Dance of Death 2
1.1k 5 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Back at the imperial garden, Hongyue still didn't move, but Jiayi couldn't proceed to watch as doubt edged up into his heart. If she really had a plan, it was far too risky. As the two shadows locked in closer to the eldest miss, Jiayi made up his mind.

He couldn't let her die yet.

Not when his goal was so close to his fingers.

He quickly executed his first move as he thrust out his arm in front of her. A wall of fire appeared to jump out before Hongyue's eyes as Jiayi attempted to shift her behind him.

Pushed aside, Hongyue clicked her tongue.

She wasn't in the least surprised by Jiayi's actions. After all, this was a test set up for him. It should be said that the main target was her not Jiayi. At the end of the day, she was the one who they were going to kill. While Jiayi seemed to want her help, he could also abandon her to save his own skin. Just how much was she worth in his eyes? How much did he need her?

So, in the end, this was a bargain.

Would he make a move?

To be so calculating on so many levels, Hongyue could be the only one.

Now knowing her value, she felt satisfied.

Hongyue propelled off the ground with a hard kick and swung her body to the left. However, just as she relocated, a shadow came out from behind to block her. A barbed spike aimed for her head and a leg swung sharply aiming for her side. Hongyue evaded the spike while she rushed forward, bringing ahead her palm. As her hand made a connection with his chest, the attacker staggered two steps before he slumped back. A spray of blood leaked out from his mouth, and Hongyue simply turned her head to the other side.

Jiayi happened to catch sight of it as he released another fire attack, and his heart thumped loudly inside his chest.

Dangerous.

One move was made, and one move to kill.

Hongyue didn't intend on sparing his life at all. While she did want answers, it wasn't in her favor to allow them to live. Their advances alone told her that they were far too well-trained. There was no point in her wasting any time to collect information. Her eyes narrowed as another shadow closed in on her.

Far too fast.

Was he really a 'normal'?

While she didn't know much about this world, at the most, it would be common sense that since 'normals' were looked down upon, there would be a social rift between the 'normals' and the ones who held magic. To be a 'normal' with such talents, Hongyue almost found it hard to believe the other was a 'normal.' Would someone with talents be willing to lower their heads down to the same people who mocked them?

Just who was behind this?

Hongyue flipped backward, shifting her weight to her upper body. Her legs kicked up and slammed onto the attacker's chin. The kick was sturdy enough to daze the other person but not enough to completely injure him. As the other tried to steady his mind, Hongyue paused. She hid a small frown as she watched for his following move.

At a time like this, with their mind muddled at the moment, people would usually act on instinct to preserve their lives. So his next move would have to be raw and strained with all his force. Hongyue wanted to see if within this attack if there was any sign of magic.

His hand ripped into her direction, and Hongyue enabled herself to fall to the left to avoid him before slamming the ground with her palm. Using the momentum and force, she spun her entire body sideways in midair. As she turned, her eyes easily caught one of the shadows attempting to leave.

However, before she could make the next move, a flash of silver landed harshly near her head. Hongyue felt her freshly exhaled breath springing back onto her face from the blade.

This speed!

As she forced herself back into balance, she shifted her weight to her left foot and looked up only to be met what seemed to be bottomless orbs.

"Eldest miss is truly formidable."

Hongyue's eyes drifted to the opposite side to see Jiayi with a peculiar bitter expression on his face. He was held down with a knife that was squeezed against his neck, and he looked at her with suspicion.

Oh?

There was this kind of turn in events?

What a surprise.

Nonetheless, her face held no change in expression. Hongyue merely produced a small smile, "Does this mean the dance is already over?"

The shadow in front of her laughed, "You really were hidden quite deeply. If not for seeing you in action, I wouldn't have known. Today has really reopened my eyes."

Oh ho ho ho~

32