Saffron’s Truth
1.3k 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I don’t understand what’s going on here. She’s not waking up, she hasn’t woken up. It’s been days since that fight with the dragon, and Saffron hasn’t moved a muscle. It’s like her body has gone into some weird type of stasis mode.

As a result, we haven’t left the castle. I’ve barely left the room we put her in to sleep. The only times she’s been left alone is when I need to use the bathroom. Considering the tone I’ve heard from the others, they’re clearly worried over my health. Yet, they don’t seem as concerned about her. Why shouldn’t they be as worried over her? She hasn’t woken up in days, that’s crazy.

“Please, you should let her rest.” The king himself comes in to talk sense to me. They probably would’ve talked to me sooner if it wasn’t for the efforts in fixing the damage. I’m also glad to hear that everyone was able to survive this incident, especially Will. We found him stuck in a tree mostly unharmed.

“Let her rest?” Maybe we got different definitions of rest. Last time I checked, people tend to wake up after a good night’s sleep. This is on a whole nother level. “It’s been days now, she’s still hasn’t waken up yet.”

“I suppose being someone... New around here. You still haven’t found out yet.” He replies. “We were hoping on letting her tell you when she felt it was time, but I suppose that time has past now.”

“Tell me about what?” At first, he wants me to leave the room so that we can get some fresh air. I refuse, and our privacy isn’t really important given that the only other person isn’t waking up anytime soon. Now it’s time for me to learn the truth.

“I’m sure that you’ve figured that Saffron’s not human…” Not entirely, at least. Instead, Saffron’s known as something like a dragon hybrid. A very rare kind that comes from an agreement between a human and a dragon.

Her origins are unknown to this day. Even she doesn’t know how her existence came to be. Regardless of the cause, her life has been rather unfortunately. If the storm dragon didn’t prove the idea, that race isn’t really favored by many people on this world. One that both has the epic power of a dragon, while having access to the elements of humans. It’s also why the girl has the ability to use every possible elemental magic. Not to say that one has to be a dragon hybrid to be capable of doing so.

However, with that power comes fear from the normal individual. The people feared her, hated her. Not to mention that those on the dark path had use for someone like her.

And thus, that explains to me why she was being held by those slavers. They wanted to take advantage of her powers, while also maintaining such hatred for the person she was. The torture she went through, it’s disgusts me down to my bones.

“I imagine that you might’ve found her pale white skin to be different, correct?” Her appearance did stand out to me. Of course, I just brushed it off as something specific about her. But to everyone else, it was the truth to her status. Her pale skin reveals the lack of blood warming her. That comes off as a surprise to me. I’ve held her in my arms, and she’s never felt cold.

It might sound a bit cliche as someone within the universe, but it must have something to do with her magic? Or perhaps it has something to do with her race? Even the king’s not certain when I ask.

“Then what’s all this about?” I point over to our sleeping beauty. That girl really just spouted wings right before me, complete with glowing aura. Then after all that was over, she’s been knocked out for days now.

“She unleashed her full power.” He tells me. While I might’ve taken it for extreme exhaustion. What he actually means is the state of being a dragon has the potential to kill her. It eats away at her human body, and if pushed too far, then she’s a goner.

“I can’t believe we made her do that.” I feel terrible about forcing her into that state. She did that knowing the consequences, and still went and saved us. Wait a second, when she said she slept for a week after defeating the demon lord. That was a literal statement!?

“She’s a smart lady. There’s no way she’d let it go that far.” Arthur says. “We shouldn’t be too worried about her health. Safffron’s gonna be up and walking in no time.”

“Right, sorry I’ve been sulking so much in here.” I apologize. While I’ve been in here, everyone else has been taking care of those injuried. There’s a lot considering the party that Saffron and Arthur brought along them on their hunt.

“It’s no problem.” He put a hand on my shoulder to sit me back down. “We’ve been doing fine, so it’s not a problem of you staying here. We were just all concerned about your health. You played a role in our battle too.”

“Thank you, but I’m fine.” Compared to most people, I got out lucky. Funny, since I could’ve easily been killed when I stepped in for Pepper.

“Mmmh.” For the first time in a long time, Saffron begins to stir.

“I see that this time around, it isn’t so bad. We’ll leave the two of you alone now.” Arthur makes his exit, leaving me with Saffon as she’s about to wake up. Something about his smile is a little suggestive. He couldn’t think that me and Saffron are about to do anything lewd, right? Anyway, it doesn’t matter. Because right now, there’s something a lot more important happening.

It’s a little exciting to see this. Mostly because I’ve been waiting days for this, but also because I’m about to be the first person she’s going to see when she awakens. Steadily, I sit besides her on the bed as she slowly opens her eyes.

“Huh? Alan?” She groggily says, as if this was her waking up after one night of sleeping. “Is that you?”

“It’s me.” I can’t contain my smile at seeing her. My eyes are getting teary just from looking at her. “I’ve been waiting… So long.” This is a little embarrassing, but my words are being broken up. It’s getting difficult to contain my tears, as she wipes her own eyes.

“Oh, that’s good.” She says, sitting up in the bed. The girl stretches her arms like nothing major happened, but I can’t hold back anymore. I tackle over her with a giant bear hug. “Ah! A-Alan, I can’t… Breath…”

“I’ve missed you so much.” I respond, somewhat ignoring her complaints. Though I do slightly lighten my grip.

“…I’ve missed you too.”

Announcement

For those who don't care for the lewd scenes, of which I assume are few. I'll be making the announcement that this story is going to be put on hiatus after the next chapter.

Other than that, look forward to the next chapter for some lemonly fun, cause that'll probably be it until the end of 2020.

22