Chapter 1: What….?
2.4k 7 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Whew... Guess its nighttime and the profits.... Is low..."

I checked the cashbox and saw how little the income I got as I sighed to myself.

Its been 3 months since I got fired from my job and had to return back to the place I was born and raised. A small town which was kinda run down and lack proper help from the government as this place was just a poor county village where I lived in.

I, Len Michael Garcia, had just opened a small Internet Cafe by renovating my old home and turning it into a small internet cafe which at first profitable, but in a long run, it might end up making me lose more money instead.

While I still have the money from the wages I got from my old job, some savings I have in the bank, money from doing some part-time work and even the money from my siblings as a gift from my birthday, I knew that I might run out of it and would cause me in debt if I keep this up.

I knew that opening an internet cafe were at first being profitable, but in a long run, it would probably cost me money instead with the electric bills, its high maintainance and the lack of costumers.

This place only has a few kids and young men playing games and surfing on the net but with the popularity of Mobile Phones and even the 'Coined-Slotted Portable Internet' which are place in various parts of the town, this small buisiness I have would probably not save me and even dragged me into debt if I continue like this.

'Well, I guess I'll have to close this Internet cafe down...'

With the sigh that leaked on my mouth, I closed the door on my internet cafe as I head inside my room.

As I climb the stairs, I missed the sight of a mysterious door that suddenly began to materialize as it fully integrated into the wall of my house before closing the door to my room.

I slumped into the bed and made me reminisce of all the things I had achieved in life.

In the village, I am known as the smartest kid and kept being in first place in every subject I took. I gloated in the revel of being smart kif as I continue my arrogance from elementary until graduating in highschool.

Then, When I entered in a university and got a scholarship there, it shaken me as I realize that I was only a smart kid in a village and when I went into a university, did I realize how small the world I had live in. By the time I graduated, I was only an average at best upon graduating and got into an average job as an office worker. 

But I still worked hard in my workplace and earn some good rep and even made friends which not only toned down my arrogance but even started to being nice to people around me.

Yet, due to helping a fellow female co-worker out from being harrassed by the boss, I ended up getting fired from my job and decided to head back to the village to open an internet cafe there.

Yet, due to my poor judgement of knowing how low the youth population at my place, I ended up making more loses than profit on opening the Internet Cafe and suddenly regretting my decision opening which slowly drained me of my money. 

Looking at the moon and the stars shining through my window, I slowly began to regret helping the female co-worker and having to get fired from my job as I also began to regret the life I had.

From being an arrogant prick and ended up graduating all alone, never having fun on college life and being a loner who only focus on studying, having the relationships I build in my work, only to turn their heads when I was in trouble and eventually opening an internet cafe and making loses instead of profits. 

Because of my arrogance, I barely made any friends here and even the workplace I've been would had already deleted my phone number already. I know how lonesome my life was gonna be the moment the tears in my face suddenly pour in on me.

I had cried myself to sleep that night and didn't notice my forehead suddenly glowing and started to form a tattoo where it began to spread into my forehead before slowly disappearing.

[Welcome User. You are now the host of Store#5478, Codename: Store of Entertainment]

If I was awake at that time, I would probably be scared as hell when a weird light shined into my face but crying myself to tears had cause me to sleep deeply that night to not notice the abnormality. 

——————————————————

*Beep Beep Beep*

"Ugh... My head hurts..."

Upon waking, I feel like something was drilling into me and felt like something was put inside my head and couldn't shake off the dizziness on me.

I struggled to stand up to my bed and took my phone to turn off the alarm as I feel like I should head downstairs and drink some water.

*Yawn*

Yawning on sync with the yells of a rooster, I slowly walk down the stairs and felt a different sensation upon touching a weird sense of familiarity and an unknown sound of a robotic voice of a mysterious being which began to talk.

[Welcome User. You are now the host of Store#5478, Codename: Store of Entertainment]

[Please Identify yourself as to Authenticate the host's identity]

"Uhh.... Len Michael Garcia.... Uh... What?"

While I did follow the instructions of the mysterious voice, my head is still confused from the mysterious event happing right now yet the mysterious mechanic voice continued to talk after knowing my name as I finally woke up from my confusion after what it did to me next.

[Host Idenified to be (Len Michael Garicia). System will now transmit the host into the door to begin integrating the other world's store and assist the host journey into becoming the manager of the 'Store of Entertainment'.]

"Uh....What....?" 

22