Episode Seven: The Search Plan
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up with the sound of the birds chirping and the sunlight as it kissed my very cheek. I had my arms and legs stretched as I wake up on my bed. I was still sleepy as I didn't notice that the pillow divider wasn't up anymore. I was about to get up and head to the bathroom to have my teeth brushed when I stepped on something soft.  It jerks off as a response to my action. 

"OW!" a familiar voice yelled and filled my ears. "Whose foot is this?"

"Oh my go-" I didn't realize it until I saw Zedd lying on the floor, with his blanket and comforter on. "What the FUCK ARE YOU DOING THERE!" I threw him one of the pillows from the bed. 

"Seriously?! You just stepped on me and now you're throwing stuff at me?!" as he stood up with his brows met. 

"DON'T CHANGE THE SUBJECT, ANSWER MY QUESTION!" I interrogated as I figured out what he was doing down there. "You are watching me while I am sleeping right! you CREEP!" 

"HEY! Can't you see the bags on my eyes?? I couldn't sleep as you seem like you took all the space the whole night." he explained as he scratched his head awkwardly. "Seems like I managed to sleep here cuz I thought you don't wanna share a bed since you kicked me last night" 

"E-Eh??! Don’t be absurd! I don't sleep like that!" I defended myself. What was this guy thinkin’?. I kinda felt something weird on my left cheek

"What if I tell you that you did? I wish I could even take a picture of you, you look pretty hilarious. Like... You even drooled on my pillow" he teased then gave me a smirk.

"Don't be ridiculous. Just get out of the way! I’m gonna brush my teeth." as I stood up and shove him a little. I entered the bathroom he then followed me to continue to annoy me. 

"Hey, you made me sleep on the floor and you even stepped on me, don't I deserve even a little thank you?" he then looked at me with those puppy eyes and pouting his healthy pink lips.

"Shut up, get out you FREAK!" I screamed as the toothpaste cap flew directly on his eye. 

"OW! Why are you so mean?" he reacted teary eyed. 

"You deserve that for being a jerk!" So, I slammed the door and began brushing my teeth. I was glad that I'm prepared and brought my toothbrush with me. If I wasn’t, I have no other choice but to use his toothbrush like eww. Hell nah, not gonna be using any dude’s oral care.

When I finished, Zedd was waiting outside. With him in the room were a center table with a walkie talkie and a pair of ear pieces on top. He then looked at me like he was bragging about his communication devices. 

"What's that for?" I asked out of curiosity. 

"You want your necklace back right?" His eyes then sparkled with excitement. "Dad is a pretty clever man. He will hide it somewhere we could never find. But in order to have it back, we need to search the whole perimeter. We can’t be seen together and either seeing you roaming around, so I suggest that you stay here as you redirect me to where your necklace would be-"

"You mean I am staying here?!" I couldn’t believe this guy. He’s gon’ looking for it while making me stay here? I ain’t gonna stay here! I’d rather find it myself.

"Yes, my brother already saw you with me. I can’t risk you getting spotted around here especially knowing the fact you are not one of us" He then looked at me seriously. I had a sense that his heart was beating like he was concerned. "Besides, I need you here to tell me what yo do or tell my father without blowing it". 

*Sigh* "Okay fine, but you better find it as soon as possible" I had no choice but to guard the fort. But there is still something bothering me as soon as I heard about the plan. Was it really worth trusting him? 

We then proceed on executing the plan. First, I need to track him on my phone's GPS and a copy of the base's floor plan. He seems to be going to the main room where his father always goes when there's nothing else to do other than torturing or finding a place to conquer. But, why of all places? 

"Why are you going there? You suppose to be searching from the storage room or vault room or something" I asked as it seemed like he was trying to do something suspicious. 

"I am going to ask my father, easiest way to know where it is," he answered confidently. 

"Are you out of your mind?! You gonna get us exposed!" I yelled on his earpiece. 

"Relax, I didn't mean it in a literal way. I'll just, you know, gather information on where it could be." He said as a giggle came right after.

"Ugh, it's our first attempt at searching for it and you're already gonna get us caught." I snorted as if I predicted what was going to happen.

As he entered the mysterious room, everything sounded quiet. The quietness of this room was cut when a familiar voice came filling our ears. 

"Whaddya doin here.. Brother?" It was Krypton, and I felt something ain’t right here. "Got bored of that pretty girl that is with you the other day? If so, can I at least have a night with her?" 

"No. I told you she's mine." His tone turned serious as he responded to his brother. "What are you doing here anyway?" 

"Shouldn't I be the one who's asking it?" Krypton interrogated him while having that tone of suspicion. 

"I am here to see dad" 

"Oh really? Ehm, for what cause?" His questioning continued. 

"I just want to ask where he put his things because I saw the documents he left in my room since the last time he punished me." As the sound of a group of papers in an envelope was slammed on a table. His father didn't really leave it, he just stole it from him while his father wasn't looking as an alibi.

"Too bad, father is already long gone." Krypton said in a disappointed tone. But it’s kinda more like mocking Zedd.

"What do you mean?" 

"Father left yesterday after he beat you in your own room and went back to the homeland for a ‘business meeting’. HAHAHAHAHA! You are so funny when you just go to your den after you were beaten up." Krypton mocked Zedd evilly. 

"When will he come back?” My subordinate asked his sibling. "He must've already told you that information didn't he?”

“Who knows?” Krypton answered in a sarcastic way. "It's not like he told you either." He said as his voice faded away followed by a sound of a door closing from a distance.

"Kirstie, I do not think your necklace is here in this room". He told me as the room was cleared. 

"You think?" I said sarcastically. “Well that’s quite unfortunate.”

1