The Mind Of The Emperor
1.1k 6 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside one of the palace chamber rooms, a girl laid lifelessly on soft bedding, her body embraced in silk sheets. The room was covered in luxurious curtains, and the furniture was polished and gleaming of value. The floor was colorfully carpeted, but it couldn't cover up the odd vibe in the room.

Two figures could be seen leaning over the sleeping girl, one dressed in gold and the other dressed in a white physician's garment. From afar, both her hands and legs could be seen burned by fire, leaving her skin bright red. Her breathing was shallow, and her forehead was covered in beads of sweat. The Emperor stood by her bedside, and his eyes were complicated as they concentrated on her face.

He turned to the physician gradually as though he didn't hear the first time, and he drew out his words deliberately, "Repeat what you just said."

The royal physician felt significantly pressured as he stumbled over his words. It was just the eldest miss of the Wei's family, but now it seemed like he was nursing the princess herself, "The eldest miss's lungs and body seemed to have been exhausted by the smoke from the fire. Other than some small surface injuries, she appears to be fine. She simply requires more time to recuperate. Would you like this servant to use his light magic to speed up the process?"

"No need. Leave it at that."

The physician was left horribly confused. At first, he was forced to make sure the eldest miss becomes better, or else he was going to lose his head. Now he was told not to help her get better. What was this old man to do? Nodding his head, he withdrew his powers and left the Hongyue alone.

"And what about medicine?"

"This servant thinks that medicine must be served every 2-4 hours to assist her in breathing more efficiently."

"Then what if it's delayed to every 8-12 hours?"

Although disturbed by the question, the physician continued to respond smoothly, "It would reduce down the healing process quite a bit. In addition, it might cripple the body. The patient may need to depend on long term uses of herbs in order to recover her health."

The Emperor went silent for a moment. He turned to the doctor, "You are dismissed. You can collect 45 gold pieces from my head eunuch later."

Pleased, the royal doctor nodded and appropriately exited the room, leaving Hongyue who laid on the bed without a movement other than shallow breathing with the Emperor.

"Come out," Hearing the Emperor's call, an aide dropped down from the darkness. He had been positioned in the top beam of the ceiling close to a corner, hidden behind the luxurious curtains.

"Did I not tell you to follow her?"

The aide lowered his head. In truth, he didn't understand what happened in general. Other than being in the palace and observing the eldest miss eat, he couldn't remember anything else. All he retrieved from his memories was the vibration of a dropping spoon. He couldn't recall anything else. It was like a blur. His head hammered in distress; however, he maintained a look of sturdiness.

"This servant was distracted."

Sighing, the Emperor didn't criticize him. There were too many strange things that were happening; he was occupied himself. There was a report of a disturbance detailed in one of his concubine's manor. It had been so intense, it jolted the earth. There were descriptions of the blood being seen scattering into the air. No one knew how it happened, but there were mentions of it reoccurring in the garden before the fire.

There were many reports of the miss being protected by her mother. Could it be that the ghost of the first madam did this? Fascinating. In truth, the emperor coveted the power of the blood clan to be in his hands. However, the first madam had refused to assist him numerous times. Met with her refusal, he centered on the next best thing—her daughter. With a girl simple and naive, others may not desire her at all. But to him, she was the best puppet of all.

So he anticipated.

He knew that the general had been tormenting the young girl, but he didn't intervene to protect her. After all, it would only help him. When she was broken down, he would guide her carefully into his hands—into a snug cage for his control.

His eyes shone.

Not only that, it appeared that she had a hidden backing from her mother. If he could get it all— he would be the supreme ruler, would he not?

Perfect.

It was perfect.

He had been apprehensive she had magical abilities. After all, a puppet that could fight back was more dangerous than direct rivals. However, if she couldn't even fight against the Empress's men, then she was the perfect little doll. In reality, he knew about the shadows the Empress established in the garden to watch Hongyue. It was a petty trick, but it aligned with his intentions, so he allowed her to carry it out.

It's just that, he never thought that woman would be so bold!

Nevertheless, it got him the information he wanted to see.

"Your majesty, this servant thinks the third prince had a hand in this."

So sleepy~

*rolls around*

*wriggles*

30