24: Surrender or die
77 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After some time, Scott finally managed to appease Alex with promises that there were surely more high tech items to steal in the base.

'Sir, don't worry. Let's first take this Gene Enhancement Fluid, then we can continue searching the base,' Scott assured him. Alex reluctantly listened to him and opened the glass cabinet, removing the glass tube.

BBBRRRRPPP

A loud alarm filled the base and red lights began blinking everywhere.

'You bastard! You tricked me!' Alex yelled.

Scott wanted to cry because he really didn't think they would have sensors on a simple, unlocked glass cabinet like this. 'Sir, now is not the time to quibble. We must escape the base as soon as possible or hundreds of soldiers will be upon us any minute.'

Alex knew he was right. He used a seal card on the glass tube so it wouldn't break while he ran around and then put it away. He ran out of the room. He was preparing to run back to where he entered from but then saw 10 armed soldiers coming from that direction.

'Damn!' Alex began running the other way, hoping to find another exit. Who knew how many armed soldiers were watching the elevator at this point. Even if he reached it, after it opened above, he would probably be shot into a sieve. As he ran, he heard the sounds of more and more soldiers coming from behind. Some distance later, his path was blocked. More armed soldiers were now running in his direction, blocking him from both sides.

'Damn Illuminati henchmen, you forced me! Smash you with gold!' The soldiers ahead were instantly pulverized. He used another Seal card to clear the hallway and continued forward. A couple of minutes later, more soldiers came in his direction. 'Smash you with gold!' He cleared the hallway again. 'Smash you with gold!' 'Smash you with gold!' New soldiers kept coming and the pattern repeated.

Meanwhile, in another part of the base, a soldier hurriedly ran into a large training room. Inside stood various exercise equipment, punching bags, and numerous high tech measurement devices. A man was currently training in the center.

*WOOSH* *WOOSH* *WOOSH*

As the soldier struggled to catch his breath, he took a look at the man. Short dark, red hair that seemed as if it was dyed in blood. His powerful muscles glowed under the light. He was using some kind of weapon but it moved so fast, the soldier couldn't even see what it was.

"Sir! There's an emergency!" the soldier shouted. When the man heard him, he stopped training and turned around a moment later. The weapon seemed to have vanished into thin air. The soldier did not see where it went at all.

"Report!" the red haired man announced.

"Sir, there's an intruder in Section A of the underground complex. Infrared cameras have identified that he is using some kind of stealth technology. He also has space technology that is extremely deadly in the confines of the underground space. Many of our soldiers have already been killed." Alex's luck wasn't as good this time. His invisibility wasn't perfect, after all.

Hearing that, the red haired man walked over to the wall, picked up his military jacket, and calmly put it on. 'What a rare opportunity...I haven't confronted an enemy chosen in a long time...' the man thought as a small smile crept up his lips.

"Order all the soldiers to back off. Begin locking the compartments blocking his retreat and herd him into the open hangar of section B. That's where I'll be waiting for him." Finished speaking, the man casually walked outside, as if everything was completely in his control.

Alex continued to randomly run around the underground halls, looking for signs of an exit. He had already smashed many groups of soldiers, but as he went further, it seemed they were thinning out. He wasn't sure of his direction as these tunnels did not all move in straight lines. Moving deeper inside, he began to find locked doors which reduced the number of paths he could take.

'They're either running out of soldiers, which I doubt, or someone has ordered the soldiers to pull back...' Alex's mind was trying to analyze the situation and the best way out of this mess. 'I need to find an exit soon. The longer I stay here, the worse things will get for me.' As if fate heard his plea, he soon arrived at a door that led into the largest space he had seen in this facility.

It was a massive underground aircraft hangar, full of many models of large aircraft and servicing machinery. The technology looked to be more advanced than anything Alex had seen in military movies or videogames. There were only two entrances: the one Alex came from and one far away on the other side of the area. Just as Alex prepared to cross to the other entrance, he heard a sound behind him.

WWWEEMMMMMDUU

The entrance where he came from was now completely shut. A metal gate had descended from the ceiling, closing off his escape.

TAP TAP TAP TAP

From the opposite entrance, the slow sound of footsteps approached. A man appeared in a green, military uniform. His red hair sharply contrasted from the unicolored metallic walls of the hangar. Hanging from one arm was what appeared to be a massive rifle, looking like something out of a sci-fi movie. After walking some distance, the man stopped.

"Will you be surrendering for torture or simply dying today?"

4