34: Author’s Letter 1
64 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello everyone,

 

Reading through my earlier chapters, I realized there was something missing in them. I couldn't put my finger on it so I started thinking.

Going through my outline, I realized my plan for this story's plot is very grand, ambitious even. There will be a lot of fascinating mythology and adventure to come. I believe that in the future, you'll be surprised just how deep and complex the mythos will become. This last chapter starts to touch on some of that, but it's going to take a while to get there.

In contrast, the tone has been very comedic, which makes it much more fun to write for me. However, I think that as a reader, the humor has perhaps made the story feel a bit lighter than I intended. Upon that realization, a normal author might tone down the humor, but...I'm insane. I also like trolling and torturing my characters. So instead, I came up with an alternative idea.

I went back and added short quotes at the top of some chapters which I hope will flesh out some of the mythology aspects, giving them a little more weight. Nothing in the plot has changed. Ideally, it will just make certain aspects more thoughtful and meaningful. If you like, you can go back and read the additions. From now on, when I feel it's appropriate, I'll be adding these kinds of quotes from relevant sources including religious scripture, ancient poetry/documents, or in the case of science fiction--experts in the field.

If the quotes don't work for you, please let me know in the comments as I value your opinions. This arc is going to stay in Europe for a while as the scope of the world broadens. If any of you have a proclivity for detective work, I don't mind letting you know that there will be breadcrumbs all over the story, hinting at and connecting many things. So bust out your magnifying glasses if that gets you off.

However, it's perfectly fine to read the story as casually as you wish. The story has layers, but so does lasagna, and you don't need to eat the whole thing at once big boi. I hope you'll continue to enjoy the story.

 

Alex bless you,

- Samsara


P.S. Putting this as chapter 34 due to an issue on other platforms. Just ignore it.

 

3