A Game Of Tag
1.1k 18 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This miss has always fancied playing games. This is just like hide and seek." Hongyue replied, her eyes trained on something in the far distance. She didn't appear to care, but there was something about her that shot a chill up the shadow in front of her. Perhaps it was the way she talked or the way her eyes looked past him, but it was like she was taking him for a dead man.

Crazy.

He must be insane to think that.

He attempted to catch a grip on his nerves. No matter how hidden she was, he already dug her out, and she couldn't have any other moves. A menacing smirk crept up into his face, and his heart was overflowed with malicious satisfaction.

No.

He was confident that she had no other moves.

Neither the third prince nor this eldest miss was going to leave here alive because he had a trump card— he sealed their magic with a cancellation spell. Even if she really was a tiger, she'll have to meow like a harmless cat. As he reassured himself, his heart grew with delight.

"Games, is it? Then we'll have to play one for your death," He remarked sharply.

Hongyue peered up at the person in front of her. From the beginning, she had never been looking at him, she was calculating down the time. Nonetheless, hearing him say such words grabbed her interest. For the first time, her eyes gazed into his eyes with a hint of anticipation.

Oh~

Such confidence.

She really wanted to break it down into pieces.

Yet she couldn't help but think of a missing point. For him to take such unnecessary actions just to kill her, did his resentment run deep into his bones? Running through her memories, she couldn't seem to recognize him at all, but it appeared like he held great contempt for her even to the point where he couldn't contain it and wanted to torture her before her death.

Seeing her doubtful eyes, the shadow mistakenly deemed that she was in shock.

"Oh? Did you finally figure it out? You can't practice your magic?"The grinning man leaned in closer to her face, "I already sealed both of your powers. There's no need to struggle. How about it? Feeling helpless? Why don't you beg me to spare you?"

This new input of information was genuinely unexpected. Even Hongyue didn't think of this possibility. There was a flash of complexity in her eyes before she turned to Jiayi. No wonder. But just this, gave them the guts to think she couldn't do anything? She thought he had something more impressive hidden in his hands. But that? It wouldn't even affect her. Her magic was of a totally separate bloodline.

Hongyue dropped her head, and her body shook. Thinking she was in fear, the shadow edged forward. However, he was met with laughter bubbling out from her lips.

"For sure, I thought it was something else more impressive, but that? I could care less. Which one of your eyes saw that I used magic? I'm starting to question if you mistook me for someone else. Do I even know you?"

The shadow's eyes bulged, confusion along with a tinge of panic reflected in his eyes. Other than watching her go crazy at the flowers in the garden, he had not seen anything else. She didn't use magic? But how? It didn't make any sense. If not for magic, then how could she evade all their previous attacks? What about his brothers that were sent in the first batch in the morning? They never returned.

What he much believed to be her trump card— he could only watch with his own eyes that it didn't matter to her. His confidence was instantly overwhelmed as he looked to be in a state of hysteria. He wasn't the only one. One of the shadows holding Jiayi made a slight move back a step.

Hongyue lifted her head up, and a murderous intent coated her eyes.

"Hey, since I played your game already, why don't we play another one of my games," Hongyue raised her arm up and pointed up in the distance. She smiled before she opened her mouth again, "Tag."

As soon as the words left her mouth, a loud blast could be heard. From afar, a vibrant red filled the sky. The sweet iron smell drifted in the air.

Blood!

Terror-filled eyes stared back at her. The shadow that had once been so arrogant felt his bones quiver. What was that? Was that the shadow that left to give a warning? H-how could she have magic? No. He had never seen anything like it in his life. He wasn't even sure if it was magic. The power! The cruelty. No wonder she wasn't at the least shaken. It was all a game for her! They were no match.

"Demon!"

Hongyue simply pretended to hear nothing as she turned her head back to the men in front of her. Spreading out her arms, she pointed at another person, "We're all playing, right?" Hongyue tilted her head as she asked loudly.

No one dared to give her an answer, but she didn't need one.

"Then tag, you're it."

Fufufu~ a piece of new information uncovered. My blood is boiling~

31