School
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We arrived at the school in about 4 hours. however, it seemed shorter maybe it was because I kept falling asleep. That could actually be it. The school honestly look like the school from ‘Harry Potter.’ Which was pretty amazing. Students were walking passed in uniform. The colors seemed to be gold for the girls and gray for the boys.

I’m so excited right now, While I was looking out the window, looking at pretty much everything that moves. Jim was getting my stuff from the trunk. I would of help but I was into much of a trance to help. I saw one kid fly and land on the left side of the yard, with a black suitcase and white backpack. A squirrel was on his shoulder. That must be his Partner.

So very cool, I can’t wait to see who my partner is. I wonder what kind of animal he or she will be. I think a dog would be awesome, or maybe a cat. Like what witches back in the day used to have all the time. I never really understood the whole cat thing, but whatever floats their boats.

Jim came around to my side of the car to open the door for me. “Thank you,” I said while setting out of the car. It finally hit me that this was the place where I’d be staying for 3 years. I couldn’t wait to see my dorm and meet my dormmates. I wonder what the food is like? I hope I make friends. I hope my teachers sort of kind of like me.

“Your welcome,” Jim says while smiling at me. He closes the car door, and I reach down to get my luggage, but he stops me. “Hazel, why don’t I give you a quick and easy magic lesson.” I tilt my head at him.

He starts to point at my luggage and says “Go to room 523 when you get more experienced you should be able to tell things where to go, this is great when you want to get out of chores.” He said winking to me as my luggage went to my dorm I’m guessing.

“How was that a spell?′ I asked he didn’t say anything that sounded the way a spell should. It didn’t even sound like a charm. He just kind of spoke to it, and it moved.

“Words hold power.” He said with a smile. “Now come on let’s go get your class schedule, and then get some food in you. That was a long flight and car ride.” Jim spoke the magic word.

Food

I didn’t really realize it until he said it but I was so hungry. We started walking toward the school doors, went through this magical gate of some sort. I took a deep breath and started sneezing.

I knew I was forgetting something.

It hurts so much. I could feel the tears running down my face. My head hurts, my nose hurts too. I’ve never been in this much pain before. I thought back to the plane ride here, it was nothing compared to what I was feeling right now. My hands were barely covering my nose as I was sneezing. I fell to my knees. My vision started to go black. I felt something wet on my hands as I pulled them away from my nose.

Blood.

‘This isn’t good.’ I thought as I felt my body hit the ground and sight go black.

_________

I woke up, in an all white room, except for an all black door that was in front of me. My headache was gone. I put a hand to my nose to check if I was still bleeding. To my relief, I wasn’t I let out a sigh. I felt like I could have died from the pain. As I was making sure I was really okay, and thanking my lucky stars. The black door opened, and a woman stepped inside the room. She had long fiery red hair, that was curled at the ends of it, and light brown eyes. I was sitting up in bed, so I couldn’t really see how tall she was.

She was wearing a light blue suit, and black heels. She smiled at me sadly before opening her mouth. “Hazel, How are you feeling? You gave us all quite the scare.” I tried to smile big but it came as a grimace. “Better thank you, What happened?” I asked. She took a seat at the end of the bed and took my hand that was closest to her’s and held my hand in her as to calm me in the matter.

“It was your gift. I suppose there were too many supernaturals, I don’t think your gift as ever been around this many before, you weren’t strong enough and passed out, because of the pain. I placed a little spell on you to help, but it’s not a long-term solution.” She said sadly.

I didn’t know what to say. My gift could have killed me. It almost did.. I think she knew I was struggling to find the right words to say, to ask even.

She let go of my hand to get reach into her pocket and then pulled out a little green box. “However, this will make having your gift a little more bearable. When the spell wears off, I only ask that you keep this with you until your magic as grown more powerful.” She takes off the lid from the green box and shows me a little silver bracelet inside. “This will make sure you only sneeze the first couple of times you are near a new supernatural.” I looked at her confused.

“You know how Jim is a vampire right?” I nodded.

“How many times did you sneeze to find out he was a vampire?” She asked me. “Three,” I replied, still not knowing where this was going. “Say you see another vampire, You’ll sneeze once instead of three times. Because you’ve already seen the one vampire. Do you get it now?” She explained to me.

“I think so,” I spoke, a little unsure.

“When you get more powerful, your gift will be naturally like this.” She said smiling at me, not so sad this time. She took my hand once again, to place the silver bracelet on my right wrist. I felt a little spark when the bracelet clasped on me. I let out a deep breath I’d kind of been holding in. “She jumped up and clapped her hands together. “How do you feel now?”

“Weird but better,” I said with a small smile. “Now that that’s over with, where am I? and what about my classes and things like that,” I asked her, I was probably talking too fast, for her to understand me when I get worried I talk a little too fast.

“Hazel, chill. Everything is fine. Today is only the pre-first day, tomorrow is the real start. Today is just where you find out about your dorm and dormmates. Heck, half of the student’s and staff aren’t even here yet. You’ve got time.” She said trying to calm me down.

I guess, it’s good I chose to come today instead of tomorrow. Well, I didn’t really choose anything. My parents filled out all the paperwork. They probably knew something like this would happen.

“You are in a healing room, I’m Jess a healer, and you’ve been healed, so I guess I did my job right,” She said with a chuckle and smiled, her brown eyes seemed to sparkle with happiness.

0