Chapter 35: Mirajanes decission
812 0 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two decided to go back to the guild and officially finish the request.

But they sill did one last thing bore they left and was to place a barrier on the mansion, using their knowledge on enchantments.

They did it for two reasons, the first was that they were not sure if all members of the group were present when they arrived, if some of them were away from the mansion, then they would soon return and make the mansion theirs again.

The second reason was to make sure that no one else had access to the mansion, although the chance was small that someone would try to enter the mansion while they were gone, but they wanted to be sure.

 

The moment that they entered the guild, where they were greeted by a flame cladded flying kick from Natsu.

Zeldaris and Aversia easily dodged that attack and Natsu flew right passed them.

Using the opportunity Zeldaris grabbed Natsu by his neck and hold him up.

Natsu was trying to escape the grip, but he was unable to free himself no matter what he did.

“Why did you guys go on a fob without me, you promised that we would go together.”

“I am sorry Natsu, we were looking at the request board when we found a request that would solve one of our problems and you were not ready to go on a job. Tell you what, you can choose the next request that and we will go on it together. Ok?”, said Aversia.

Natsu calmed down a bit and agreed, but he was still angry.

Zeldaris put Natsu down and both half dragons noticed the weird atmosphere in the guild.

Most of the members were sitting at the tables and looked quiet down.

Erza had a slice of strawberry cake before her, but was only gripping strongly her fork, her face was showing a mix of emotions. (AN: You know something is wrong if Erza won´t eat her strawberry cake)

After looking around for a bit did they found Lisanna and surprisingly Elfman as well.

Both of them were sitting at a table alone, their expressions were the gloomiest in the guild.

Aversia and Zeldaris asked them what happened and why was looking so down.

“Big Sis Mira and Big Bro Elf just came here, and Mira said that she was quitting the guild. Master is talking with her right now.”

“What! Why?”, shouted both of them at the same time.

Lisanna wanted to answer that, but the sound of footsteps came from upstairs and soon both Mirajane and Master Makarov came down.

Mixed feelings could be seen on her face.

Makarov jumped onto the railing and coughed to get everyone’s attention.

“As most of you probably know already, Mirajane retired from her job as wizard of the guild. But she will continue her work at the guild as a staff member, starting tomorrow and I hope that every single one of you will support her.”, he looked at every single member while saying that, until his eyes landed on Zeldaris and Aversia.

“Zeldaris, Aversia, I would like to talk with you two in my office.”

Makarov jumped down from the railing and walked back upstairs.

Aversia and Zeldaris walked upstairs and patted Mirajane´s shoulder, when they passed her.

What they didn´t see was that this little gesture put a little smile on her face.

As they arrived at Makarov´s office, stood Makarov beside his desk and was looking outside the window.

“I heard that you two took the request for the old mansion and now that you have completed it belongs the mansion to you. The papers and the keys are on the desk, but that is not the reason for calling you here. The reason that I wanted to talk with you is Mirajane and reason why she quit being a wizard.”

Aversia and Zeldaris were a bit confused why he wanted to talk about that with them, but they continued to listen and her what he had to say.

“Mirajane is apparently no longer able to use her Take Over Magic. I suspect that the reason for this is a trauma, to be more specific a trauma from her last job, where Lisanna almost died. Magic is influenced by feelings; it is a living being that is connected with our hearts and that is why Mirajane needs to overcome it if she wants to use her Take Over Magic again.”

He further explained that Zeldaris and Aversia were the ones that had the best chance of helping Mirajane in overcoming that trauma, since it was the two of them that saved Lisanna and Elfman.

Makarov also reassured them that the entire guild would help them and continued to talk with them about it.

In the end he agreed that it had to be Mirajane that had to make the first step and that it will some time until she would do so.

 

The next few days were spent in three different ways, working at the mansion, doing jobs alone, with Natsu and Happy or with Elfman and Lisanna; or spending time at the guild.

Mirajane´s first day as a staff member, was a bit weird, the reason for that was the dress that she wore and her drastic change in personality.

It was a dark red dress that was far more feminine then what she usually wore, her hair was no longer in a ponytail and was freely reaching down to her waist and her tomboyish attitude was almost completely gone and she was more friendly.

It also seemed that a great burden had been removed from her shoulders.

Those changes were frightening for everyone.

