Sneezed to meet you
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What do you think vegan zombies eat?” a girl said as I walked into my dorm room, I’d like to assume she’s my roommate mostly because she’s the only one in the room, she’s currently sitting on a bed to the right side of the room talking on her cellphone. I took that to mean the left side of the room was mine. When she saw me step into the room she quickly waved at me.

“Hey, my new roomy just showed up, I’ll talk to you later.” With that, she hangs up her cell phone, gets off her bed and walks over to me, to stand directly in front of me.

“Welcome, I’m Luna.” she then stretches her hand out towards me, I put my hand into hers to shake it, as I doing that I realize I haven’t sneezed once since I’ve been in the room with her meaning she’s a witch as well. That’s so awesome. I as I let go of her hand I smile and say “Hi I’m Hazel.”

she lets my hand go. “It’s nice to meet you. would it be weird to assume your a witch like me.” she asks me looking at me with her bight blue eyes,

“Nope, I’m actually really glad my roommate is a witch, I don’t know how I’d act if you were a different supernatural creature, not that it would be weird or anything. maybe I just wouldn’t be able to hold in my excitement with the whole always being around so many humans or something.” I said with one huge breath.

Luna looked at me for a second before laughing and saying “Woah. and here I thought you would be the quiet one out of the two of us. Hey is this your first stop?.”

I blinked at her a little before saying and twidling my thumbs “Not really, I checked out the nurse’s office first.” I said looking away from her.

Luna suddenly gasped at me. “Your the girl who fainted in front of the school a few hours ago.” she said, I could tell if she was looking at me because my head was turned but I’d assume she was.

I felt my head dip and I swallowed a little before saying “yeah.”

Luna moved to kneel in front of me, “That really scared some people, few people thought someone put a curse on you or something. What happened? If you don’t mind me asking.”

“It’s my gift, I don’t know how to, I just don’t know.” I looked at her, I didn’t know how or want to say about it, It wasn’t like it was something I couldn’t control that wasn’t it, it was more like I wasn’t strong enough.

“I get it, my gift is kind an asshole too.” Luna said softly to me,

“It just takes practice and getting stronger to handle it.” I nodded at her,

“yeah the nurse gave me this bracelet.” I said while holding my wrist out to her.

“That’s nice, what exactly is your gift, ya know since we’re talking about it,” Luna asked

“I can sneeze out supernatural creatures, it’s kind of cool talking about it but it’s a whole different ball when your actually experiencing it,” I said to her, Luna suddenly stood up and moved a little more into the room,

“I get what you mean.” she bit the left side of her cheek, held out her hand as if she was reaching for something. I tilted my head at her. I saw something move from the corner on my eye to see, a green stuff Lizard flies into her waiting hand. I felt my mouth drop, I quickly closed and was about to say something however she spoke first.

“Little things like this are easy, but when I get sad or angry, that when the real trouble begins, I just can’t control it, but this is nothing to want some of the other students to have to go through.” She said to me holding the lizard close to her.

I was going to say something but she continued to speak.

“Enough of this sad talk, Let me show you the dining hall, so you know where to get food and all that good stuff.” She said placing the lizard on a chair I hadn’t noticed until now, she turned to leave the room, but before I went to follow her I wanted to look around the room at first.

There were two beds, one on each side of the room. at the end of the bed, there were desks and a table in the middle of the room with small chairs surrounding it. it seemed pretty cozy, I took out my phone and quickly send a picture to my family before I forgot. This dimension has amazing service.

“Hazel come on, we should enjoy the dinning all before all the other students get here,” Luna called to me from the hall. “Coming,” I yelled back to her and started to walk out of the room.

_____________

We made it into the dining hall, and I can honestly say I like the dorm room better, why because I wasn’t sneezing in there.

“ACHOO!! ACHOO!! ACHOO!!” I had sneezed about 20 times different time at this point, I was surrounded by a little more than 40 students, which was fine thanks to this bracelet nurse Jess gave me, about four sneezes for a were-creature, as I got more in control with my gift I’d be able to tell which exactly were-creature it is, five sneezes is a fairy, they aren’t nearly as small as I’d imagine. apparently, they can change their size it a defense mechanism, six is for mermaids, they’re pretty rare even for this school.

Luna told me the school has an underwater section for them, but as I’m told they don’t really socialize with different species, because even though this is a place to learn, doesn’t mean everyone gets along. Vampires and werewolves fight all the time here, big shocker there.

