Chapter 26: A Caring Father
395 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

{Kafla's POV}

Me and Miani were survivors in our village as all the people we know and love were brutally murdered and raped by the humans.

While we were turned into slaves, we somehow escaped when one of the slaves manage to unlock the cage, escape through that gap and we ended up hiding in one of the stores.

But it seems that we were soon found out by the slave merchant as he banged through the door with the guards and started pulling us from the store.

Suddenly, our master had arrived and talk to the slave merchant in buying us. I didn't know why he did that but it seems to be that he is hiding a malicious thought as I was reminded what would happen to us if we were to be bought.

We would turned to be worked to death, get tortured or used as a toy for the rich nobles as we were afraid about to happen from us. I suddenly hope that our master would be nice to us and hope that he would at least spare Miani from harm.

Yet, not only did he free us from the slave collar, he even feed us properly and even treated us to his job. He is somehow caring and sensitive in approaching us as if he was a bit scared of harming us.

While we were quite happy about our master treating us nice. Miani somehow manage to dropped a glass and felt like we were afraid of being punished.

But he didn't punish Miani and pulled Miani away from the glass shards, he even cleaned it as he was mostly afraid that we would get injured. He suddenly pat Miani's head and forgave her which she suddenly cried from being treated nicely by Master. He somehow reminds me of my father who cares for us like his children.

When we had a nightmare, he would pat our heads and calm us down, when we were afraid of telling us our names because he might scold us, he thinks hard and gave us names while watching us if we liked it or not, he even educates us and treats us like children while allowing us to work for him to pay off our services for him.

He might be a weird Master but.....

———————————————————————————————————————————————————

"I... I'm sorry..... Father..... Master....." 

The agonizing pain in my stomach as I was kicked hard by the man, groaning in the ground and trying to hold my screams of pain.

Master is currently helping Miana how to manage the store as I don't want to be a burden to him.

He always teach Miana everything while he dotted on me. I am just a stupid slave but he didn't think about that and always trying his best to help me learn. He even watch me sleep peacefully as I accidentally held his hand out of fear of letting him go.

I'm afraid.... 

I'm too afraid.... 

The man in front of me is scary. He just saw me explaining about our store as I only touch him a bit to see what our store was like and he suddenly kicked me on the floor and beaten me up.

"You F***ing beastchild! Don't you dare touch me with your filty hands! Your just a filty beast that shouldn't exist!" 

I was continuously beaten up as I huddle into a ball to not let him hurt my tummy. I suddenly remember how my village was raze and burned down by humans as I thought all humans just monsters.

But....

'Good Job Kufla!' 

'Wow, you really did your best.' 

'My God, I didn't know you could do it. Good Job Kufla!' 

'I'm so proud of you!' 

"Help me.... Fa.... Father....." 

"You beast should have just disappear from this world." 

As I waited for the pain to arrive, a loud crash was heard as the sound of a kick had arrive, yet it wasn't from the man.

I slowly peek my eyes to look at why, I could see a silhouette of a man in front of me as one of his legs was raised.

"Ew....I think I stepped on an insect. Heh. I don't care since it was just an insect afterall."

In front of me, the person who was weird but caring, the person who bought and educate us as his usual smile was gone and had a look like he was watching an insect dirty his shoes.

The man who had just stumbled quickly glared at Master as he began to yell.

"Who the F*** are you bastard?!" 

"Hah? Did some buzzing just rang though my ear? Oh! I didn't expect insects started talking. Must be that its a Demonic Beast! Everyone, call the adventurers! Ahahaha."

"Y... You..."

It seems that Master was mocking the guy as he picked me up and called Miani. She suddenly appeared as a worried look on her face while quickly running towards me. 

"Miani, take Kafla back inside while I deal with this insect. There's some bandages I showed you yesterday to treat her wounds."

"Y-yes!"

I was slowly carried inside by Miani while looking at Master smiling back at us while I remembered the look on my dad as he hid us away.

I could barely scream since I was too weak to talk as the door closes on us. 

11