Chapter 14: Time passes
1k 2 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vulcan started to laugh and said,” If it were that easy to use and refine dragon parts than I would have used them already. It is almost impossible to refine and use dragon parts for smiting. Besides, you do not even need to refine them into weapons, they are already strong and hard enough, that you can use them as weapons from the start, of course you need to find a bone or a tooth that is small enough.”

“Then what about cloth and wood?”
“Cloth and wood have the same rule as metal that the material has much influence over the magic such as type, quality, amount etc. The materials needed for a good cloth armor with high magic abilities are much rarer and much more expensive. As for wood, it is almost impossible to find and or get them. I only had some, because Emrissen found some a few years ago.”

After that they continued to talk about Vulcans new fusion way and other topics such as the training of Zeldaris and Aversia, the situation of the village and so on.

Time flew by.

The dragon slayers and their families build a small village.

Most of the houses were made from wood and only a few houses and buildings were made from stone.

Most people became farmers and cultivated the surrounding lands, some started to learn and work under Vulcan to become black smiths and others became craftsman.

Vulcan started to trade his work with the surrounding cities and got many orders from them.

Igneel and Metalicana left the village a few days after Vulcan´s successful prototype, the handle that flew off was never found.

Irene became the village chief and Tia and Belserion became her advisers, the three also worked together on the transformation problem.

Emrissen, Challot and sometimes Vulcan trained Aversia and Zeldaris in real combat and magic.

But both Challot and Emrissen took it a bit too far, for example Zeldaris´s and Aversia´s first real fight was against two giant bears.

Both Zeldaris and Aversia were to frighten to fight and tried to run away.

In the end Challot and Emrissen had to step in and were scolded by Vulcan afterword’s.

After that failure, both Aversia and Zeldaris fought against Challot and Emrissen in mock battels, so that they could get used to fighting and bloodlust.

On the magic side they learned how to conjure and manipulate their grey flames, but unlike fire dragon slayer´s they could conjure their flames in their surroundings. (AN: basically, they don´t need to cover their bodies in flames, like a certain pink headed battle maniac.)

Everyone was still not sure what these grey flames were, because they were much stronger and much purer than normal flames.

They also found out that Zeldaris´s and Aversia could absorb and eat all magic.

Although they could only absorb and eat a little part of the magic, they could still do it with all types of magic except magic in objects (Holder type magic).

But the reason for this was that they didn´t know how to absorb or eat the magic inside the object.

When they fought about it, they all had the same picture in their heads and that was of Acnologia.

They had the same ability as Acnologia, just much weaker.

But they were still young and their ability´s would still grow.

But why did they have the same ability?

Challot and Emrissen thought that it had something to do with their magic and the grey flames.

Every time they saw these flames and every time, they felt their magic power they got the feeling as if it were ancient, much older than humans and dragons.

Was it possible that their element was magic itself?

No, if that were the case then they would not be limited to flames and it wouldn´t explain the grey flames.

No matter how long they thought about it they could only link their ability´s to their magic.

Zeldaris´s and Aversia´s training now included the development of their abilities.

And just like that a year passed by.

 

In a clearing of the forest, on a giant rock sat a giant green gorilla.

It had a big torso and even bigger arms, but his legs were tiny in comparison to his torso and arms that looked like as if they could smash rocks into bits.

It was a Vulcan, to be more specific a Forest Vulcan, they were as aggressive and strong as their mountain cousins.

The Vulcan had just finished a meal and was using a bone as a toothpick.

It didn´t noticed that it was being observed from two figures that were hiding in the bushes.

Both were wearing clothes that were perfectly fusing with the surrounding and were observing the Vulcan from opposite sides.

The two figures started to get closer, when suddenly one of them stepped on a stick.

The sound of the breaking stick was heard by the Vulcan, who threw the bone away and watched his surroundings.

One of the figures ran out of his hiding spot and ran towards the Vulcan with high speed.

It took the figure only a few seconds before arriving before the Vulcan.

But the Vulcan was easily able to react and swung his giant arm at the figure.

The figure was surprised at the fast reaction of the Vulcan and was only barely able to doge the giant arm.

But while the figure was dogging it punched the arm of the Vulcan.

The blow was surprisingly affective, and the Vulcan cried out in pain.

The Vulcan became enraged.

