Chapter 30: Insight Cooking
354 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Selina's Father is quite strict when training someone. He doesn't take it easy and overworks his Disciple to near death and sometimes beats them in the name of love.

While he gave me a 5 mins to run, it is actually quite a huge deal for me since even when he is in a good mood, its only a minute at most. Giving me 5 mins was actually quite a big deal that I didn't waste on his favor and run as my legs could go.

"AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!"

After 5mins were up, a howling scream came 10mins later and a small sound of bone being cracked could be heard around the village.

"Haah...Guess Robert is a bit lenient on Len today and broke just one. Guess he is in a good mood."

"Hehe. That boy's life is kinda pitiful if he was that guy's Disciple. Hey man, give me another shot."

———————————————————————————————————————————————————

Morning,

One of my arms was broken but was still in the good mood as I drank my coffee while Kufla and Miani kept looking at my injured hand.

"M-master, are you okay?"

"Ah this? Nah, its just an uncle was just lenient with me yesterday and only broke my hand. He was in a good mood since he would teach me how to cook so he only let me free with just a hand."

My smile was so positive that both of them were worried if I either had a screw loose on my head or was enjoying the pain.

But since they only just knew about me, its only fair that they didn't know but the people already know my relationship with Selina's father and he was once in the army before he had retired and started a restaurant.

Because in the time I was bullied as a kid, her father had help me by training me how to fight and even gave me harsh training for the sake of making me a better man. It is also come to no surprise that my dream came from him after eating his dishes and aspire to be like him one day.

So, while I am afraid of being beaten up by him, I also want to continue to learn from him and become a better man than the past me who was too weak to protect someone.

I decided to invite the girls over to the shop and let them have fun in this world. Since I'm not the type to keep people caged in and prefer to let them be free, I decided to bring them over to some kids who where playing while talking to some adults who are watching the kids.

Making a backstory for these two was kinda hard but I decided to give them circumstances which are logic and isn't barely a lie.

Kufla and Miani had their parents killed and sold by some criminal syndicate, me stumbling and freeing them, having no place to go and decided to adopt them, I decided to even get a certificate from the government for the sake of giving them background and with the help of the AI, I manage to forge their registration.

[Host. Because of your swift upgrade to the shop, I was only barely able to hack into the government's system and manage to create an identity for them.]

It was decided that since I adopted them, they were be registered under my family name 'Garcia' and I, as their legal guardian. So, I glad that this complicated procedure had ended safely.

When I arrived after telling the girls I'm in the shop, I spotted JC suddenly flirting with a girl and Selina looking at me with a slight blush on her face.

Robert beckons me to come to the kitchen as I made my way to both of them and giving a smile before heading into the kitchen.

"Hmph, just because you now desire to learn what it means to be a chef, doesn't mean I'll go easy on you. Let me see what you have learn first before I'll start instructing you brat. Maybe you'll learn fast and start helping me with work."

"Sir!"

He began to instruct me what I needed to do as I began to cut vegetables and had been reprimanded for some mistakes on my part. He seems to be impressed that while I'm not really talented in cooking, he saw my desire to learn and was very harsh in teaching me.

Since it was early in the morning, there weren't any customers as I tend to learn and watch from him on the ins and outs of cooking good food.

11