Eight sneezes is a banshee and nine is a Leprechaun apparently they grow about the same height as human do and when they turn a certain age the shrink they usually have red or black hair and beautiful green eyes. I’m finding out that if the supernatural creature seems at a high power level I sneeze more, more maybe I’m over thinking this and the number has nothing to do with anything.

“HELLO!” Luna shouted at me while waving a hand in front of my face.

“Does she do that a lot?” Brett asked, he’s one of ten male born banshees, that goes to this school, banshees are usually female, meeting him is a real honor. Luna looked to him.

“I don’t know, I legit met her like an hour ago.” she said to him, while shugging she shoulders.

“sorry, I was thinking and I don’t do that a lot.” I said sheepishly a while lying about the end bit, they didn’t need to know that.

“She’s lying.” A girl said as she was walking past the table we were currently sitting at, and went to sit at her own table she looked like a real life barbie doll, I mean that in the nicest way.

“That’s Mackenzie O’Brien, she’s basically a lie detector,” Brett said, as he finished his sandwich.

“What? Exactly is she though.” I was kind of confused, I didn’t sneeze once, that’s weird, right?

“She’s one of the gifted, she’s human. that’s probably why you didn’t sneeze.” Luna said, oh wow I’ve never met a gifted before that’s cool, this is entire school is school.

“Hey, did you two get your class schedule yet?” Brett asked us, Luna and I looked at each other before looking back at him

“Brett that’s literally the first thing we got.” Brett’s eyes went wide and he stood from the table immediately started running out of the dinning hall to get his schedule, he yelled ’“bye” and was gone. It took Luna and me about a second to burst out laughing.

“Come on, I’ll introduce you to a few friends, and then we should probably unpack and set up the dorm. so, we can get it out of the way.”

__________

Luna and I were at her friend’s dorm about to knock when we heard “You’re lucky you have a date at all. you’ll wear what I tell you to wear!” Luna let out a small laugh, before just going ahead and opening the door anyway, inside the room were two girls and a guy they all looked a bit older than me.

I let out a small sneeze, and was able to tell the guy was a werewolf, I looked to the side to see a girl was laying down on the bed to the left side of the room looking at the guy and the girl standing in the middle of the room, they were having a stare down. Luna grabbed my hand and lead me closer to the girl laying down.

“What’d we miss?” Luna asked the girl and pulled me to sit down with her on the floor, all while we could still get a good look at the fight happening in front of us.

" Zeric got Avalon a date this weekend with Carter Mathew’s.” The girl said, Luna looked impressed, “How’d that happen?”

“I’m not entirely sure.” the girl said rolling on her back and looking up at the ceiling.

“Ugh, you’re unbelievable,” Avalon said crossing her arms and looking at the girl on the bed and probably just realizing that we were in the room.

“Luna! Zeric is being a jerk.” Avalon wined at her.

“Sorry but he’s right you have no idea how to dress cute.” Avalon’s mouth dropped.

“Mandy, you’re on my side right?” Avalon asked, looking at the girl on the bed, whose name I just found is Mandy.

“It’s whatever, I say let her wear whatever she wants if she wants to go on her first date dressed as a farmer let her,” Mandy says with a laugh.

“Dressed like a farmer,” Avalon said quietly, she was making a sad face and pouting her lips. she quickly turned to Zeric and walked over to him, grabbed the outfit in his hand and walked into the bathroom connected to the room.

Did we have a bathroom in our dorm? I’ve gotta check when we get back later.

“You think we were a little harsh on her?” Luna asked, “I mean if he really likes her, he’ll like her no matter what she wears.” Luna continued.

“True, but honestly,” Zeric says but stops to look at the bathroom door to make sure it’s still closed before walking over to us, “I just did this to mess with Carter,” He says with a knowing smirk.

“No way!” Mandy says as she rolls back to her side with a huge smile.

“How is that possible?” Luna asked

“Apparently, since he’s been attending this school, he’s had a witch block the bond, so he could focus on his studies or something,” Zeric says as he rolls his eyes.

“I’m so confused,” I stated looking at them weirdly. Zeric tiled his head at me and Mandy just giggled, Luna leaned closer to me and whispered: “They’re mates.”

Mates, short for soulmates. It was a term mostly used by werewolves, but anyone is Destin for one.

I felt my eyes widen, and I slapped a hand over my mouth and removed it a little and said, “That’s so cute.”

0