Uninvited Guests
1k 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I’m really glad all that dragon business has been dealt with. If only so I don’t have to worry about staying alive or anything. Man, I can’t believe I honestly wanted to go on some grand adventure when I first got here. Of course, I was also hoping that maybe I’d get one of those systems or anything to make me strong. Looks like being on the overpowered side isn’t in the cards for me.

Still, I guess you could say I’m a reincarnation. Though without any of the memories of my supposed past, it might as well not even matter.

“There you are.” Saffron was looking for me, but it wasn’t hard seeing as I’m usually in the same place every day lately. That being the library with its abundance of books for me to read.

Unfortunately, I’m someone coming from the modern era with internet and technology for entertainment. Why did I have to get summoned here mere months before the new gaming consoles were set to come out? Just remembering that makes me sad. But getting on topic, I’ve been trying to spend some time reading to have some fun around here. There are a lot of interesting myths of this world that are kind of cool to learn about.

By the way, this world is called Enatis. After all the time I’ve spent here, it almost always slipped my mind to ask what the world was called. Its name never seems to come up in regular conversation, but I guess it’s not like we say Earth all the time either. “Darling, you shouldn’t be cooped up here when it’s so nice outside.” Saffron wraps her arm around my head, leaning in to pop a small kiss to the cheek.

“H-honey.” It feels awkward hearing that come out of my mouth. As fun as I thought it would be to have little cute names for each other. It’s a little more challenging for me to do in practice. Maybe we’ll just have to drop that act. “Saffron, are you sure you’re all right after healing? I’d hate for you to get hurt again.”

“Don’t worry about me, that stasis put me back just as I was when I reached adulthood.” Judging by her size, I have to wonder if she ever reached adulthood. “Now come on, we should be enjoying the sun while we still can. It’s a wonderful day, and maybe we can lay about and soak in the rays.”

“That doesn’t sound all that much different from being in here with my books.” I counter, but it would be nice to get some fresh air. So I accept her invitation and come along with my book. “So did you have any spots in mind?” I ask as we head out the front door.

“Actually, I did have somewhere in mind.” She says in a seductive tone. “And no one else knows about it, so maybe we can have some special fun while we’re there.” I feel the tips of my ears heat up hotter than the beating sun. It wouldn’t be a bad thing if I got a little more of that cute tushy of hers. That said…

“Is that always on your mind?” I respond to hide my excitement. “There’s gotta be other things between us, right?”

“Of course, but I think we’ve talked so much that there isn’t much else for me to learn about you.”

“There’s still stuff for me to learn!” After all, I still don’t know how old this girl is. The best I got is that she’s older than me, but by how much is a mystery. Not to mention that I wish she’d open up about her time before Alan’s arrival. Sure, it’s neat to know her favorite foods or games. And it’s really adorable, when she’s sleeping and her arms out up like a dog sleeping on its back.

Gotta make sure to not tell her about that last part. It might embarrass her too much.

Still, I understand she might not be ready to talk about it. According to her, not even the last guy knew much about it. Even though he’s the one that freed her from those shackles.

As much as I enjoy our relationship, I do take some issue with her inability to open up. Why doesn’t she trust me? Or is there something there that needs to remain hidden? Then again, maybe I’m just overthinking things. It’s not like she’s hidden anything else from me lately. Which includes one very special day coming up soon.

“Hmm? What’s that?” Saffron stops the two of us right before we head into the forest. It looks like a carriage moving along the road towards out house. At least, it was moving when we first saw it. Then it stops right in its tracks when it spots us.

“I guess they must be looking for us.” I say as we approach it. Lucky for them, they just caught us right before we’d disappear into the woods. Yet as we get nearer, no one seems to be coming out of it.

“Um, where are they?” Saffron asks right when we get close enough to touch it. The horse pulling it is still here, and it doesn’t seem to be freaking out with us being here. While investigating, a small box pops out of the window, landing right at my feet. I pick it up, which is a pretty dumb idea considering we don’t know who was in this carriage.

Even more so when it explodes in my hands. Not the type of explosion that can kill or even hurt. More like, the type of explosion that shoots a bunch of cream around and leaves the holder in a mess.

“Hehe, we got you!” That voice. I know exactly who owns that voice.

“Salt!” I yell out in frustration. Of course, the only response I get from that little rascal of a girl is more laughter.

“See sister, I told you he’d do the thing.” She says though all the laughing.

“Sorry about that.” Pepper is a little more mature about it, but she’s also is the one that let this happen. “But Salt really wanted to get at least one over you while we were staying here.”

“I’m sorry, but what do you mean by staying here?” Saffron asks.

***

We returned back to the mansion because there’s no way I can hear them out in this mess. Once that’s taken care of, they tell us the whole story. As they explained to us, this is more of a vacation than anything else. Things have calmed down once more in this world and the kingdom has been rebuilding. That’s great and all, but at the same time, a lot of the soldiers and servants are busy with traveling that the two sisters are getting a little neglected.

Plus, since they’ve spent so much time around the castle itself. The king has also decided that with things being a little more safer. It’s time for the two to go out in the world for a little bit. Which is what they’ve been doing for the past month. In fact, the pair have already hit up a few towns to see how life is. If Pepper’s got to lead this realm, then she’s going to need to understand the plight of the populace.

“So that’s what we’ve been up to.” Pepper finishes her explanation. “We’ve just about finished up, but Salt wanted to make sure we dropped by for a few days.”

“Yep.” Salt cheerfully says as she gives me a hug. “I really wanted to see you again.”

Why do I get this feelings that I’m not going to enjoy this?

22