Chapter 3 – It Begins
392 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Early the next morning, Tommy and his team gathered with the other shooting competitors to be bused to the shooting venue. 

There was already rumors of another dead body, but Tommy was in no mood to find out more.

"Are you alright Tommy?" Andy asked

"Yeah. I just want this over with and we can go home" Tommy said

"You don't intend to bomb out on purpose are you?" Andy looked concerned. 

"No way. I'll win my events, don't worry. But I'm not eager to stay any longer than I have to" Tommy said

Andy nodded and pat him on the shoulder. 

The team arrived at the venue and to their surprise, they could see the main stadium and the Olympic village from the distance. Their venue was probably less than 20 km away and as it was on a hill, they could view it from afar. 

The event started without a hitch even though Tommy could hear the sirens of police and ambulances rushing towards the Olympic Village. 

Tommy blasted through his first event, the 25m rapid fire pistol event with unnerving accuracy and speed.

His natural talent shone brightly and his trick shooting instincts came back naturally as he automatically twirled his pistol after the end of each of his shooting displays. 

His competitors were not to pleased with him showing off and Andy had to reign back the showboating a bit. 

"Sorry. It just came naturally" Tommy apologies. 

"It's ok. Just win. The competition are just not happy with you blowing everyone away so effortlessly Lone Ranger" Tony said. 

Tommy smiled. Tony has always teased him by calling him Lone Ranger since his last name was Ranger, and he was quite the loner, being the only one not in the military. 

Andy, Tony and Susan did well for themselves too, also making it to the next round in their pistol events.

Making it through the preliminary rounds easily, Tommy prepared for the shotgun skeet and trap events. 

He blasted his way though the trap event easily too and again he started twirling his shotgun as he reloaded his weapon.

"Hey! No twirling weapon" the Japanese judge warned

"Sorry" Tommy smiled and blasted through the next few rounds, making it to the next round.

Tommy sat with Andy, Tommy and Susan to watch Angela in her trap event.

The shooting events are normally pretty quiet, and the audience only claps or cheers after the contestant shoots, like in golf.

However, there seemed to be some sort of disturbance at the entrance of the stadium as at first there seemed to be a scuffle happening, then shouts and screams as the everyone's attention was diverted to the commotion at the gate. 

Angela stopped and looked and missed her shot as more and more security was running towards the gate to block what looked like an influx of spectators running rampant. 

"Looks like shooting is quite popular here. There might be a stampede" Tony muttered

"I don't think those are fans" Andy frowned. 

Suddenly, one of the trouble makers jumped over the gate and dashed in running towards Angela who was in front of everyone. 

"He's... he's crazed!" Andy said as a security officer tried to stop the man.

The man's eyes were bleeding as were his teeth and nose. He jumped on the security officer and bit his throat, instantly chomping a large bite out of his neck. 

The gate collapsed and tens of people with a similar looking condition started chomping down on the security guards and event organizers.  The security guard screamed as blood gushed out of his neck and within moments, he was silent!

"Those are... zombies!" Tommy said

"Don't be silly.. they can't be" Andy said

The initial zombie got off the security guard and ran towards Angela. 

She was a well trained soldier and immediately aimed her shotgun and the crazed zombie, firing point black at his chest, blowing him backwards

The zombie fell backwards to the ground but immediately got up again and charged at Angela

"Angela!" Tommy yelled as he grabbed his bag full of his ammo, slung his shotgun over his back and ran towards Angela with a pistol in each hand. 

"Tommy!" Andy yelled, worried he would be disqualified for running onto the range. 

"This is more serious Sergeant! Lock and load!" Tony said, calling Andy by his assigned rank. 

Andy snapped out of it as he watched Susan load her weapon. 

Their weapons were only air guns, but they could still be lethal if shot at the right places. But they did not have the stopping power of real bullets. 

Angela was by now desperately holding back the zombie with her shotgun as a shield as the zombie kept chomping near her neck. 

Tommy arrived in seconds, kicking the head of the zombie and shooting it point black in the head as it flew away from Angela. 

"Are you ok?" he asked as he helped her up with one hand as he put a bullet through each eye of the zombie. 

She was still shaking as she accepted his hand. 

Multiple shots were being fired and as Tommy turned around, he saw tens of zombies flooding through the gates as the other contestants started firing their air guns. 

Andy, Susan and Tony ran towards Tommy and Angela

The killed security guard suddenly got up as they passed by and jumped on Susan

Susan screamed as Tony reacted instantly, wrestling the zombie off Susan. 

"It's... damn... strong.." Tony grunted as the zombie twisted Susan's head right off!

"Susan!" Andy screamed as he pumped his whole clip into the zombie's face. 

"No... Susan!" Angela cried as Tommy helped Andy get the zombie off Tony. 

"Guys... I.... I've been bitten" Tony said.... showing his arm with a large bite mark. 

"No... Tony.. No.." Tommy muttered

"Go! Lone Ranger. You've got to get out of here. I'll hold them off" Tony said, picking up Susan's pistol in one hand and his own in the other. 

"No Tony. We won't leave you!" Andy said

"Go Sergeant! I can feel... I'm losing control"  Tony said. "Go!" he yelled as his scream became guttural. 

Suddenly, his bright brown irises turned white and he charged at Andy

*BLAM!!!* 

Tommy blasted Tony's head open with his shotgun

"Tommy! What have you done!" Andy yelled

"He's already gone Andy. We have to get out of here" Tommy said, taking the two pistols from Tony's hands. 

There was pandemonium all around the seating area as a full blown fight was breaking out. It was chaos everywhere as blood and flesh were being strewn everywhere. 

Andy looked at the surroundings and nodded taking the lead and brought Tommy and Angela through the firing range, away from the battle. 

They had to get out of here ASAP. 

 

10