Thunderstruck
1.5k 17 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s been a few days into my so-called babysitting job. Man, I can’t wait for Saffron to get back. Once we’re out of here, I’m never looking back.

While I can’t say it was as bad as the first day, things aren’t as good as it was when I was just living with my girlfriend. At least during that time, I didn’t have to keep an eye out for her messing up my clothes with all these traps that Salt built. I swear there’s a lot more places you can leave a flour trap in, than I ever could’ve imagined.

At least during the night I can take a moment to relax. She’s never done anything to me when it’s that time, so that’s probably when she gets bored with doing all those stupid things. Right now, the sun should be setting at the moment. However, it’s been pretty overcast all day, and those gray clouds don’t look like they’re going away anytime soon. In fact, I can hear the small rumbles of thunder, so it’ll probably be a pretty big storm night.

Looking outside makes me think of Saffron, along with that mission she went on with the king. Apparently it’s not some secret mission, but only I wasn’t allowed to learn of its true nature, no matter what. That’s what Pepper told me, as if there was concern on if I learned the truth. Though, I’m not sure how much I can trust a girl that tried to have me killed. Then again, is there really a reason for her to lie to me about that?

With this rain, I hope they’re all fine. He’s the king after all, so they should have camp set up, or maybe they can afford a nice hotel. Yeah, that way Saffron can get the nice bed she deserves.

Sadly, I look over to my bed. Sure, the quality was nice, but I’m missing her by my side pretty badly. Is she thinking of me right now? Does she feel that lonely feeling I have while she’s gone?

Well, I should go get ready to take that bath soon. Normally, I bathe in the mornings, afternoons at the latest. It’s just that living with Salt has made me change up the routine temporarily. Since nighttime seems to be my safe time.

Before I’m about to leave, I spy something just outside my door. “Hello?” I call out nervously. Slowly, I see a little girl’s head pop out. Of course it’s Salt paying me a visit. Maybe the night isn’t going to be so safe after all.

“H-hi.” She greets me pretty anxiously. That’s pretty out-of-character of her. It’s not like her to get shy around me, especially considering that girl has done pretty much plenty of dumb things to me. “Are you… Going to bed soon?”

“No, I’m about to take a bath.” I answer her. “But if you need anything, just ask.”

“Oh it’s-” She’s about to just brush my offer off. Which is when a lightning bolt strikes, the first of many for tonight. This thunderous noise causes the little girl to recoil a bit behind the wall. Now I can hardly see her face. “N-nothing.”

“Do you want to come in?” As much as she doesn’t want to say it. I can see that she’s afraid of the storm approaching.

“Sure, thanks” She tries to put on an act, as she strides into my room. The girl is already wearing her soft, simple nightgown. One that matches her hair color, which is of a light blue tone. Once inside, she makes a beeline towards my bed and sits on it. “Oh wow, I forgot how soft this was.” She says, trying to make it sound better than it really was. “Why don’t you sit with me and see?”

“I already said I was about to take a bath.” I inform her. “Plus I’ve slept in that bed for days now. Of course I know how soft it is.” On a slight tangent, whoever makes the beds of this land, I’m really grateful for them. Every one that I’ve slept in has been a dream to be in.

“Aw, but have you really taken the time to appreciate it?” She rubs her hands over the top of it. “I bet if you really paid attention, then you’d-” Again, another lightning strike interrupts her sentence. This time, it’s a lot closer. “Eep!” As a result, she can’t hide her fear, as she ducks for cover under your sheets.

“…” I’m not sure of what to make of this sight. Isn’t she a little too old to be afraid of a lightning storm? Then again, maybe the ones around are worse than back on Earth, so it could be a fear that’s warranted. Still though, shouldn’t she be running to her sister if she’s so scared. “Is everything okay?” I ask her, as I sit on my own bed.

“Of c-c-course.” She opens up the covers when I ask the question. I guess it’s embarrassing for her to show this side of herself, which only confuses me even more. Again, she does have an older sister, and I’m mostly just an acquaintance. Surely I’m not the person to try and run to when this is going down. “But, uh, could you stay here?”

“I did say I was about to take a bath.” I remind her of that fact. It’s not like I’m going to bed without getting cleaned. There’s no way I can fall asleep if I don’t take care of myself.

“Just until the stor… I mean, just for a little bit?” I sigh at her request. It probably couldn’t hurt if I delay my bath for just a little while. But I’m taking her to Pepper before this takes too long.

“Fine.” I answer begrudgingly.

“Yay!” She cheers out loud. “Then you should lay next to me.” She opens up the sheets to allow me to enter. Sh-should I? I guess I’m not about to do anything inappropriate, so it can’t be that bad, right?

I accept the little girl’s offer, and lay down next to her under the covers. Once I’m inside, she instantly wraps her arms around me, very tightly at that. Those hands of hers are shivering while I’m in her grasp, so I know for a fact that this girl is in a lot of dread right now. As much as she’d like to deny it, Salt is absolutely terrified right now.

It’s kind of weird to see her like this. The girl is usually so upbeat, but now she’s like a tiny animal, afraid for its life. While we’re lying here, her head is barely at my chest level, as she stuffs her face deep onto me. It’s like she’s trying to hide her face from me. Perhaps she is, perhaps this is so I don’t see her tears.

...But I can feel them.

“It’s okay to be scared.” I tell her, prompting the girl to look up at me. “Don’t worry, I won’t make fun of you for being afraid of lightning.”

“You won’t?” Again, more thunder roars, causing the girl to dig herself onto my chest, as if that will keep her safe. I gotta say, I never took this girl as someone who could be scared of something like this. But then again, there’s a lot of things I shouldn’t make assumptions of in my life right now.

“It’ll be fine.” I give the small girl a pat on the head. If you want someone to hold, then I’ll be here for you.” She doesn’t say anything in response to my statement. Instead, she tightens her grip onto me, holding on to me for dear life.

I sigh as she does it. I’ll take it as a yes.

So, I guess I’ll just lay here with her. I was about to take a bath, but maybe I can wait for her to fail asleep before I leave to get cleaned. I would hope that she doesn’t wake up and get scared that I’m gone while I take my bath.

But I don’t think I’ll get free of her, as I notice something about the way she’s moving. It’s hard to ignore, since she’s right up against my body. Particularly down towards her lower half, it keep shuffling about. At first, I thought she was just uncomfortable laying like this, but when one of her hands makes it way down there, I know for a fact what’s going on here.

“Um, Salt.” I speak up. “Do you need to use the bathroom?” I’m not dumb, it’s clear that she really needs to go right now. I guess she just hadn’t used the bathroom before this storm made its way here.

“I’m fine.” She replies. “I’m a big girl. I can wait until this storm ends.” After she says that, The girl curls up her body. Now both of her hands are tightly gripping her crotch to hold back the incoming flood.

Yeah, this girl’s not going to last until this storm ends. First because I think it’s going to be like this all night. Second because I think she’s going to end up going in my bed in about five minutes. I’m not about to let her wet my bed.

“Come on.” I get up out from the bed, holding my hand out to her. “I can take you there, so it won’t be so scary.” Quietly, she takes my hand and gets out of bed.

Surely nothing weird will happen on our little trip to the bathroom.

Would people be fine with... "Lewd" descriptions? Please speak up, because I feel unsure considering some comments from a couple chapters ago. I do know it's my story, but I'd like to know what people think.

25