Chapter 34: Upgrade Done
325 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The one thing scary about losing your sanity is when you lose your rationality and act psychotic. Fortunately, it seems that I can recover my sanity by consuming a magic crystal. I actually cough blood by trading a large chunk of money for the sake of having a my sanity become normal again. 

[Host. Mana comes from the nature of the world you are foreign with. The magic you casted might be seem unlimited but you slowly drain your psyche as there's no conversion of mana from this world and instead used your mental state as a trade.]

"Guess mana is comes from the intelligence of a person and the mental capacity of how you want to use a skill." 

The AI has been quite informative of how magic works as I only know a tiny scope. People here can use magic but magic is a complex and dangerous thing that causes one to lose their rationality. It might had been the case for some mental patients who had been driven insane due to accidentally casting magic and turned insane from draining their mental state.

Maybe I can practice using magic in the other world since its far less dangerous and there's actually some customers I have who knew magic. I could learn a bit from them.

It might had been a bit costly but seeing that Kufla let me rubbed her ears from getting an answer right, I almost didn't hesitate to hand over all my magic crystals and the AI even welcomed it like it was happy but I stopped myself

Continuing to read the book while resting, my knife skills had slowly been improving as with Kufla and Miani's learning processes. It seems the girls I picked up maybe lack in knowledge but they quickly improve faster than an average kid here and a bit more mature for their age.

Must be their enviroment had shaken their growth and wanted to be helpful for my sake that I needed to step up my game.

Today, it was just me and the girls with the occasion of JC coming to my place and flirting with the girls at my shop.

While we are kinda good brothers due to Selina, doesn't mean I won't beat his ass for causing trouble in my shop.

"Com'on big bro. Its just some girls man. I even helped you out with my sis."

"This and that are different and I can treat you to a fancy dinner later but don't you f***ing dare cause trouble at my shop."

Even if JC was trained by his father, I had more stricter training than him and didn't skipped out of my routine. But I did help him teach what to expect for university.

I was actually kinda surprise that this kid manage to get into a university and even more so was my own so I decided to tell him all about the girls there and learn a bit from my seniors.

"Just because I was a study nerd, doesn't mean I intentionally skipped out of social parties. Just a reminder that you can have fun but always pay respects to the teachers there or you'll have a bad time in class. Trust me."

He decided to follow my advice as he gone home to wave me goodbye as I head to the government office to finish processing the documents for the girls.

I been asking for Robert's advice in dealing with paperwork since he's a bit of an expert than me due to being taught by his officers and fellow men who had the same circumstances as me. With his advice, I was finally able of officially adopt the girls so I'll have less worries for now.

After the confession, I never seen Selina for some time but I guess that I should be a big glad or I actually turned into quite a big mess if I confront with her again.

[Host. The upgrades to the shop have finally been completed. I manage to not only expand the shop, I added new features to help you manage and entertain your customers.]

It was almost sunset by the time I recieve the AI's voice. I manage to buy some ingredients for dinner and more snacks to the customers as I decided to charge a bit money and give feedback at my inprovement.

I decided to check it out at night after making dinner to check out the new improvements to the shop.

It seems that the girl's growth was quite unexpected as they rapidly develop faster than a normal earthling child. It might be due to their natural growth or how Demi-human kids develop but I quickly shook that thought off as my nerdy curiously might end up hurting the girls.

After making dinner, I told the girls that i'll be heading to the shop as I went through the door. 

11