32: Fighting Dracula
69 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alex learned that Pierre was a picky eater, but he wasn't planning to buy the expensive food.

Now that the killing had started, he didn't have much time. The smell of blood would eventually attract other vampires here. These vampires didn't seem like the type to negotiate, so it was better to attack while he had the upper hand.

Alex went through the passage that the vampires had guarded. He moved forward steadily, keeping Vampy some distance behind him. He knew the smart move was probably to behead Vampy, but he'd taken him on a long walk, and Alex easily bonded with pets. He believed Vampy felt the same way for his master.

The two skulked along. Occasionally, Alex stopped to ask Pierre for directions to the main chamber of the vampires. From time to time, they ran into one or two guards that were quickly dispatched by invisible sneak attacks. The world trembled under the power of a veteran MGS and Assassin's Creed player.

A long distance and a dozen bodies later, Alex was gazing at a particularly large doorway. Down the hallway, there stood two tall, heavy-looking wooden doors lined in iron. They were closely guarded by two particularly fierce-looking vampire guards. They were bulkier and stood with a stoic, soldier-like posture.

'These guys look tough. I won't get two swings in before they react. I could kill one, but the other will make significant noise, alerting whoever is in the chamber. There's no way I could take both out silently at the same time...'

A few seconds later, Alex came up with several plans and put them into motion. First, he led Vampy back until they were a good distance from the guards. He took out some zip ties to bind his legs, but when realizing they weren't long enough, it was time for the backup plan.

*BONK*

Pierre was unconscious again. 'Sorry, buddy. Sometimes you need tough love,' Alex made an internal promise to get him a nice toy later to make up for this. Then he returned towards the guards and started his plan.

...

*Ptt*

The two guards glanced over to the corner of the hallway where the sound came from. "I'll check it out." One of them walked over into the distance while the other continued guarding the door.

Several minutes later, the guard who stayed back began to feel nervous because his buddy hadn't come back yet.

*Fwoosh*

That's when the world started to spin. Trying hard to make out what was happening, he only managed to discern that he was looking at someone. 'Who would wear such a stupid looking jacket?' Then he recognized the rest of the outfit and that the body was headless. '...Damn...that's my jacket.' Multi-level regret. That was his last thought.

Alex caught the body before it crashed on the ground and laid it down gently. He looked at the thick, solemn doors as he tightened his grip on Balisarda. It was time for the boss fight.

*Knock* *Knock*

...

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

...

The man on the throne had already smelled the blood pooling outside the entrance. Now this attacker was knocking. Did he really expect him to say "Who's there?"

*CREEEAAAKKKK*

The doors slowly swung open. The man on the throne lifted his head in slow indifference. His eyes lightly scanned the area...nothing. He continued watching the door for a minute, before leaning his head back down.

Sigh...'Troublesome.' Suddenly, the hair on his neck stood up as he rapidly ducked down and dived forward.

*Fwoosh* *Clunk*

A sudden feeling of danger saved him. The stone throne behind him was chipped, seemingly out of thin air.

*Hiss*

"Who are you?" The man spoke to an empty room. A response arrived shortly.

*Fwoosh*

He swerved his upper body backward, as a thin line of blood appeared on his left cheek from a fine cut.

With a slightly uncaring tone, the man spoke. "Are you from the Chiva family? Have you finally no more use for this dog?" The man smiled bitterly as he looked around, the small cut on his face healing instantly. Still no answer. Abruptly, a red sword extended outwards of the man's right hand, inch by inch, until his hand wielded the weapon by its hilt. It was a bastard sword made entirely of blood.

"...If you won't even give me the dignity of a response, then don't blame me for biting your hand!" His eyes turned blood red as the candles in the room flickered and went out."

'This guy's speed and reactions are no joke...' Alex realized this fight was tricky. Luckily, he still had the night vision goggles so at least the darkness wasn't an issue. He watched as the man stood motionless, his black long hair and clothes now blending seamlessly into the darkness.

'What's he doing?' Alex wondered as he took a step forward.

*Fwoosh*

The man suddenly disappeared. This time it was his turn to feel his hair stand up. Instinctually, he rolled to the right.

*Clank*

Alex glanced to see a deep gash drawn out in the stone wall where he previously stood, much larger than the one he made on the throne earlier.

*Fwoosh*

He rolled to the right again. A slash appeared in the ground where he was just crouching. 'This isn't good. I think his senses have become sharper in the darkness.' Alex knew he had to get out of this room, but that was easier said than done.

*Clank*

He didn't even have time to dodge. He barely managed to block the attack with his sword, sending him stumbling backward. He realized he was much weaker and slower than his opponent. The man wasn't a summoned General either, so running in circles to delay wasn't an option. Still, he tried his best to make it out to the hallway.

*Clank* *Clank* *Clank*

Attacks came faster and faster. Alex tried to minimize his presence and the noise he was making but the opponent didn't give him any space to breathe. Bloody cuts accumulated from hits he couldn't fully block. Alex wasn't a trained swordsman after all. All he could do now was hold Balisarda in front of him and instinctually react, avoiding serious wounds.

He was still alive for one reason. He was invisible. The man couldn't see where his sword and vitals were. But with each step he took towards the hallway, he encountered more and more danger.

*Clank*

Balisarda was knocked aside. He watched in horror as a blood-red slash approached his neck. His sword wouldn't make it to block. No time to dodge either.

His nose was assaulted by a stench of iron.

'Game over,' he thought.

3