Chapter 5
57 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I made my way back to the park I kept to the shadows using my nose to find Hoshi. Upon finding her I put an illusion on as I run-up to her with the card in my illusioned hand so what do you what to eat? After making it to the nearby diner Hoshi waited out back for an hour with me so I get back some energy to form an illusion over myself. As we walk in and sit at a booth she turns to me saying "if you let the illusion fall off of a part of your body that no one can see then the other parts will last longer." Tossing a large hoodie at me where did you get this "I found it" as I put it on I pulled the hood up as I dropped the illusion on my ears and chest I decided to do my feet as well because of the table it took a little longer to shift the illusion but I managed to do it. As we look at the menu the waitress comes over and takes our orders and leaves as we sit in silence when another waitress comes running up to us with a tablecloth.

 

As she throws the cloth over my lap I look at her what was that for? She looks at me like I'm crazy "don't you know you are not to show your monster body in public?" We both shack our heads no "oh so you are not registered monster?" Registered monster on why is that important? "All new monsters need to be registered at the MID." What is MID? "MID stands for monsters incorporation department and all monsters have to go there." she shows hers to me it was a silver bracelet ”it can come in any form.”

 

How do we get there as the waitress smells she tells us that we can feel it all you have to do is close your eyes and focus and you should see it. I think it over for a minute before I try it at first there nothing but darkness as I focus more on the darkness there's a pull in a certain direction as open my eyes the feeling is still there.

 

Turning to the waitress I ask her I feel it but why do it this way not just put up fliers or something? The waitress laughs ”because they don't want humans to walk in it for monsters only.” Thanking her as the food came out watching Hoshi try eating pancakes was funny as I mindless want about eating my as well after we ate we left the diner and headed out to the MID building but had to stop for an hour to recover my energy Hoshi turned to me "you need more training."

 

Once we got to the building it looks like a run-down old office building as I look at Hosh in confusion as she says "that is a very impressive illusion spell." Illusion spell you can see through it "no but you can see the waves in the image if you look closely." Heading into the building was a large lobby with a counter at the far end of the lobby. All types of monsters were walking, flying, and shifting in the lobby. As we make our way to counter there was so much noise it hurt my ears from the different noises from of the monsters and the clicking of the claws typing on the computers and all the smells it's like an animal barn mixed with a junk pile times ten holding my nose we head up to the counter the office worker looks up "welcome how may I help you."

 

Hello, we have to register for a MID band "Oh ok if you will just fill out these forms we can get the proses started." Taking the clipboards from the employee we make our way to the seats I look at the paper we have to fill out. It's asking for my name, birth date, species, address, dietary habits. I was able to fill out all the information except for the species part thinking it over and over again till it hit me I put down werefox.

 

The hardest part of the form was when it asked were you born or turned. That is when I felt a pain in his chest for the first time as I hold it in as I wrote the events down that lead to my current status. Once I was done Hoshi an I took the clipboards back to the counter. Handing them to the lady she looks over to me and then handed me a copy of my form and sent me to a room down a separate hallway. Turning around to look at Hoshi the office worker tells me to go on ahead she is going to another room.

2