Episode Five: The Deal Between Foes (B)
5 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It… wasn’t there… only the keys. Impossible!

My pulse meter beeped once again. Out of sudden that sudden realization made me feel frightened again. Quicker and faster it went that I couldn’t breathe.

He snapped out then, pushed me again, “ENOUGH!”

The meter slowly silenced itself as I tried calming myself down. So I wrapped myself the towel properly again, I added with a goddamn sassy tone, “I thought you went here for it.”

“Can’t you hear that thing whining annoyingly? You’ll turn to some… Epileptic shit again.” He replied that it's really unbelievable that he sounded so concerned.

“Wow! Finally, an asshole who rapes everybody becomes concerned to a medical bitch.” Faked laugh I went; it was too obvious.

“Say, what do you want in this world?” He managed to mimic my laugh.

“Tch! What do I want? MY FUCKING ANTIDOTE OF COURSE! The one in a big capsule-shaped pendant that I always wear around me.” I yelled at his face and turned my back on him to find a good spot to get changed. “You’re the one who kidnapped me, and you got no idea of what’s lost?”

“If you are searching my pockets a while ago, trying to rape me back, I wasn’t holding it anymore.”

“Then who?” I asked while dressing up.

“My dad. He’s the general. He gets i-“

“Wait, wait, w-wait… You aren’t the general? Your dad is?” I cut him by.

“No, silly! How can I be the general if I can’t even impress a father? And besides, what I do best is to fuck people. My brother’s better as always, that’s why he’s planning to just cross me out to get the position.”

“FUCK!” I grunted in disappointment for not getting any good results from the shit I’ve done.

I covered my wound on my chest with gauze pads. As I was about to cover my scar right on my face, he cut by, “Please… You don’t need to cover that one.”

“And why is that?” I raised my left eyebrow. “Dude, my body, my rules, duh.”

“Just leave it there like that, so that I won’t hurt someone like you again whenever I see it.”

I literally cringed when I heard him mutter like Shakespeare. But I’m still dumb for following his order.

“Tell me… What are you? You the good guy or something?” Cynically, I sounded.

“I don’t even know it anymore. I just wanted my life to be not as desperate as this. I don’t wanna do this cycle anymore. I’m exhausted from doing these shitty things.” He sighed as if I’m gonna be swayed by his pitiful poetry.

I smiled. I, now, knew his weakness. This was the perfect time for a payback. I could use him for my plans for my country, and every single one of use would be free. However, killing him wasn’t the thing I did best. He could be my subject for this mayhem they’ve started. Maybe I can change his mind by using my abilities to manipulate him. Although I couldn’t do it directly to him, I ain’t really got the ability to control people’s minds literally.

“Say, can we make a deal?” I told him with that western-ish accent.

His head wrinkled in confusion, like he’s asking a question without saying it verbally.

I rolled my eyes out of distress ‘cause he doesn’t get it. “A deal that the both of us will be benefited.”

He found it quite interesting and so made me continue what I really ought to do.

“Okay, here’s what it is… This is what you should do: I won’t allow you to do such a thing like you did a while ago to me. You’ll only do that in front of your comrades and especially on your father. Just help me lay my hands on my antidote and no one will get hurt. That antidote will obviously save my life, forever, and will never let me have these vexatious seizures again. Never let my meter run tediously again. So, you should always bring one or two remedy cures with my syringe and a new needle. Hold ‘em very carefully, consider those as my remaining lives.” I told him detail per detail. 

“How about your conditions to yourself for the benefit of me?” He somehow expects a return. Of course, it’s human nature to live in expectations anyway.

“*sigh* I will help you sway your father so that you can be the one after him, and not your goody-two-shoes brother. So, once all of this chaotic drama finishes, we can get to live our own lives and FORGET EVERYTHING… Simply saying, it’s a win-win situation for the both of us.” I looked at him seriously, telling him that I was so sure of what I wanna do. 

“Fair enough. Let’s get started then.” He agreed as I wore my spare lab coat. “Come with me to my room. It’s pretty cozy there. And we’ll be having our lunch there as well as for you to enjoy the air-conditioned temperature.” He stood up, smiling. I can sense how eager he was to get his father’s position once that old hag retires his ass.

“Please do wear your tees.” I told him with mere disgust as we were about to head out from the library.

He didn’t speak a word but did what he must. Still, he smiled as if he never did that before. 

So, he had on his shirt and we went on to start pretending like I was really his slave. Well, technically, I was now in control. I would NEVER be under someone’s shoes. Try me Germans, you always make my remaining days electrifying.

I just hope this plan of mine would work. That guy’s soft anyhow. Hilarious, but he really made things easier now. I’d be happy to choke that hag to death soon and I’m gonna make sure that his people will feast their eyes on his head chopped off.

2