Cap 3 – Awake
37 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the kingdom of Akasty, in a mountainous region, in a town without a name, in one of its bustling streets, I was walking, I still remember Eline's smile on her face while she saw the shops, she walked while she saw the windows of the vendors on the way I grabbed the hands of Eline a young woman with black hair like the abyss with her beautiful features like my brother and, her mother, I was a man of about 80 with a long and unkempt beard, with a short white hair with my beard characteristic of a sage, he seemed a bit fat compared to my brother Bernard's soldiers and from high to the top I was reaching the limit of the door so I wouldn't know how to say, while I saw Eline getting lost in her thoughts I said with a smile.

-So, that was the last thing that interested you in your travels before reaching your old man's place- I said with a warm and loving smile towards Eline, she answered me happy as always.

-I saw my grandfather's records in the library, they were all dusty, but you know, you know I could read them, and I read that in his youth they told him a story about something about reaching a pinnacle, you know, you know I am interested because I did not understand what it meant pinnacle, do you know what the pinnacle is? - she said as her eyes shone with a smile plastered on her face in the hope that something she could not discover would answer her.

-oh… so my father heard such a story? - I remember my father was a blacksmith who strongly believed that you could create a better weapon than a magic weapon with just your hammer and without any mana.

-Hmm- I grumble as I caress my beard, but remembering the conversation I try to remember what my father had said -Well if I remember correctly the pinnacle is reaching the limit of something specific, or to put it simply, reaching the top.

-Reaching the top, something ?, reaching the top of the mountain counts- Eline said confused

I laugh out loud and answer softly - No, no silly girl- I said as I touched her nose and she pouted saying -I'm not stupid- that got me up again and laughed again while making a sad face - ¿ Did you forget what I taught you last time? You have to at least try to understand what I am saying before asking. - I tell him

"Sure," she replied, exasperated from so many times that she had reminded him of something that he would always forget later.

-Well, good to answer you, it's easy to see, for example, let's compare Uncle Lu's bread with Uncle Harry's bread, which one do you think is closer to the word pinnacle? - I said

"Obviously Uncle Lu's, Uncle Harry's tastes a little grounded," he said as he stuck his tongue out

- AJAJAJAJ, Uncle Harry doesn't hear you- I said while coughing with fear that I would not sell myself out of rancor if I heard it, so I tried to change the subject quickly - but well you don't see how simple it is when you try to understand before asking.

-Well- she said as she put on a thoughtful face and stroked her chin trying to imitate my beard in an adorable way, I couldn't help but smile

-Hey, hey man if you know what it is, have you reached it?

As soon as I heard it, I felt the emotion of my youth years when I spoke with my brother about helping him to be king, with that nostalgia I said happy - How do you think I have achieved it ... you esteem your uncle very much, what do you think I am good at At least be able to reach it? - She seemed to realize and think that I am good, I got a little angry but I did not comment anything since she is my beautiful Eline, then after a while she said- Oh man, if I remember correctly you were good at magic - When he said that emotion rose again, I felt my heart beating to discover something exciting, so with that emotion I told him while laughing out loud and gently stroking his head.

-Of course I am, don't you know that your uncle is the best magician in the world?

-Are you sure? The last time with my father I saw a magician, build a house in seconds, can you do that man? - She said skeptically, perhaps remembering that I only showed her a spell that anyone can do later to train 1 week.

"First you don't remember what I teach you, and then you don't trust your uncle?" - I said looking at her sadly.

"Really?" She said with still doubt.

-Of course ask your father if you don't believe me- I say with confidence that Bernard did not betray me

She seemed to believe it, but then confusion returned to her face and she asked me again.

-But uncle, if you are the best magician in the world, how could you not have reached the pinnacle? - She said still with her penetrating gaze of doubt.

"Oh, you're right," I said as I tapped my hand on my palm as I realized my mistake, but thinking about it, I might never make it, after all I was already 80 years old.

As she thought she was laughing happily at winning this round and said:

-Hey uncle, my father taught me that we can make promises and to have an unforgettable memory of someone, I don't want to forget you, so let's make a

promise that you will reach the pinnacle for the next time I see you yes? - she said with her innocent smile full of hope, but I remember that today will be her last time here, she will go with my brother to the other continent to visit her mother.

-Oh Eline- I said while crying and smiling, I clenched my teeth when I realized the nonsense I was about to do

- I also want to remember you forever my pretty Eline, I promise you for everything that exists and will exist in time itself as well as in the space of emptiness, that I will reach the pinnacle- I said with my deep voice when I was hard to say those words, while he swore to heaven and earth with resolve.

She laughed and answered with her cute smile

- Me too, uncle, I promise I'll be back- he said as he hugged me.

After that I laughed at her cuteness as I saw that the journey from my house to the exit of the town was faster than I thought, so I noticed Bernard with his carriage waiting for Eline

-Oh what do you hear you laugh so much? - said Bernard

- Ahahaha, it's a secret Bernard- I said happily

-Well hahaha, I appreciate that you were with my daughter Agito.

I crouch down as I remember the promise that we have just made with joy and I tell her with the greatest joy that I can find in this moment of sadness of not seeing her for a long time or never seeing her again.

-Well Eline, I hope you keep your promise because I will never forget it- I said trying to sound happy, but with resolution.

-I will never do it uncle! - he said

-I hope so hahaha, take care and take care of your father for me, the next time we meet I will teach you a bit of magic so you can see who is the best magician in the world ahahahaha- I say still turning this idea around in my head.

-JAJAJAJ- Bernard laughed when he realized that I still lie to him –You are still the same Agito, well daughter time to go- he said as he raised her and went to his carriage, before entering he turned around as if he remembered something and said- Ah certain agito I did not tell you when we would come again, look, we will travel to the other continent by boat on a trip to see his mother and then we will return to the kingdom with her, we will probably last a few years so keep doing your thing- said Bernard in farewell still trusting that he would live more than 100, he waved his hand for the last time and said- Well I wave goodbye and as you always say, I will remember you.- he said with still his happiness

After that they got into the carriage escorted by soldiers as they left town, while I watched them go still that promise resonated in my head, I tried to make that smile stay in my mind until death, I turned around slowly, I realized that again I tremble with emotion, my body is rigid with emotion, the more my head thinks about the promise the more it is difficult for me to move my body, I feel again what it felt to challenge the world, I feel the world around me again, I start sweating from the pressure my body was exerting to turn around, everything is spinning, I feel like I'm going to faint, maybe I got a heart attack from so much emotion in years, but slowly, I started to lift my leg to give a step, I knew it at this moment, what my father taught me to never fail to fulfill his promises, was nonsense, my whole life was nonsense, what I have left of life I will use to do nonsense, I smirked, I remembered the smile of my beloved,
that she is no longer with me, I remember how she told me never to forget, but what I feel the most, what makes me smile, what makes me do what I will do with these old bones work to death near.

-Eline, be a good girl- I whisper as the pressure disappears as part of a lie of my mind and body and finally.

I take a step

0