Chapter 8: Dragon slayers and Acnologia
1k 1 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“We will lose.”

Irene stood up and turned around to look at Belserion.

“I… I see…” said Irene with a sad smile on her face.

“My desire to protect our human friends has not changed, even under these circumstances…”

Belserion looked at Irene with determined eyes.

“No matter how many of my comrades fall in battle… I shall not budge an inch on this.”

“Why… Why would you go so far for us humans…?”

Belserion smiled and said, “You already know the story of how your predecessor saved my live, after Challot and Emrissen almost killed me.”

“I know, but I believe you have more than repaid your debt. Afterall, you are always there for me, you give me council and you continue to fight and are putting your life on the line for humans. There must be more to it…”

“Irene… until I keep you safe from all dangers, I can´t even imagine that my debt is fully repaid. I swear on my life that…”

“Belserion.”

Belserion looked curious at Irene.

“Let me join you… and fight as well.” Said Irene with a determent look.

Belserion was chocked at this.

“What nonsense are you saying?! Your enemy´s are not humans, but dragons! Even if you were to form a massive battalion of humans, their power would pale in comparison to even a single dragon!”

“By watching Zeldaris and Aversia I came up with an idea. Which is to create something like those two.”

“So, you are trying to make other half dragons like us?”

Irene and Belserion looked in the direction of the voice and saw both Aversia and Zeldaris standing at the entrance and looking as if they just woke up.

“Good morning you two and answering your question, no I am talking about attaching the power of dragons to humans.”

“Bestowing the power of a dragon to a human?”

“A power with which I could fight against the evil dragons. The power of a dragon slayer.”

Belserion, Aversia and Zeldaris didn´t know what to say.

Irene looked at the two half dragons.

“Of course, I will need both of your help with this.”

The two looked confused at Irene, how would they be able to help her with this.

“I need your experience with your own problems. With it we should be able to counter negative side effects.”

The two paused for a moment and thought for a moment, before agreeing.

Later this day would go down as the creation of dragon slayer magic and the beginning of a catastrophe.

Irene herself became the first dragon slayer and Belserion was the one who imbued his powers into Irene.

Shortly after, many people became dragon slayer’s, but not all dragons agreed to bestow their power to humans, best example were Challot and Emrissen.

Zeldaris and Aversia explained their own experience with their powers, primarily when they tried to gain other their powers.

Because of this, were the dragon slayer´s able gain better control of their magic.

There were still cases were they wouldn´t be able to control it.

But their magic would be either partly or completely sealed by first sing of losing control and would than be put under strict training.

Although, there were still enough cases were Irene or the other enchanters couldn’t detect it or were to slow to react, where they would then lose complete control, lose their minds and go on a rampage.

Only to be then knocked unconscious or killed by Challot or Emrissen.

But that wasn´t the only problem, because no one expected that the dragon slayers would get totally overpowered by there new dragon senses, to the point that they would get motion sickness by riding a horse or carriage.

Some would get so overwhelmed that they would be constantly sick and wouldn´t be able to move.

Irene totally forgot that Aversia´s and Zeldari´s body were half dragon and could handle these senses without problem, even with most of their powers sealed.

The only help Irene could give them was to also seal their magic, but it was worth all of this, because the dragon slayers turned the tide of the war in an instant.

Victory was so close, but it would never be in the hands of either Ishgar or Alakitasia.

Shortly after the entry of the dragon slayer´s into the war, a sloe human with the name of Acnologia appeared, he was a dragon slayer who would attack both sides and kill al dragons that he could see.

Even Belserion almost died and was only able to survive thanks to Challot and Emriseen, who attacked Acnologia before he could finish Belserion.

While they distracted Acnologia, Igneel and two other dragons took the half dead Belserion and brought him to Dragnof.

Irene and her husband Rung, who were also on the battlefield, saw them and Irene almost collapsed out of chock.

In the end Challot and Emrissen were, thanks to their teamwork, able to repel and even wound Acnologia.

But it was only going to be worse, because Acnologia was turning with every dragon he killed more and more into a dragon himself and every time he changed, he became stronger.

The worst part, however, was that Acnologia was somehow able to eat any kind of magic, making him immune to magic and was able to reap the souls of the dragons he defeated.

In the end Challot and Emrissen could barely fend him off now.

In the end, Acnologia ended the war singlehandedly and became the sole winner.

Both Ishgar and Alakitasia suffered casualties, but thanks to the fact that Ishgar´s dragons were better organized and would send some of their most powerful dragons to either fend him off or trying to kill him, were they able to minimize their loses.

Only at the end, when Acnologia fully turned into a dragon, did they suffer many loses.

Alakitasia on the other hand suffered the hole time heavy casualties and, in the end, they fled back to their home continent.

But to make matters even worse, some of the dragon slayers started to slowly turn into dragons themselves and under them was Irene.

Scales were growing at her left cheek.

It was now one week after the end of the war and Irene was at Belserions side.

He was still asleep and would probably need a long time before he would awake.

It would take months to fully heal him.

Irene really needs his guidance, her people feared her, feared that she would turn into a second Acnologia.

She touched her stomach and trying to feel the life growing inside of her.

Yes, she was pregnant and probably before she became a dragon slayer.

If Belserion, Challot, Emrissen or were to learn of this, they would freak out and give her one hell of a lecture, since she was battling while being pregnant.

But her thoughts were interrupted, because soldiers stormed into the room and surrounded Irene and held their weapons at their queen.

“What is the meaning of this?”

Thank you verry much for readyng and i hope you enjoed it.

The Acnologia who we know and hate has finally apeared and everyone is losing their shit.

See you all in the next chapter.

38