Episode Six: Truth Seekers (B)
9 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Later on, he turned on his TV and switched channels on Netflix to browse some movies to watch. He selected, “The Fault in Our Stars”. It’s a bit odd because they can still manage to watch shows even though there’s chaos in the air.

I sat down on the ground beside him with a distance between us for about a meter. And he noticed me wearing my eyeglasses and made a messy bun.

“What?” I smirked at him.

“Nothing. Just wondering if I will die like Gus. Like, if there will be an instance that my father will know that I’m planning something against him.” He muffled while fiddling with his necklet.

“For me, none of you guys will die I think. I will for this situation. Well, I’m your one of a heck of a slave, right? And, somehow, I’m not frightened of dying anymore. It’s pointless being alive anyway. I don’t have a family to live with any longer, and I’m far away from my special friends. I don’t have anyone to win my tiny and stoned heart. You know what I mean… But you… After winning over that position, you can get what you want in life.” I retorted. “I already watched that flick tons of times and am still infuriated because it doesn’t end up satisfying. She’ll still end up alone. Like I do.” I added.

“You’re really searching for romance, huh?” He said in a serious manner.

“I guess but that’s before… *sigh* Well, don’t give a shit about it anymore. I’ll just die in the end like Gus.” I said and stood up. Walked to the small bathroom at the corner of the room.

I heard him turned off the TV, probably because of that drama we’ve been. I took off everything and turned on the shower. I hummed a little and not a little while, I started singing. I just wanted to bring that joyful memory back before I could say goodbye to this world. And apparently, singing gives me that tranquility in my bones. 

After washing myself up, I peeped my head out the bathroom door to ask for spare nighties. “Hey, do you have any spare clothes to fit me? Like PJs er somethin’? Kinda don’t wanna wear those itchy and uncomfortable clothes I’ve snuck out.”

He stood up and tried to find a sweater in his closet. “I only got a sweater here.”

“Just gimme that.” I said, and he handed me his sweater.

I got changed and went out of the bathroom wearing his sweater. It’s pretty big though, however, it’s kinda cozy. I felt comfortable with it. 

Cotton… That’s the material used to make this sweater. It kinda hugs my skin.

“Wow… You look amazing… No… I m-mean… You’re cute-looking right now.” He stuttered as he fixed his bed then tapped his head in distress. “Don’t mind what I’ve just said.”

“Uhh, anyways, I don’t know you’re a great singer. You rock.” 

“Gee, thanks.” I gave him a smile and made my way towards my bag to get my pills.

“What’s that for?” He asked, noticed what I was holding.

“Oh, this?” Raised the bottle of pills. “It’s a linctus for some psychopaths like me. Anti-depressant pills as what my coworker told me.” I replied and swallowed three without hesitations.

“Whoa! That’s a lot. Why not just take one? You can get yourself killed with over-dosage.” He quickly warned as he scratched his shoulder. 

“Nahhh, I’m fine. Last time, I swallowed eight. Still alive.” I responded proudly, and fake laughed.

He handed me a glass of water and I drank it. “Please, don’t ever do that again. I don’t want you gone like what happened to my mother.” He mumbled that it’s quite inaudible for me.

“WHAT?” I turned to him and he looked away.

“Nuthin’. Just… Don’t get yourself killed.” He said and paced towards his bed.

“I’ll sleep on the floor.” He mumbled but this time I heard it right.

“No… I’ll sleep on the floor. I am the German’s slave, right?” I said with widened eyes and got myself a blanket and a cushion. 

“But you should follow my commands, right?” He replied and stole what I’ve been holding. He even imitated my tone from the last dialogue I’ve said.

I sighed and told him, “Let’s just both use your bed, alright? I’ll just divide it with pillows, so it won’t turn awkward. And… Try to do one bad shit on me, you’ll end up bleeding on your own bed tomorrow.” Well, rather than making the argument longer and complicated, just think of the fastest route to shut his mouth.

“Understood. I won’t do it again. I assure you.” He agreed mocking my sassiness then we both lied down.

I just said that to show him that I was afraid of no one. One wrong move, all of them would wake up in hell. But I’m truly aware of his clean intentions, I just said that because I hate him.

The lights were turned off and the nightlight was our only lantern. Before I could close my eyes, I thought of asking him, “By the way, good-looking guy, what’s your name?”

He non-hesitantly answered, “I’m Zedd Klinton Yuri. Just call me Zedd in short.” He snorted after realizing what I just called him. “Duffuk’s that good-looking guy?”

“You heard nothing, doofus.” I hurriedly saved.

Lastly, I added, “Nice meeting you, Zedd… Name’s Kirstie Ceres.” I snorted because of my weird name so I told him to, “Just call me KC in short.”

We both said our goodnights and dozed off.

2