Chapter 24: Streams And An Unknown Game
440 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"*Yawn* Nice Job Len, hope that father of hers won't start choking you to death..."

I silently mumble to myself as I began to cook breakfast for the 3 of us.

I buy some bread from a bread seller that tends to pass by and made some simple chocolate drink for the two kids. I also cook some homemade corned beef while trying out my experimental sauces to see if there's a new way to try them out in my dishes.

While both of them were fond of eating and tasting my cooking, it seems they finally relaxed their guard around me which is quite an improvement since yesterday.

It was hard to get them used to me at first and I even have trouble trying to let them eat in the table. But I persisted and they finally relaxed around me. Though, its still a bit far till I can finally touch their tails and ears but I'll manage.

Also, it seems that the store's had reach the other stores and while some of them were quite happy at my success, there would be others who would be jealous and may come to have trouble, so I'll need to be careful if I let the girls work.

"Oh, it seems that I've been too busy that I haven't check my daily streams."

Its not like I actually didn't have friends but I only have a childhood friend whom I'm only known to be with with in Real Life, but on the internet, I'm building a social connections and even watch some streamers, that teaches me more about cooking.

While there are mostly some professional streamers that tends to show off for the sake of content, I slowly found my way into a certain stream, where a rich girl would proceed to discuss ingredients and describe each flavor that can be used on cooking.

I decided to watch her stream as I grab a piece of bread in my mouth.

(The mushrooms give a creamy and unique flavor on the dish and sometimes used on making sauces on some meat dishes in some parts around the world. There's also those who use them in creating soup dishes...) 

"Mushrooms huh... I did tried them out at a fastfood place and it was kinda delicious when they mixed it on the meat patty."

I began to get engrossed on the stream as the two girls who were still obssessed on eating, decided to peek at what I'm watching. I was slowly getting invested in her stream that I slowly began to stand and grab a notepad to write down some recipes and try them out for myself.

[Host. It seems that Lord Witsher has brought in 3 individuals that seems to be of a same class or higher than him.]

"Damn. I was a bit close on getting a insight to some risotto mushroom dish ideas."

The timing of it out of all the sudden, I decided to close the stream and let the girls continue eating as I decided to go back to the store and greet the lord.

When I arrived outside, the people were still clustered around my shop but stood afar due to the 4 individuals in front of me.

One was the person I'm already familiar with, Lord Jerhub Witsher, but the 3 individuals dressed in exotic clothing which probably some expensive cloth from this world, are probably merchants that were quite curious on my shop.

"Mr. Len. It seems that experience of mine had attracted my friends interest and wishes to try out the games themselves. I would like you to serve me 4 rooms of the VR game for me and my friends."

"Haha. Lord Witsher. Of course I'll gladly serve them to you and your friends. But I warned you to not pick the game I forbid next time or I'll probably be suspected of murdering you out of fear again."

"Quite the Joker are we Mr. Len. It seems my fellow employee of mine was still traumatize from that incident as I gravely warned my friends to avoid the games you forbid me."

"I actually don't banned that game at all Lord. Its just a fair warning to those who are weak minded and certain individuals to proceed with caution. That head guard of yours was a bit full of himself and didn't expect that he'll end up like that after all. So I must apologize if I ever cause any trouble for you."

"No worries Mr. Len. Just let us play your games and we can both make amends on each other."

"I thank the Lord for forgiving me."

I opened the door for the guys as I told the rest of my customers to wait a bit before delivering him and his friends to one room. I began to explain while the lord had told his experiences as they were quite a bit afraid but the lord gave them reassurance that they'll have fun. 

I decided to let them play a game where they'll play together as it seems they picked a strange game even I haven't heard at all.

12