Chapter 37: The Magic Council
788 4 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Surprise

The group walked back to Clover Town and on the way they also found Natsu.

Natsu was hanging upside down from a tree and was unconscious.

Aversia and Zeldaris were still angry at him, so they decided to get him down by letting Natsu falling down the tree, by hitting the tree.

Zeldaris then picked Natsu up and carried him like a sack of potatoes over his shoulders.

When they arrived at the house, was Natsu still unconscious, so they lied him into a bed.

Mirajane, Aversia and Zeldaris sat down at a table and the two half dragons told Mirajane as much as they could.

How they were half dragon half human, that their two sides were in an eternal conflict and that their draconic side had to be sealed away and that they were trying to gain control over it.

It was quite a lot for Mirajane to digest and it took her quite some time.

But in the end, she was happy that the two of them told her about their situation.

Aversia and Zeldaris had never intended to hide their identity or hide what they were and their past, they simply saw no use in it.

Of course, there were things that they had to hide, like the time travel part and the whole dragon inside dragon slayer part, but when it came to themselves, then they would not hide anything.

Time past and soon everyone was tired and went to bed.

The next day, they decided to return to the guild.

Vulcan accompanied them to the train station and said his goodbyes to the group.

Aversia and Zeldaris promised that they would visit him again soon and that it would be more normal.

Their trip back to the guild was uneventful, except the usual Natsu problem.

Back in the guild, were they greeted by Erza, who was standing next to the bar and was looking over everyone.

She was taking the watching over the guild part a bit to serious and or literal, to the suffering of everyone else.

Mirajane, Aversia and Zeldaris tried to distract her with some cake and the story of their visit to Clover Town.

Erza was really torn apart between her duties and the cake, but in the end lost to temptation and curiosity.

But this was only a temporary distraction and Erza went back to looking over the guild, the second she finished the cake and the three were finished with their story, Aversia and Zeldaris didn´t tell her about the fact that they were half dragons, because they wanted to wait for a better moment to tell her.

The three tried to chill Erza down a bit, but all of their attempts were unsuccessful. (AN: It´s Erza, what do you expect.)

Fortunately for them, Makarov and the others came back in the afternoon, together with Elfman and Lisanna, who they met on the way.

Makarov thanked Erza for looking over the guild and announced the winner of the trial.

The winner was Mystogan, who left the group on the way back.

(Is he shy or socially awkward or why does he try so hard to be away from anyone else!), was what both of them thought.

But they decided to stop thinking about this and started to listen to the stories that the others were telling about the trial.

 

Meanwhile at the Ishgar Headquarters of the Magic Council, the council members were talking about a recent attempt at stealing one of the magical artifacts, that they were storing.

The Magic Council was an organization that was ruling over the entire world of magic.

Every continent had it´s own branch of the council and every branch had its own council that governed over the continent.

Each council had it´s own way of governing over the magic world of its respective continent and had a different hierarchy branch system.

The council ruled over every legal guild and was responsible for the actions of mages.

Ishgar was considered a continent and had its own branch of the Magic Council.

The headquarter of this branch was located in the town of Era, which was a town in Fiore.

The Magic Council of Ishgar had a branch in every country, including Fiore.

Although, the council had a lot of power in Ishgar, it still had to answer to the head quarter of the organization and had to work with the kingdoms together.

The item that had been attempted to be stolen was a broken sword.

The sword was originally found over 400 years ago in a forest, in the western part of Ishgar and the Magic Council got it around 100 years ago.

Only the hilt and a short part of the blade were left of the sword were left of it.

No one knows who found it or who made it, which gave the council a giant headache, even to this day, because something like it had never been seen and to this day they were unable to figure out how it was made.

“Do we know who tried to steal the artifact and why?”, said the current chairman of the council Gran Doma.

“We were able to confirm that the thieves were followers of a cult of Zeref. The reason for their attempt was that they believed that Zeref created the sword and that it was a key that would lead them to him, but we doubt that Zeref created this sword since it is from a time were Zeref was already dead.”, said another member of the council.

“Another reason is that the sword piece is not a cursed object and as far as we can tell its purpose isn´t to slaughter people. Also, the emblem on the hilt isn´t on any other objects that Zeref created.”, said a third member.

“I agree with you two, but that leaves the question, why this cult thinks that this sword was made by Zeref?”, said Gran Doma.

“I believe that we have an information leak, through which the cult was informed about it. Through that information they concluded that only their god would be able to forge such a sword and tried to steal it. This of course, is only speculation, but it would explain how they knew where to find it and a few other things.”, said a man called Siegrain.

“Indeed, that would make sense.”, said another member.

Gran Doma thought for a moment, the resent activities of these cults were disturbing and the fact that they had different believes made their actions unpredictable.

Add to that the activities of the members of the Balam Alliance and the rapid increase of dark guilds, made the chairman at unease.

 

Back in the guild, Aversia and Zeldaris were astound at the stories that the participants of the trail were telling.

They got the feeling that the master was a bit of a sadist when it came to the trials and the fact that he supposedly enjoying their struggles supported their opinion.

The two of them were so absorbed into the stories that they didn´t notice that the door of the guild were opened, and the other members started to fall asleep.

Aversia and Zeldaris noticed this only after they and the people that they were talking with, were affected by the magic.

The spell was initially almost strong enough to put them to sleep, but their bodies started to absorb the spell and the effects were getting weaker and weaker, the two looked at the entrance and found a cloaked person.

He was wearing a dark blue cloak and his limbs were bandaged, his head and face were covered by a dark blue bandana, with a silver forehead protector, and a green mask.

Multiple magic staves were hanging behind his back.

Aversia and Zeldaris were about to attack him, but Makarov stopped them and told them that this was Mystogan.

But the two of them were still vigilant against him.

Mystogan walked toward the second floor, where the request board for S-Class jobs were, only staff members, the guild master and S-Class members were allowed to go on the second floor.

After picking a request, he walked back downstairs and told Makarov that he would take that request.

“Before you go, could you please lift the spell, that you casted?”, asked Makarov, while drinking his beer.

Mystogan nodded and begun to count down from three, the spell was dispelled after he reached zero.

Most of the members were cursing Mystogan, who apparently did this every time he came to pick a request.

“Aversia and Zeldaris, I would like to talk with you for a second in my office again.”

Thank you very much for reading and i hope you enjoyed it.

A bit earlier than usual, but there is a little problem. I will propably not be able to post a chapter this sunday, because i am going to my mother in Lübeck for easter for brunch. I am going to try and post a chapter monday.

I made a list of shipps that i would not change, confirmed harem members, possible members and those that i won´t ad no matter what, but i added that one day after i posted chapter 36, because someone asked me to make the list.

In short i will only destroy Erza x Jellal and won´t destroy any other cannon ships, that we know of. Confirmed members are Aversia, Mirajane and Erza. Possible members are Lisanna, Canna, Seilah Ultear, Meredy and Minerva, can still be changed. 

I wish you all a happy easter and i will see you in the next chapter, bye.

26