Chapter 10 – Survivors In The Olympic Village
262 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It took them a day to get to the boundary of the Olympic Village, hiding in the shadows and moving in silence, avoiding zombies where they could.

The Olympic Village was very large, encompassing the main stadiums as well as shops and accommodations for the visitors. The athlete accommodations was on the other end of the territory so there was still a distance to go.

There were dead bodies everywhere and zombies wondering around aimlessly. Some were fighting among themselves and eating each other. 

The Japanese government spent billions to build all these facilities for the Olympics and Tommy thought it was such a waste that the whole event turned out like this. 

"Look!" Akane suddenly said, pointing at a particular direction. 

Tommy looked over and surprisingly, there was a large team of people who were armed with crude weapons that charged at the many zombies. 

The people looked fit and strong, and they seemed to be well coordinated. They apparently had padded their limbs and were teaming up, several people against a single zombie for each team. 

He watched a muscular guy take a zombie down while another instantly smashed its head with a baseball bat. 

"That's a wrestler and a baseball player!" Tommy realised.

Another 3 were fighting with a zombie using crude weapons, but the zombie had superior strength and were swatting them away.

"Those are 2 Karatekas and a Tae Kwon Do exponent!" Tommy recognised the movements of a few of them after watching their events days ago.

Another tried to box a zombie but was easily taken down and chomped on as his teammates tried to get the zombie off him.

This was happening in a large scale as the group numbered probably 50 to 80 of them, all attacking at once in a wide scale attack. 

Tommy realized that these were the surviving athletes from the games and he instantly charged into action, guns blazing. 

Akane rushed in after him, her katana quickly drawing zombie blood and decapitating several zombies on the way. 

Tommy shot headshot after headshot at a rapid rate and his shotgun blasted several zombie heads to smithereens. 

The athletes were shocked, but also glad that someone with a gun had joined their difficult battle. 

Akane dazzled the martial artists with her movements, seemingly like a dance as heads flew with her every gesture. 

The battle was over in just over 20 minutes and even with Tommy and Akane's help, at least 20 of the athletes were killed or had to be put down. 

"I am Karl. Karl Angles. I am.... I was the coach for the German wrestling team" the man who seemed to be in charge of the team said

"So who are you?" he asked

"I'm Thomas Rangel, one of the shooters from the US Shooting team" Tommy said

"Tommy? Tommy Ranger?" an unfamiliar voice asked

"Yes, do you know me?" Tommy asked

"Not really. But I've heard of you. My room mate, a competitor in the trap shooting event was talking about you, about how you were the up and coming star from the USA" the man said

"Yes. I guess some people may have heard of me" Tommy said. 

"Are you the only survivor from the shooting competition?" another man asked

"I don't know. Everyone separated in the chaos when the zombies attacked at our event. I only just made it back here" Tommy explained. 

Tommy and Akane was brought into a large mall in the Olympic Village where a large crowd of people were.

"Welcome to our commune. We are the survivors from the Olympics" a man said

The group was huge, easily 1000 people, consisting of athletes as well as spectators and locals. 

"Are there any other Americans here?" Tommy asked

"No. When all these happened, those selfish bastards immediately swooped in and extracted all their athletes and brought them to their army base to send home" a British woman said

Tommy talked to them and found out that there were actually two communes here. One in this mall, the other in the other mall, half a km away. Through lots of sacrifice and hard fighting, they had managed to clear both malls to become safe havens for survivors. 

Both malls provided plenty of food and other necessities, so they didn't want to abandon either one and would rather hold both under their control to survive as long as they could. 

The reason they attacked today was that there were more and more zombies building up in the large open area between the two places. 

Previously, there were few zombies there so as long as they had enough people, they could go back and forth between the two locations. 

But as there was a buildup of zombies, they had to clear the area otherwise the path between the two will become insurmountable. 

Tommy talked for a while before deciding to leave, even though the people tried to convince him to stay after witnessing his combat abilities. 

Tommy promised that he would come back, but he needed to go to his dorm room to at least get his passport and his own clothes. 

Just as he was about to leave, Karl approached him again.

"Say Tommy... I can call you Tommy right? Would it be possible... if we trade.. maybe food for a firearm?" he asked

"Yes, please Tommy. We need to survive as long as we can and we're fighting with sticks and stones" the guy that recognized him earlier, Manny Machado, the boxer from Mexico joined in. 

Tommy was stunned, but admittedly it made sense. He had several guns on him, while this huge group of survivors didn't even have a bullet between them. 

He looked at the large crowd looking at him nervously, clearly hoping he would give them some weapons and sighed. 

Knowing he had Akane with him to help him find more weapons, he gave them nearly all his guns, keeping only a shotgun, a handgun and a box of bullets for each weapon, leaving his sniper rifle, automatic rifle and 4 other handguns plus at least 12 boxes of bullets. 

In return, they gave him two cans of soup, two packs of ramen and two small bottles of mineral water. 

"Thank you very much Tommy. I'm sure you understand, we cannot spare much food as we have to ration our food" Karl said after giving him those rations and giving Tommy a big hug.

Feeling magnanimous, yet somehow manipulated, he gave a shit eating smile and set off with Akane. 

"I think you were conned" Akane said

"Yeah... well. Help me get more guns. Lets raid another police station later" Tommy said with a sour face as they ran off in the shadows.

 

8