Chapter 25: Zeref
738 2 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Freedom!!

The dragons flew into the air.

With a little bit of concentration, were they able to see a shade at the horizon.

All of them knew who it was and that they need to give the villagers as much time as they could.

Because they didn´t need to actually tell them, because every dragon slayer heard Acnologias roar, dropped everything and run towards their homes to pack everything of importance and leave as fast as they could, of course with their families.

“Belserion”, said Challot while not looking away from the shade.

“Yes?”, answered Belserion.

“Take the children and the others and fly north, until you are out of Acnologias field of vision and fly than deeper into the peninsular. There is a complex labyrinth caves and you should be able hide from him there. We will give you and the others as much time as we can and will meet you there.”

“Are you sure?”

“We are sure. You are the weakest dragon out of our group and even if you stayed, you would not be able to pose much of a threat towards that monster. Besides, they need you more than we need you.”, said Emrissen.

The two of them were right.

Belserion was the weakest of the 8 dragons and was more specialized on magic, which was absolutely terrible for this fight and would mean that Belserion would not be much of a help in this fight.

“Good, I will bring them away, but if any of you die than I swear I will never forgive you guys.”, said Belserion while feeling down for not being able to help more.

“We have no intention to die here.”, said Igneel, while chuckling.

As Belserion flew to the ground to get the others, Grandeeney asked,” How good are our chances of survival really?”

“Completely honest? I have absolutely no idea. I don´t know how much he grew in the last three years, but if I had to guess I would say that it would be a miracle if any of us survived.”, said Igneel.

All of them laughed for a moment and then flew towards Acnologia.

 

Zeldaris, Aversia and the others watched as the 7 dragons flew in one direction.

But they didn´t had time to think, because Belserion landed beside them and said that they should get on his back.

“What about the villagers?”, asked Irene.

“We saw them rushing back home. The first are probably already finished and about to leave. Now get on my back. You guys need to grab your things and then we need to get out of here.”, said Belserion.

All of them agreed with Belserion´s statement and climbed on top of him.

Luckily Irene, Tia and Anna had most of their belongings at Challot´s, Emrissen´s and Vulcan´s house, since all three of them were basically almost living there and since a year ago, also now sleeping there.

Anna, Irene and Tia jumped off Belserion, before he even touched the ground and ran into the house.

Aversia, Zeldaris and the others were only a bit slower than the three women.

They hurried as fast as they could, but still took multiple minutes to pack everything.

And while they were packing, multiple dragons flew into the air, people sitting on their backs and holding whatever they could take with them and flew in every direction, except where the 7 dragons were fighting Acnologia.

Even from this distance, Belserion was able to hear the sounds of battle.

When the ten of them finally came out of the house, was Belserion anxious and was about to rip the roof of and grab everyone.

They hurried to put everything on top of Belserion and climbed then back up on top of him.

Belserion took of the second they were on and what they saw when they were in the air made everyone speechless.

The entire village was empty, only the sound of a few animals and the passing wind was heard.

Most animals were gone, blood was visible on the ground, but the fences were also destroyed, and many hove prints were visible.

As for the houses, a few of them had collapsed and others were damaged and had obvious claw marks.

Other houses and buildings were on fire, but it was unclear if was accidentally or not.

This drastic change of the village was devastating to all of them.

All of them burned the image of the abandoned into their hearts.

 

They flew for almost 12 hours when they finally arrived at the cave system.

All of them didn´t speak a single word on the way, none of them wanted to believe that it was real.

Irene and Tia had the grimmest expression.

They had now watched their homes being destroyed twice, first the castle of Dragnof, being destroyed by the enraged Challot and Emrissen and know their village, because of Acnologia.

 Irene and Tia tried to hold their surging emotions back, they were able to hold them back for the entire trip, but they were barely able to hold them back anymore.

Both of them grabbed their heads with their hands.

The others, who were getting the stuff from Belserions down, noticed this and Natsu and the other 4 dragon slayers wanted to rush toward them and help them, but they were stopped by Anna, Zeldaris and Aversia, who noticed their raging magic.

Images of Dragnof, the castle and the village flashed past Irene.

They then turned to ruins and Irene could hear the laughter of Rung and the roar of Acnologia.

The magic inside both Irene and Tia went absolute berserk and exploded.

Anna summoned both Aries and Scorpio in order to block it off.

Zeldaris and Aversia created two giant walls of chaos flames.

