Chapter 12: A new beginning
1k 2 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It´s been a week since Belserion, Aversia and Zeldaris woke up.

Almost all dragons left the group and were searching for a safe place to hide.

The only dragons remaining were Igneel, Metalicana, Belserion, Challot and Emrissen.

But Igneel and Metalicana were planning to leave in the next few days.

Challot, Emrissen and Belserion didn´t plan on leaving and no one tried to convince them.

Challot and Emrissen were able to perfectly hide themselves with their transformation magic and were going to teach Belserion it as well. 

(AN: The dragon gods were hiding from Acnologia in the same way, well most of them.)

The only problem was that he had tried to learn it in the past and was not able to learn it.

The three were thinking how they could make him learn the spell.

The dragon slayers were building houses and other facility’s that would be needed.

Most of the dragon slayers were originally farmers, carpenters and other workers who wanted to become dragon slayers voluntarily.

From the original 200 dragon slayers were about 130 left.

The 70 that left were either angry and or hated Irene and the dragons, or in total despair and were trying to run away from reality.

The rest still believed into Irene and knew that their best chances were with her and Belserion.

Irene and the others decided that it would be best if they build their own village, mostly because of what happened in Dragnof and the fact that most humans would fear them and would probably become aggressive towards them.

The people agreed but had the condition that they would try to contact their families and give them the chance to live with them.

Irene agreed to this and it was decided that the dragons would bring them to their families where they would explain their situation and ask them to come with them.

Surprisingly most of them agreed.

They could of course not immediately travel with them to their place and needed time to prepare.

It was decided that they would be picked up in two weeks.

The dragon slayers would start building houses and other necessities for living.

Vulcan was the only blacksmith in the group and because of it became very busy with forging nails, tools and other things.

The forge, other materials and provisions were bought at the nearby city and were transported with the help of Igneel, Metalicana and Belserion.

It was Vulcan who paid for all of this.

He was very famous as a black smith and had a lot of savings, which he had always with him.

Because of that there were no shortages for anything, and the building process was going smoothly.

The only ones who were not happy were Zeldaris and Aversia.

Both had to the most point recovered from Rung´s and the soldier´s cruelty, although they had multiple nightmares of it.

But the reason why they were sad was that they lost all their books.

All their books were burned when Challot and Emrissen burned the castle to ashes.

When the two found out about it they were sad and close to tears.

Challot and Emrissen tried the hole day to cheer them up, but to no prevail.

When they were about to give up, did they notice that Zeldaris had a book in one of his pockets.

It was one of the two books that they bought when they developed their fire breath, the book about celestial magic.

It explained the origins of the celestial keys, their abilities and etc..

Both Aversia and Zeldaris read it countless of times.

Zeldaris was reading it again when Rung and his soldiers abducted them.

He was interested in the Zodiac spirits, to be more specific in the rumored 13th spirit Ophiuchus.

When Challot and Emrissen chowed them that at least one book survived did the brighten up a little, but they were still angry and sad.

Both Challot and Emrissen gave up and decided that they would by some new books when they were going to the town again and decided to let their frustrations out at Belserion, Igneel and Metalicana.

It was quite the spectacle as the two, still in their human form, were giving the three gigantic and fully grown dragons a hard time, it also gave everyone a good laugh.

Irene was talking with everyone to see their state, hear their opinions and just talk with them.

By doing this she found someone she didn´t expect, her apprentice Tia.

Tia was a short and petite young woman with long purple hair, she wore a simple blue dress and wore glasses.

Her family were traveling merchants that settled in the capital of Dragnof.

Tia was fascinated by magic and started to research it on her own.

But she wouldn´t be able to continue this passion of hers for long, because her parents became sick with a rare disease.

Tia was the only one that could continue their craft and had no time left for her studies.

Her parents would die soon after and leave Tia alone.

Unsure how to continue and saddened by her parent’s death, Tia became a shut in.

That was the time when she met Irene who visited her to give Tia her condolences, something she did for everyone in the capital.

Irene noticed the books about magic and asked Tia about it.

A bit surprised, Tia answered in a robotic voice.

Irene continued questions and with every question Tia´s passion and love came back onto the surface.

As they continued to talk about magic, Irene became more and more amazed at Tia.

In the end Irene decided to invite her into the castle and become one of the students for magic there.

There, she and other people studied magic under Irene´s mages and sometimes Irene herself.

After two years of studying Tia became the apprentice of Irene.

Irene, Belserion and other dragons would continue teaching her magic and Tia would reside in the library for most of her free time.

She meets Challot, Emrissen, Vulcan, Aversia and Zeldaris only a couple of times and would annoy them every time with her endless questions, especially Aversia and Zeldaris who she wanted to study.

She became somewhat of a stalker, sometimes forgot that they were people and went a little too far, which earned her one hell of a beating from Challot, Emrissen and Vulcan and a very stern and long talk from both Irene and Belserion.

Afterwards Tia stayed away from them but continued to observe them from the distance.

When the dragon king festival was going on and dragon slayer magic was created, Tia was one of the first people to become a dragon slayer.

Irene was very worried about Tia, but she proofed to be an excellent help on the battlefield, thanks to her knowledge about magic.

There was just one problem, Tia became slightly more aggressive and brutal with every battle.

But before Irene could do something about it, Acnologia and Rungs betrayal happened.

After they got here and Irene got out of her guilt and self-blame, Irene tried to find her, since she needed her help with the transformation problem.

As she found Tia, she was trying to write a letter, but couldn´t find the right words.

When Tia noticed Irene she just a short greeting and returned to the letter.

Irene asked why was so gloomy, she just answered that she wanted to write a letter to her Uncle and Aunt, but didn´t know how to start or what write into it.

She told her that she didn´t had much contact with them since the death of her parents, but after everything that happened she wanted to contact them again.

She also pulled out an old letter, it was a letter from her Uncle and Aunt who wrote that they had another child.

Her name was Wendy.

Hello everyone thank you very much for reading and i hope you enjoed it.

Irene having an apprentice, actully fits her pretty good if you think about it. She could strenghten the bonds between dragons and humans trought them, in the long run.

To be comepletly onest i didn´t plan on Tia having any ties with Wendy at the begining, but when i was thinking about her appearance, she became more and more similar to Wendy and i have no idea why. I just wanted to intruduce a petit woman for a change and than that happened.

Also i am very hyped for the new monster hunter games that were anounced resently. I really hope that they will comebine the best parts from both the main games and World. For exemple, cepping the monsters as aggresive as before, because they were really forgiving in World and didnt change much from normal to tempered and so on, which was really dissapointing. But also giving the weapons more depth like in World. Anyway i am really excited. But i am also happy that Story gets a sequel, i loved the first game.

Anyway, i will see you all in the next chapter, because i need to farm Rathalos parts for armor.

33