay everyone have their mistakes and it's not you fault at all.

Rianna: What are you going to do now?

Father: It's just a piece of cake, we can fix it all in just a day if we all work together.

Mother: We just need a little patience for building courage to build the strength.

Father: One house after another.

Melina: You can help us if you like?

Rianna: Can?

Knight: Princess you can't help them you may stain or mess your dress.

Father: No worries...

Mother: We have our building clothes, we made a spare clothes for Melina but I think it will fit you.

Knight: Princess...

Rianna: Let me be... I want to help.

Rianna changes clothes and started working, they started fixing the insides first and next is the roof, Rianna struggles from climbing up the ladder but she still managed to get up, after fixing their house they help the other to fix their house. They build the burned houses for a whole day, Rianna goes back at the castle all dirty and she's still wearing the clothes that Meina's family give.

King: My lovely daughter what happened to you?

Rianna: I helped my friend build the village houses.

King: .... *Sigh* I think helping others is a good will and a reasonable thing, but you should clean yourself I don't want you to get sick.

Rianna cleaned the clothes and keep it beside her in the bed even if the butlers pleased, the other day Rianna came back at the village to give the clothes back.

Melina: No you can keep it.

Rianna: But it was for you.

Melina: It sure fits me but I didn't mean that I need a spare one, you can keep it in case that you like to help us again.

Rianna: I'd like to help all of you.

Melina: Even greater.

Mother: You're part of this family after all, you look like my daughter too than a princess of a king.

Father: Feel free to visit every time you want.

Rianna felt very happy, she hugged Melina and her parents tightly as she shed some tears of joy. Rianna visited everyday to play, help them make dough and breads and even sell it, but the other kids didn't get near her because they see her as cold and brutal girl, but Melina didn't saw like that, she helped Rianna to talk with other people but mostly adults only talk with her.

It was was fun and peaceful on the next two years until this happen.

 

1