How dare that tiny thing hurt him.

While the Vulcan was concentrating on the first figure, the second figure made its move as well and position ate itself so that it was behind the Vulcan and started to run towards the back of the Vulcan.

Just like the first figure, the second figure needed only a few seconds until it arrived at the Vulcan, but the Vulcan noticed the second figure and reacted faster than the second and jumped into the air.

It brought its two hands together and like a hammer swung it down towards the second figure.

The figure was not able to react in time and was hit with the full might of the blow.

The blow created a little crater, and the figure was lying inside it.

As the Vulcan was landing, it beat its chest with its fists and was laughing.

But its happiness was short lived, because the figure stood up again, with almost no problems whatsoever.

The Vulcan was surprised and tilted its head.

Using that chance, the first figure rushed to the Vulcan and punched its knee.

This time the Vulcan was not able to react in time and the sound of breaking bones could be heard.

The Vulcan cried out and tried to slap the two figures with his hands, but the two figures used the opening, and both gave him an uppercut to his chin.

With a loud sound broke the neck of the Vulcan and fell lifeless to the ground.

The two figures sat down on the ground exhausted and removed their clothing, revealing silver and black scales.

They were Zeldaris and Aversia and this was their latest test by their mothers.

They didn´t grow much this year, but their scales covered know almost their entire arms and the arear around the horns on their back was covered in scales.

The horns on their heads had now a length of around 20 cm and Zeldaris started to grow two new horns.

One each at a side, but they were only around 7 cm long.

As for the horns on their back, they didn´t grow at all, what made the two nervous and happy at the same time.

Zeldaris and Aversia looked at each other and gave the other a high five.

“Man, that was close. If you were not able to break its knee, then we wouldn´t have killed it so fast.”, said Zeldaris.

“No, the reason was that it looked down on us and was playing with us. Although the stick was bad timing.”, said Aversia.

That is right the Vulcan was looking down on them and was playing around, even with the initial blow to his arm did it not take them as a threat and that was what ultimately killed it.

“We should hurry and bring this back to the village Uncle Igneel and Uncle Metalicana should be arriving every minute now.”

Aversia nodded and the two started to carry the corpse of the Vulcan back to the village.

When they arrived, they could see three dragons siting on the giant field that was reserved for dragons.

Two of them were Igneel and Metalicana, the other dragon was white and covered in feathers and had somewhat avian features.

Before all three dragons stood three children.

The first was a boy around nine years old, had spiky pink hair and had a scaled scarf.

The second was a boy also around nine years old and had black spiky hair and a grin on his face.

The third child was a three-year-old girl with purple hair that resembled Tia´s.

Challot, Emrissen and Vulcan were already there and speaking with them.

Both mothers had ditched their long dresses and were now wearing a short top that didn´t cover much except their breasts and a long skirt with a slit at the site that exposed their legs.

The skirts were white with black spots and made of Vulkan leather.

Around their waste was a belt and a piece of cloth was wrapped around their stump.

Challot, Emrissen and the strange dragons had all an unhappy expression on their faces.

“Hello Uncle Igneel. Hello Uncle Metalicana.”, yelled both Aversia.

Everyone turned around and half of them were shocked as they saw the corpse of the Vulcan.

Challot and Emrissen on the other hand started to laugh and gave the two a thump up.

“Ah Zeldaris and Aversia, it’s been some time.”, said Igneel.

“Hello.”, said Metalicana.

The two stared curiously at the three children.

“Let me introduce you. This here is Natsu Dragneel.”, said Igneel while pointing at the boy in front of him.

“This is Gajeel Redfox.”, said he while pointing at the boy in front of Metalicana.

“And this is the sky dragon Grandine and Wendy Marvell.”, said he while pointing at the strange dragon and the young girl.

“These three are dragon slayers and our children.”

“HEEEEEE????”

Hello there, thank you very much for reading and i hope you enyoed it.

An early meeting with Natsu and the other two dragon slayers, what will happen and what is the relationship between Challot, Emrissen and Grandine this and more in the next Chapter of Fairy Tails Half Dragons.

Man, i always wanted to do this. Also for those who can math and know the canon have probably noticed that the time travel is going to happen in two years. Also i didn´t include Rogue and Sting, because i dont like them much.

Anyway i am going to see you next chapter, bye.

30