Chapter 8 – Out of the Frying Pan Into the Fire
304 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'm telling you! My name is Thomas Rangel! I am from the US representing the US National team for Shooting at the Olympics!" Tommy yelled in exasperation.

"Even if we confirm that is indeed your identity Mr Rangel, you were caught stealing firearms from the Metropolitan Police Station. This is a very serious offence. A conviction of terrorism and mass murder will get you the death penalty" the Japanese SDF officer said. 

"What??? Didn't you see? There were zombies all over!" Tommy argued

"What we could confirm was alot of dead bodies! Many of them civilians and also police officers. You and that girl, the descendant of the Kiga assassin clan, you will both face the harshest penalty!" the man said

Tommy was speechless. It was early in the morning, and the zombies were not currently active yet. Perhaps that was why these forces never encountered any hostile zombies. 

He also wondered if it was a good thing to have surrendered so easily. Perhaps both of them would have been able to fight their way out with their enhanced abilities. 

But then again, he thought the SDF would have brought them to the US base, or at the very least their own Japanese base in Tokyo, which would have been safer than wherever they were. 

As Akane was in the other truck behind them, he wondered if she was alright, or whether she would kick up a fuss. 

He was kept in the front truck while Akane was in the truck behind them. The two tanks were behind the trucks and there was another truck even further back behind the two tanks. 

*BUMP*

They heard a noise as if something bumped into the truck and then the truck felt like it drove over something. 

The troops started talking in Japanese and the truck stopped. 

The guy interrogating Tommy, who seemed to be in charge started yelling and one of the soldiers jumped out the back of the truck to investigate. 

The soldier yelled something back and the leader looked pissed and opened the window to the front and yelled at the driver. 

Tommy could see the driver yelling back through the window and from the window, Tommy could see more and more zombies approaching the truck from the front, attracted by the headlights and all the yelling.

It was clear the driver was waiting orders as more and more undead looking people were blocking the truck and started clawing on the windscreen and windows. 

Large scratches could clearly be seen on the glass windows as well as blood from either the zombies or their victims on the glass. 

At the same moment, they heard gunshots and dying screams of the soldier that went to investigate. 

"Its the zombies" Tommy said, looking at the leader. 

Suddenly, one of the zombies smashed the driver side window and grabbed the driver's arm and bit him. 

The leader yelled something and the driver gunned the accelerator as the truck ran over the many zombies blocking the truck's path. 

The leader yelled orders into his walkie talkie and the other trucks and tanks followed suit, plowing through multiple undead zombies. 

From the back of the truck, they could see the solder already being piled on by multiple zombies as they tore him to bits. 

They only drove a few blocks when the truck seemed to be out of control and the truck rammed into a building, injuring everyone inside the truck. 

Tommy shook his head and easily broke his handcuffs. He looked as the other trucks and tank stopped to help the first truck. Many of the soldiers next to Tommy had only minor injuries from the crash.

The leader had a few cuts on his face and he looked pissed.

Suddenly, there was gunfire and as Tommy looked around, the soldiers were surrounded by hundreds of zombies!

Screams and gunfire followed as all hell broke loose as the zombies charged at them.

The leader went to the front of the crashed truck and tried to help the driver.

Suddenly, the driver grabbed his arm and bit him.

"Fuck" Tommy said as he grabbed the leader's pistol from his holster and double tapped two bullets into the driver's forehead

The leader looked at him and started mumbling something.

"Shit. This is going from bad to worse" Tommy thought

"Akane!" he yelled and suddenly, Akane was standing right next to him holding her katana

Tommy looked at her and surprisingly, she gave him a slight smile.

At that precise moment, the leader's irises turned white and he charged at Tommy

With a single slash of her katana, the leader's head shot into the air and a fountain of blood shot out of his neck.

Unfortunately, that was the precise moment several of the soldiers looked in their direction and saw Akane decapitating their leader.

The soldiers yelled something in Japanese and opened fire on them in anger.

Tommy felt his whole body light up in pain as machine gun bullets perforated his body, turning him to Swiss cheese

Everything seemed to move in slow motion as Tommy watched Akane somersault in the air, dodging every single bullet that eventually landed on him.

He also saw zombies charging at the soldiers shooting at him from behind and jumping on them as they ravaged their bodies.

Tommy felt a pair of hands grab him and pulled his bloody body away.

Chaos was all around them as Akane carried Tommy on her shoulders while fighting zombies.

Bullets were flying everywhere and hundreds and hundreds of zombies swarmed the area, attracted by the noise.

The tanks did not fire their shells, but they flattened the zombies by moving back and forth and all around, like bumper cars in a carnival.

"Too many" Akane said as she brought Tommy into one of the nearby buildings and helped him remove the many bullets stuck in his body.

Sounds of gunfire and explosions went on for hours as more and more zombies were attracted by the noise. 

Finally, the gunfire stopped...

5