Chapter 2: Mother and Child
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three days before Drake and Stella got Elura Letters.

POV: Jasmine the transport Driver.

As I ride toward the city gate of Red and Blue Rose. I see many people, probably mercenaries walking out from the gate. as soon as I arrived in front of the gate I greeted by a long line of people wanting to enter the city

‘tsk…, that a long line,’

As I look at the city gate once more and I look at some humanoid race, judging by the drone he is probably an artificial rase just like me. And the drone reminds me of someone.

‘is Mike still here? Nah, he is must be, that guy won't move, the other city not as save as this city after all’

And finally, my vehicle arrives at the checkpoint, as I exit my vehicle, some guard approaches me.

“Are you with the Oasis company?” asked one of the guards. And then, the guards give a tablet of registration to me.

“yes, my name is Jasmine, I’m here with the Oasis company” answer me while sighing the tablet with my signature.

“thank you, miss Jasmine may I see your cargo now?” ask the guard while walking toward the back of my vehicle.

“Sure, just a second” as I said that, I knock my vehicle. “ Barret you there? Open the back door”

The back door opens and then a girl came out from the back door. The girl has short brown hair, she wears a navy-blue hoody with a white t-shirt and hot pants. Her left arm is a prosthetic arm made out of metal, and she holsters a dagger on her right shoulder pocket and a hand-gun on her waist belt.

“Barret come here for a second, let the guard do the inspection,” I said.

Barret comes near me and looks at the city gate.

“Red and Blue rose…. I don’t think that I would be here again…” said Barret, I could see the sad look on her face when she said that.

We wait for the inspection in silence. Not long after that, the guard that inspect our cargo came to us.

“ok as reported, you carrying a cargo full Artificial limbs replacement, you may go inside.” Said the guard.

The guard walks back to his post and then Barret and I hop back toward inside the vehicle. As I ride toward the Oasis company branch store. But before we that we stop in front of an ally way. As I open one of the containers inside my vehicle and find a letter inside it and give it to Barret.

“you know who is this for right?” as I said while looking at Barret.

“you know, sometimes you are cruel,” said Barret while looking at the ally way.

“That orphanage is the place you grew up right? Just give the head orphanage this letter,” as I said that Barret exit the vehicle and walk toward the orphanage looking displeased.

“Hey Barret, after you are done you are free for the day, you can find me at the Hotel Near the Mercenary guildhall after you are done with your stuff” as I said that I went to the Oasis company branch and deliver the cargo.


As I finish the delivery I remember something  ‘right, Mike orders, now then where is Mike shop again?’

After I park my vehicle at the hotel, I remember where Mike shop is. I pick up an iron crate and began to walks toward Mike's place. As I walk I could see a lot of mercenaries and merchants interacting.

Looking at the crowd I began to think‘ maybe after this, I could do some window shopping’

Finally, I arrive at Mike's shop, I could see Mike doing some things with his drone.

“Yo, Mike here your order” as I said that I drop the Iron crate in front of him.

“Yo Jasmine, took you long enough but thank you for the delivery!” said Mike as he stops to whats his doing and order a different drone to take care of the Iron crate.

“You know how hard to find these items right? Especially those EV Goods, Collected Mind and Techno Avaris is at war right now every EV Goods are bought by the military,” I complain to Mike.

“So they still at each other throat huh, So is there any other news out there?” asked Mike.

“well boss wants to buy as many pure undead crystals as many as she can, and it seems that the undead season this year attracts a lot of mercenaries, especially the bad ones so be careful about the” answer me.

“ugh... I like this city because it is peaceful. BUT! More people means more Chips!” said Mike and he continues” And about the pure undead crystal, your boss sure is weird, but I think I could find some and sold it to you,”

“well then I will be counting on you Mike” then I remember something” right, Mike if you know any trustworthy Mercenary that want to travel to Techno Oasis City, I think the oasis company want to hire some for an escort job, we lost some of our guards when we cross the desert”

“I know some, they are a regular of my store, so you can hire them if you want, and also when are you living and what budgets for buying those crystals?” answer Mike while asking another question.

“nice then you can tell them to go tho the Mercenary Guild for applying and my budgets are 1 million chips,” I said.

“Then I need to find as many as possible, HAHAHA!” Mike laughs then continue “ when you guys will be departing?”

“6 more days,” I answer.

“Then see you in 5 days!” said Mike.

“See you then” as I exit Mike Store.

After that, I began to go shopping before going back to the hotel.


POV:  Barret, the Bodyguard

As I began to move toward her childhood home the orphanage that she left to find a better life. As I walk toward the orphanage I found many things did not change as is time didn’t move here. I feel a little bit disturbing but at the same time nostalgic. As I continue to walk I arrive at the orphanage.

This place didn’t change at all, the grassy field, the 3 story building, the old well, and even the old graffiti. And then I walk in front of the main door. As I about to ring the bell, I freeze, I remember the bold statement that I give to the head orphanage. That time I left this place with my dear friends but now I come back alone.

It seems that I can't resolve my self to do this. As I about to turn around the door suddenly opens and a young boy came out of the door. As the boy looks at me, and then I hear a familiar voice from inside the door.

“Eddy! don’t block the..” said the person behind the kid, I remember her, her name is Rebeca, she is the girl I use to mock because of her quiet personality and her passive nature. But now look at her aura is different, her straight posture, and her tone, I can tell that she has changed.

I couldn’t say a thing, I just stood there frozen out of fear. But she talks to me first.

“can you move from the door for a moment? It’s time the children to play outside, I will call mother to meet you,” said Rebeca. I only could nod at her

After the children go outside, Rebeca calls me “ you know the guest room right? You can wait there and I will call mother”  

Then Rebeca goes to the third floor as I wait in the guest room. I didn’t wait long before Mother arrived at the guest room. She looks at me and smiles, I couldn’t bear her smile and looks away form her. She sits in front of me. None of us didn’t say any words. And finally, Mother broke the silence.

“Barret dear, you do you remember the last thing I said before you left the orphanage?” said Mother with a smile on her face.

“I remember” answer me while still looking down. Of course, I remember.

“whenever you need a place to rest, whenever you need someone to talk to, whenever you have a problem, you can come here, you can come here and I will always ready here for my children,” said Mother.

“…. But I don’t want to burden the orphanage with this” I said still looking down.

“you know you can rely on me. Even just once Mother will be happy to help” said Mother, and then she continues “ whatever state you are in I’m sure there is something I can help with”

In low voice, I answer her “ I’m a slave, mother….”

Mother suddenly jolted “I sorry dear, I couldn’t hear you,” she said, her face is in disbelieve.

I couldn’t take it anymore, my heart broke and I scream at her” I’M A SLAVE MOTHER! A DEPT SLAVE! I HAVE SOLD MY BODY PARTS AND IT STILL ISN’T ENOUGH TO PAY MY DEPT, I HAVE TO BECOME…. I HAVE I… I…” I began to cry

As I broke down, Mother comes near my seat and hug me from the side. “my dear, maybe if you tell me what have you been trough, it will lessen your burden, if it even a little try to tell me what happens?”

And then I tell Mother about my recent story.

0