Bone Eroding Poison
1.9k 1 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside the room, Hongyue slid to the ground as she felt her body rage in agony. Her arteries felt like ice was scraping down the walls of the veins. The fierce clenching of her muscles caused sweat to drip down her forehead. Hm, it's precisely this feeling. She wouldn't be able to forget it so easily, however...

Bone-eroding poison, including just a hint of something bitter.

It was unfamiliar to her.

Hongyue rocked the empty jar around in her hands while contemplating this question, her mind spinning rapidly. Of the memories she had, she perceived that the doctor wasn't originally the general's people. The physician had come along with her mother as a dowry because of his talented skills.

In short, the doctor was essentially a pawn assigned by the tribe in hopes of enhancing the relationship with the general. Considering that training and combat in the army ended up in numerous accidental injuries, a nearby healer was meaningful.

Reflecting on it now, the doctor didn't directly harm her yet, nor did he help her. While he didn't hurt her, it couldn't be so unthinkingly applied to her mother. When her mother died, the doctor had requested all the expensive medicines and herbs from her mother's dowry storehouse. The general had not denied him of this request; in fact, he was eager to hand it over.

General Wei was not a trusting person, or else Hongyue would never have to assemble such an elaborate plan to deceive him. Was the general being extorted by the doctor? No, with his level of scheming, that father of hers could not be exploited so readily. That being said, the general must have owed the doctor a favor. The doctor must have helped the general played a hand in her mother's death.

Hongyue grimaced.

That night, she only practiced a hypnotic hex that overwhelmed him in a reduced state of awareness. After overhearing the general, Hongyue was more concerned about the poison inside her body more than anything else. She hadn't thought a mere doctor would play a part with the general in the death of her mother. After the <External Death> had the backlash upon her soul, she could only leave to drive the godly weapon back into submission. Because of that, she missed a significant chance to inquire about the past. Hongyue chewed her lip softly.

Another miscalculation.

Even so, from that night, she could determine that the doctor didn't have a lot of elemental powers himself. What would be his profit? The herbs?

Hongyue doubted it.

A doctor was a prized profession, and to heal was a cherished talent. He could live leisurely with the amount of money he would earn if he left. Yet the old man didn't leave.

Her mother's tribe had a special status, so living within the tribe would not have caused the doctor to suffer; instead, he would have life beautifully all set out. So it could not be out of revenge. So the question now is just what did the general have to offer for the doctor to have him help?

Hongyue felt unsettled.

She knew the general played a part in killing her mother; however, she didn't know how her mother died. Although the old Hongyue was an empty dummy from years of being poisoned, the memories she collected were clear. Even so, Hongyue was always kept inside her courtyard, so half of the information in the recollections was from gossiping maids and loudmouthed servants. That being said, she had no memories of her so-called mother nor how her mother died, only rumors to rely on. Now almost touching upon the truth of how her mother had died, Hongyue felt dishearted for the first time.

Revenge for this matter is a must, but even more importantly, Hongyue needed to get more information. Exactly how did her mother die? It couldn't just be this bone-eroding poison. Hongyue was sure of it. What was the second drug added to this poison? What was exchanged for the murder?

When Hongyue drove Concubine Mei into madness, the concubine had mentioned her mother's death. The general would most likely maintain this secret. So how did Concubine Mei know of it? Did she play a part?

No.

The general couldn't have told her. After all, he abandoned her too quickly.

That indicated Concubine Mei was a mere pawn to General Wei, which also said she could not have been told anything regarding the death of her mother. General Wei was a careful man. Nonetheless, that did not imply Concubine Mei couldn't use her personal ways of finding out. Just where was the concubine from? Her father was Minster Hui. He had immerse power with his high position. With his word, getting concealed information wouldn't be difficult.

Should she spy on Lan'er?

No.

Hongyue reminisced about her third sister. If anything, Lan'er took sympathy on her, getting questions wouldn't be hard. Except, Lan'er was probably not told anything by her mother to keep her safe from the general. Lan'er was yet a child. If she allows the secret to slip, General Wei would most likely kill them both.

Who else knew?

Hongyue's eyes gleamed.

Actually, there was still another person who might know other than the general.

The person was right outside.

With that, Hongyue tossed away the bottle in her hand and whipped open her door.

38