Dance Of Death 1
1.1k 5 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jiayi looked perplexed, his face scrunched up in dismay as his eyes darted around the colorful garden. Was this a hidden message about the empress? What was the right answer? What did she want to hear?

Questions seemed to pour inside his mind, but one thought stood out clearly.

Something was wrong.

Perhaps it was just a survival instinct, but he tried to steady his mind. No matter what happens, he still needed her help for his own gain. She couldn't die here. They need to leave as soon as possible. He quickly tensed his hand, and a small red orb formed in his palm before dispersing. Fading red flashes floated away along with the swirling petals.

As he opened his mouth to give an answer, Hongyue quickly cut him off with a wave of her hand.

"So slow. I changed my mind."

Jiayi's face darkened. What slow? It had only been a few seconds. He glared at her, what was she doing? They needed to leave. What was the point of even asking him? He reached out to grab her hand only to be met with empty air. Turning behind her, Hongyue turned to one of the trees and called out loudly with a childish grin splattered across her face.

"Then what about you? Do you want to dance?"

Immediately the hidden shadow tensed, his eyes swelled before he steadied his breath. It was a mistake! It had to be a mistake! Not even people with magic can sense him, so how could a mere 'normal' like her even detect him?!! Impossible!

Nevertheless, his grip on his weapon tightened. Could it be that the first batch of men had died in her hand? He immediately looked over to the other hidden guards. He shook his head ever so slightly to one of the hidden men. If the eldest miss really had the capability, then someone needs to go back to give a warning! His eyes shifted to the third prince, their orders were strictly set to kill the eldest miss and leave the third prince in a complicated spot with her death. At this rate, they might really need to change the plans.

But how could Hongyue let them?

With the lingering silence, Hongyue could only frown before her arms lowered in disappointment. Turning her head to the rest of the hiding spots, Hongyue called out loudly.

"No one wants to dance? All five of you? How mean! Is it because I'm too stupid?"

Jiayi's heart dropped. His blood almost ran cold. There were five? How could that be? He wasn't even able to sense them so precisely, but soon his eyes widened. Could it be that they were 'normals'? 'Normals' with no magical energy or magic trails were almost impossible to detect.

No wonder why!

His eyes darted back to Hongyue, who looked out straight ahead. What was she doing? Was she not afraid of death, calling them out like this?! Why provoke a sleeping tiger?!

But Hongyue's eyes were concentrated on the floating petals swirling in front of her.

Yes. It was risky at this point in time, but since it seemed like the shadows' goals were to kill, Hongyue had to make a move first. If she stayed passive, it would only grow into a disadvantage for her. Her eyes gazed toward the entrance of the garden. It would be unfortunate if more were to arrive. If that was the case, the best way to deal with this was to wipe them all out before they could make another move.

She'll have to force their hands.

The timing was more important than anything else.

Everything else after... Hongyue could deal with it later.

"Oh. Did I forget to mention that it's a dance of death? Does it sound more enticing now?"

There was the rustling of leaves before two dark shadows jumped out to suddenly attack. Their speed appeared to be inhuman as they closed closer toward the eldest miss. There was nothing to be seen other than the after-image of their figures. Hongyue stood in place without the intention of moving, but a smile made its way up her face.

"Oh, how nice of you to join me."

*****

Meanwhile, back at General Wei's manor, the general paced back and fro in his room. What was this?! Why was it becoming such a mess now? First, a ghost shows up at his banquet. Then the second madam went crazy, and now Hongyue was taken away by the emperor. What was he to do now?! So infuriating!

His fingers curled tightly within his fist. His plans! His plans! He laughed hollowly. So many sacrifices, even if it couldn't bore fruit—he'll force it to give fruit!

Didn't Hongyue seem to trust Lan'er? He turned his head toward the door.

"Men! Get the third miss. Have her come back home!"

Sorry for the late update, it's really not my intention. Thank you all so much for your patience~

29