Uncovering The Past
1.7k 3 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hongyue turned to ChunHua. How much did this cunning woman's daughter know? Hongyue raised the bowl and pressed it to her lips while watching ChunHua intensely, slowly testing her, "Such a precious tonic, you're willing to part?"

ChunHua seemed unwilling. This tonic was made of a hard-to-get herb, but ChunHua still expressed sweetly hoping to gain Hongyue's favor, "If elder sister likes it, this younger sister is willing."

Seeing ChunHua's unwillingness, Hongyue frowned. She set the bowl back down and dipped the end of her sleeve into the tonic. ChunHua watched on with confusion, but she didn't dare say a word. Hongyue gazed at her damp shelve with satisfaction before turning to ChunHua. With a slight twist of Hongyue's fingers, the thread contracted, and ChunHua almost lost her breath.

Hongyue smiled sweetly, "This elder sister will take her leave. Little sister knows what to do right?"

ChunHua nodded, frantically praying Hongyue would leave quickly. She didn't want to spend another minute with this demonic ghost.

Hongyue sneered upon seeing ChunHua's nod. This second sister of hers still believed that her older sister was a ghost who came from the dead for revenge. Hongyue didn't bother to explain the truth, nor did she care to. But since Hongyue didn't want to give out her identity, a ghost was not bad to take as a fake identity. She made two large strides in the direction of the night before she disappeared into the blackness. ChunHua slumped into her bed, her hands gripping her blankets as she felt chills on her spine.

-------------------------------

In her dilapidated room, Hongyue removed her outer garment and stared at the dark green stain on the fabric. She soaked the end of the fabric into a shallow tub of water. Observing as the tub of water moderately turn green as the tonic left the cloth. Just as she was about to lower her hand into the liquid, Hongyue paused. Hongyue raised her injured finger and gave it a quick squeeze. With the additional pressure, the finger began to bleed again. Hovering her finger over the tub, she watched the poisonous blood dripped into the tub. As the blood entered the murky green water surface, it sizzled lightly before leaving a thick black residue floating about.

Hongyue frowned.

She laid her palm on her arm and carefully extracted the poison from her body by driving in her power into her veins. Her body radiated a light azure aura before a black substance oozed out of the injury from her finger into the water. As soon as it touched the water, there was a small hiss before the entire tub of water became pitch black. Hongyue pondered for a bit before she released two more drops of blood into the tub. The room filled with a fierce sizzle and released a faint odor of decay.

Hongyue paused before she repeated the procedure over. This time, Hongyue seemed to realize what was occurring.

Within her body, the essence of her soul was constantly circulating through her body and dominating over <Eternal Death>. While it was actively forcing down the godly weapon, it also shielded her from any dangerous substance by keeping her blood in a protective aura.

Although faint, it was there.

Because she was subconsciously protecting herself, Hongyue wasn't all that affected by the poison. However, now that she intentionally withdrew her aura, it could be perceived that if it had actually merged with her blood, it would have been fatal. Hongyue already had to keep control over <Eternal Death> and the southern poison from the fourth madam inside her body. If this Bone-Eroding poison left her control...

Hongyue wrinkled her eyebrows. She was too careless. A flash of self-blame reflected in her eyes. This error could have taken her life. She grew too reliant on her powers again. Hongyue bit her lip hard.

She dipped her forefinger into the water and swirled it around. The thick substance clung on to her finger, and her blood quickly disappeared before being replaced by unusual dark grey residue.

In short, her blood was being eaten up.

Hongyue's eyes contracted before she let out a bitter sigh.

That mother of her body was likely poisoned by this. After all, her mother had a particular type of blood that annulled any incoming magical attack. To a general that was distrustful and cautious, she was a threat to his authority. How would a general win over a woman with the power to cancel out his power?

—by clearing her body of the blood.

The tonic seemed to have changed the properties of the poison, so instead of eating away the bones, it would eat away the blood as it progressed within the vessels. The victim would decline in a slow death, shriveling up from the lack of blood. It was a brutal and pathetic way to die, helplessly attempting to supplement your body only to find it still deteriorated day to day.

Perfect for taking down a person with a physique whose bloodline could cancel out your spells.

40