Chapter 11: The Promise that Fall Apart (Part 2)
55 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

6 years before the tragedy...

In the middle of the winter frost Elemental fairies started to frost the place with hardened ice, the village wizard, mages and all kinds of magic users started to cast heat related magic to melt the ice while the others cast some imprisoning shield to take away the fairies from the village. Nothing was destroyed but lots of live stocks died from cold. The summer came and the place was all back to normal.

5 years before the tragedy...

Melina got sick in the middle of a winter, Rianna wants to help so he ride on a carriage even if his father was asking her to not go.

They were near the villge when suddenly.

Rianna: Wait! 

The carriage stopped, Rianna saw something moving close to her, she stopped but she didn't know if the one that was coming was dangerous, a head of a frost fox with two tails lift its head from the thick snow, has black eyes. The fox and Rianna made an eye contact with it, the fox tilt its head as it looks at her, it jumped up the carriage as it looks at her, the knight behind her was about to draw its sword but Rianna gave a sign of "don't", the fox jumped to her lap and sleep. Rianna calmed down and continued to go to the village, she touched the fox and it wasn't cold even if she's called as a frost fox. The fox climbed to her neck behind and wrap it with its furry tail.

They arrived at Melina's house, her mother was putting a warm towel to her head as she lay at the bed, her father was boiling some water.

Mother: She's going to be alright, she's just having a fever, why this season.

Rianna walk towards Melina, she holds her hand and it was shaking.

Melina: C-Cold  so cold...

The fox jumped down at Rianna and sniffed Melina's hand.

Fox: *Sniff sniff*...

The fox jumped down the bed and started to sniff around looking for something, it jumped down the bedroom and head to the kitchen where Melina's father was boiling water.

Father: What is it little fella?

The fox goes closer at the stove and trying to reach a burning firewood.

Father: Easy there you might burn yourself... here.

He gave a heating but not burning wood, the fox sniffed it but it suddenly started to bite, chew and swallow the burning parts.

Father: Hey that's not edible!

The fox coughs and chokes but it keeps swallowing what it ate, Rianna saw the fox's head was changing from blue to gray to black all the way to the tip of the tail.

Rianna: What happened?

Father: I don't know myself.

The fox started to sniff again and jumped his way back to the bedroom where Melina is. The fox jumped up the bed and sniffs her nose, it sit at her chest and the fur began to glow orange, the created ice from the window was melting and the room become much warm.

Rianna: What are you?

The fox look at her when Rianna walk towards the fox, she touched the head and it didn't burn her hands but only feel the warm, the fox began to sleep at Melina's chest as it warms her, Melina stopped shaking from the cold and calmly breathe.

Father: Well say... That fox was helpful than to be a trouble maker, I wonder what happen to her family.

Rianna: Family?

Father: An Elemental Fox has a pack whenever it changes place or hunting, you can see it when you see one, but I never see a fox all alone with you. Where did you found it?

Rianna: I found it in the middle of the way, it just go to me by its own and sleep so I keep him.

Mother: I think he is a girl.

Rianna: Oh sorry.

Father: Hmm... It's hard to say but I think that his family must'v been hunt down by wolves, it's very common because wolves are more capable to hunt food during winter, I think it's better if you take care of it until the summer comes.

Rianna stayed from Melinas's house until she was able to open her eyes, the knights outside shifts day ad knight just to secure the princess until the summer arrived.

4 years before the tragedy...

Rianna started to learn how to use swords as self defense as she pet the fox because it didn't go away even if she spook it away.

3 years before the tragedy...

She does her first hunt and her first fight against a wolf. She turned into an strong and clever girl, she learned hand to fight with no weapons.

She visited Melina during the night, fireflies was flying in the dark night making the place bright, with the help of the fireflies she saw Melina was picking flowers, her appearance was like a fairy of the night as she pick some flowers during the night.

Rainna: Melina!

Melina: Oh Prin- Rianna! Why are you here?

Rianna: I'm the one who should be asking why are you here in the middle of the night?

Melina: Picking flowers for the flower pot that I just made. Wanna see?

Rainna: Sure.

Rianna visited them but she was no longer wearing any dress and now an armor, she helped Melina's family to make a wedding cake.

2 years left...

Melina and Rianna came back at the forest where they first met and play.

Melina: Rianna?

Rianna: Yes?

Melina: I was thinking...

Rianna: What is it?

Melina: When you became the new Queen, will you help us make this village better?

Rianna: Of course! I will make this village the best village in the world!

Melina: I didn't mean like that... I just want to make this village safe.

Rianna: Well grip tight and be strong, we will be there as soon as I became the new Queen.

Melina: Really?

Rianna: But I have one problem... I will be gone for a year because I need to look for something, it looks like we're not going to see each other for a year... Are you alright with that?

Melina: Of course I am, we're friends.

Rianna: ... Thanks Melina...

Melina: For what?

Rainna: For being my best and only friend...

Melna: Well you just have to pull your strength and determination to have friends, for sure when you came back we will greet you along with all the people in this village with an open heart.

Rianna cried as she hugged Melina.

The next year... Rianna with her trusted Royal Knight explored a place where she can find a rare flower that was known for it's beauty and smell, it takes weeks just to get there and it takes them months after they found it, but after she found the flower, she takes her day reading and training outside to learn more about combat, flexibility, durability, agility and speed, after a hard training alone, she came back with the flower but they will pass the new year before they were able to get home.

The year of the tragedy...

She didn't go straight home but instead she go to the village before Melina's village and there she saw Jhon that looks like a Village Guard.

1