Most of her conversations with the members were a bit awkward, but Lisanna, Elfman, Aversia and Zeldaris were always nearby and ready to help her.

The first job that Natsu, Happy, Aversia and Zeldaris did, was a monster extermination request, a pack of giant wolfs disrupted the trading routes of multiple villages.

It was a simple and easy job for them, and they had fun to let loose a little and spent time with their little brother.

Natsu, Happy, Lisanna, Elfman and Mirajane also helped Aversia and Zeldaris with the mansion and some of the other members came sometimes to, mostly to see the progress.

The two half dragons also became more acquainted with more of the members.

Natsu´s best friend/rival Gray Fullbuster, who used Ice Maker Magic.

Both of them thought that the two were good friends, because of the squabbles between the two, which reminded them of Natsu´s relationship with Gajeel.

The guild´s biggest drinker Cana Alberona, who used Card Magic.

Fairy Tail´s gunslinger pair Alzack Connell and Bisca Mulan, Alzack used Guns Magic and Bisca used magic firearms.

(AN: I am to lazy to describe them, most of you know who they are anyway and those that don´t will have to google it.)

Their relationship with Erza became much better, especially after she found out that the two were blacksmiths and the three of them would sometimes talk about weapons and armors for hours.

Erza showed them almost all of her weapons and armors and they discussed over possible improvements, but those had to wait until Vulcan would join the guild.

But the two of them spent most of their time with either Natsu or the Strauss siblings.

Most of the time, they would be at the bar and talk with Mirajane or sit at a table with Elfman and Lisanna.

Their progress at the Mansion was going better than they could have hopped, most of the overgrown vegetation had already been removed, which was not really surprising, since Aversia and Zeldaris were basically walking talking flamethrowers.

They found a company that was willing to renovate the mansion and the work was going smoothly.

 

It was now early December and almost every member of the guild was acting like they had fire under their feet.

They were doing jobs at a fast rate and would immediately take a new one the second that they finished one.

Aversia and Zeldaris were sitting at the bar and watching the situation, while wondering what was wrong with everyone.

“Actually it´s always like this at this time of the year, because the S-Class trial for this year is about to be announced.”, said Mirajane, who was standing behind the counter and was cleaning some glasses.

“Everyone becomes frantic before the trial and take as many jobs as they can, in believe that it will increase their chances to be selected.”, said Erza, who was sitting right beside them and was eating some cake.

The S-Class trial was a longstanding tradition of the guild and would be held at the end of the year.

The trial was never the same, but always very difficult and would require everything from the selected members.

Currently there were only 3 active S-Class members in the guild Erza, Laxus, who was also the grandson of the guild master Makarov and a man called Guildarts, who was on a job for more than a year now.

Mirajane was also a S-Class wizard, before she retired and she and Erza were bitter rivals who would fight almost daily.

But that was now over and the two were getting along quite well now, although there was sometimes a sad smile on Erza´s face.

 

It was now the 10th December and Makarov would finally reveal who would take the trial.

Makarov was standing on the railing again.

Mirajane, Zeldaris, Aversia and Erza were sitting at the bar again, Mirajane and Erza were explaining how the members for this trial were selected and the process in general.

“Since long ago this has been Fairy Tail´s custom and now the announcement of the participants in the S-Class wizard promotion trial. The venue for this year´s trial is will be Mt. Hakobe. Strength.. Heart… Soul….. I have been watching for each of these things this past year. There will be 6 participants. Mystogan, Canna Alberona ….”, he continued to list the other participants and told them to ready themselves, because they would go in less than a week.

Many people were disappointed that they were not chosen for the trial this year, including Natsu and Gray.

Aversia and Zeldaris were happy that they were not chosen, because they had far more important things to deal with and one of them would force them to travel back to Clover Town.

Hello there thank you very much for reading and i hope you enjoyed it.

I just had the drive to write today, i have absolutely no idea if i am going to write a chapter tomorrow or not.

Yeah, Mirajane is going to have a trauma, but a slightly different one than in cannon.

Also, yeah Monster Hunter Rise is out and i have somewhat mixed feelings about it, mostly possitive.

I am a bit dissapointed by the roster of monsters, but to be fair that was to be expected after mhgu, but still, there are way to many missing, including supsp and that there are no deveants, because i really loved the concept of them in gen and gu.

I am happy with the weapons and love the two companion types.

Anyway, i will see you in the next chapter, bye.

30