If they had reacted even a second later, than the magical explosion and the shockwave would have sent Anna, Natsu, Gajeel, Wendy, Sting and Rogue flying.

The four walls were barely able to hold the explosion back and were about to fall apert when it stopped and disappeared.

What stood in Irene´s and Tia´s place stood two dragons.

One had light-colored scales running all over its body.

It had a dark-colored fiery-man running down its back and arms, which also appears to be connected to her feathery wings.

While having three pairs of extensions from its jaw, it had a dark-colored wing-like design over its eyes that's complemented by two oval designs right above it, the bigger one on the bottom and the smaller one on top.

It also had them on its paws, four extending from the forearm and three on each finger.

There's a noticeable border above its nostrils that divides its mouth from its face, extending near the back of its head.

Finally, it had a pair of jagged horns extending from the base of its skull and feather-like scales extending from the back of its knees.

The second dragon was a bit shorter and smaller than the first dragon.

Its scales were of a dark blue with a hint of purple, that grew stronger the lower the scales grew and a light shade of black at the end of its body, claws, wings and etc.

Its body was leaner, and more petite compared towards the muscular body of a normal dragon.

But the smaller statue gave it a more graceful appearance and its two huge wings gave the illusion of the night sky.

Lastly, two horns grew at the back of the head.

Zeldaris and Aversia slowly and carefully walked in front of them, they walked slowly so that they would not surprise or startle them.

Both of them had witnessed many times the prosses of a dragon slayer turning into a dragon and knew that they would be confused and would attack when surprised or startled.

The two of them walked closer towards them and used the spell that Challot and Emrissen use.

Challot and Emrissen taught it them, after the first dragon slayer turned into a dragon.

The spell enveloped the two dragons and transformed back into their human form.

Irene and Tia had a pale face, but nothing else was out of place, except for one thing Tia´s hair.

The hair had now the same color than Tia´s scales.

As for clothes, both wore the same outfit that they wore before the transformation.

How that worked was a mystery to everyone, including the dragons, but it was a welcomed thing.

The two of them needed almost a minute to sort themselves together.

“So, it finally happened, huh?”, said Irene

“Yep, welcome to the monster club, there are no vacations and the working hours and pay is terrible.”, said Zeldaris in a half serious manner and tried to hold back his smile.

Irene giggled and said,” What a great honor. At least tell me there is a welcome party.”

“Let me search the surroundings for some ingredient’s and I will see what I can make out of it.”

While Zeldaris continued to talk and joke around with Irene, Aversia was doing the same thing with Tia.

Talking with them, like with a normal person, was an important part in calming them down.

It showed them that they were still themselves and still human.

The others came other as well.

After 10 minutes of talking did they continue with bringing everything down from Belserions back.

Belserion turned into his human form after everything was down and they walked into the cave system.

The caves were a natural labyrinth that has formed after thousands of years and it was easy to lose the way, but thanks to the sensitive senses of everyone, except Anna and Vulcan, were they able to find their goal, after a few dead ends and a few other entrances.

What they reached was a giant cave that was right under a mountain and there were only two entries.

The first was the way that they came from and the second one was a giant cave entry; it was big enough for a dragon.

“Why the hell did we go through this way when we could have gone through the front door!”, yelled Aversia when she saw the other cave.

“Do you know where the main entrance is, because I don’t know where it is and it is only good if we know our way inside it.”, said Irene.

“It still took us more than 10 hours to reach this place.”, said Natsu.

“Yeah, we have being wandering in these stinking caves for all this time.”, agreed Gajeel.

They were about to discuss further, when they heard footsteps coming from the entrance.

It was Challot, Emrissen and the other dragons, they were heavily injured, and blood covered almost their entire body.

With them was a young man, he had black spiky hair and black eyes.

He wore a black and white robe.

His expression was one of loneliness and sadness.

Zeldaris and Aversia tensed up the second that they saw him, because he was the second energy source that they could feel, besides Acnologia.

“Hello there. My name is Zeref.”, said the young man.

Hello there, thank you very much for reading and i hope you enjoyed it.

Finally no more School stuff that i have to do, 

Our heroes suddenly meat Zeref, what will happen?

Also i have been wondering, what kind of magic would you like to have when you lived in the world of Fairy Tail?

Personaly, i would like to have a summoning or monster tamer magic. Similar to Lucys Celestial Spirit Magic, but with a mix from 'Charm of Soul Pets' and 'Long Live Summons'.

But what kind of magic would you guys want to have?

Anyway, i will see you in the next chapter, bye.

25