Episode Eight: A Failing Mission
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Zedd's point of view*

It took us hours in search of Kirstie's necklace, I have searched from different rooms. It was already 2 am when I returned to my room. In there I saw Kirstie dozing off with a bowl of mac and cheese and half a bottle of milk beside her.

"Seriously, what a baby" I sighed while watching her drooling again on the table. 

I picked her up and carried her in a bridal way to the bed so she could sleep properly. She was so light, maybe because she is a petite woman. I tucked her in the blankets and made my way to the kitchen and prepared a little sandwich as I didn't have the chance to eat lunch or dinner. After that, I proceed on having a little bath before I go to sleep. 

As I finished preparing my comforter, I had a last glance on Kirstie before dozing off. "You really look like my nanay.. But, even though you look so tough, you are as calm as water when you are sleeping, pretty careless of you Kirstie. "

I rested my back on my comforter on the floor and fell asleep as I didn't need to count sheep. 

 

*Kirstie's point of view*

I woke up when I felt like I was sleeping in my most comfortable position. Oddly, I remembered falling asleep on the table last night. Then as being cautious, I checked the floor if I will step on someone again, and fortunately, he is again sleeping on the floor. 

"Why do you still choose to sleep there when you could've slept up here…" I said thinking out loud

"Oh, so you want me to sleep beside you?" He suddenly said as he sat up while rubbing his eyes. 

"What the fuck? You are already awake!" I shouted and was shocked. 

"Yeah, I couldn't sleep properly when I woke up earlier when it was too loud outside. I can't even believe that you didn't even get awake by that loud siren." He said as he stood up and fixed the comforter as well as the bed where I was sleeping on. 

"Well, I was pretty tired last night.." I suddenly got curious as to what time Zedd came back. "When did you return last night anyway?. I believe I fell asleep by 11:30 or so."

"I got back by 2 am" He stuttered as he went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. "What do you want for breakfast for today?" 

"Anything with cheese will do" I said while heading to the bathroom to.. You know.. My morning routine. 

When I got out, a delicious scent came filling my nostrils and got my taste buds attracted to the delight that my subordinate had prepared. A buttered toast with grilled cheese and a fluffy egg combo, my typical meal. 

"Hey, don't drool yourself again. Just enjoy okay?" He teased me as he pulled out the chair where I am supposed to be sitting. That moment, he kinda looked like a gentleman. 

"Shut up Zedd, do you know that I hate it when someone acts sweet around me?" I said bluntly in a way of rejecting him. "Tho, thank you for this delicious meal." 

"You're welcome madame." He then sat down and started eating as well. 

We finished eating and were about to begin with part two of our search plan when someone knocked on the door. 

"Hey bro, you in there?" This irritating voice again makes me feel disgusted. "Wow, what's that smell, can I have some?" 

Krypton was about to open the door when Zedd shut the door from inside. "Shit! What now?" 

"He might totally suspect that we were doing something you idiot!" I whispered into his ears while trying to think about a way out. 

"I am so sorry, p-panicked and I didn’t think straight" He said with his voice a bit shaky. We can’t get caught playing around with these communication devices. He knows that I am only here to be his sex buddy… Wait.. THAT'S IT! "Zedd, when I tell you to do it, open the door for him OKAY?! AND DON'T LOOK AT ME UNDERSTOOD?!" 

"Eh?" He hesitated but he seemed to run out of ideas. "Fine, just do something quick." 

He stared at the door and faced his back at me. I hurriedly went to the bed and messed it up a bit. I removed my shirt as well as my undergarment and quickly covered myself with the blanket and messed my hair a bit. 

"Open it." I signalled Zedd to open the door. 

"Hey! What took you so long?-" Krypton suddenly stares at me in a bit of shock, then there's this annoying smile again. "So that's why. If you were having fun, you should've told me sooner bro, I am always in a threesome" 

"What do you want?" Zedd asked and started to play along with my plan. "Was it so important that you even disturb me on my playtime?" 

"We found the new base of the Filipinos where you got that bitch. Dad wants you to come with us." He said as he kept on staring at me. 

"I am not in the mood, so fuck off", he ordered his brother to go out of the room. 

"Not trying to impress the commander this time are we? Finally giving up on the position?" He said as he walked out the room. "It's fine, the less the competition, the easier it is to have that throne." 

"I got something else better to do, I don't need to raid that wretched camo again."

"Suit yourself then", Zedd was about to close the door when Krypton stopped it and looked at me for the last time. "I hope to have fun with you soon missy"

I then looked at him like a predator who is about to eat his prey. Zedd closed the door and locked it so that no one will be able to barge in without knocking. We stared at each other awkwardly about what just happened. 

"G-Get dressed. I'll take a shower for a bit". On his way to the bathroom, he picked up his towel and rushed in, almost hitting everything in his way. 

I proceeded on dressing up again and rushed to the communication devices. I secretly turned it to my friend's military channel. 

"Is there anyone who can hear me over?" I asked hoping that they'll get my transmission. "It's Kirstie, is anyone there! Anyone? Reuel??" 

I waited a bit and repeated every word I said. I won't give up a shit, I need to help my friends. Suddenly, someone finally answered with a very low transmission frequency. 

"K-Kirstie? Is *buffer*-at yo-**?" The radio transmission is unclear but I can determine that it is Reuel speaking to me. 

"Reuel, the German military found your location, they are now heading there! I repeat! the German military found your location, they are now heading there!! Over!" 

"Th-** transmi-** is too **ow, can-*****opy. Over***" 

It seemed they couldn't hear me properly. I had to open up the window and find a place to have a stronger signal. I got out and tried to climb up the roof. I slipped and almost fell but I managed to hold on to the gutter of the roof. I have to warn them immediately or else my friends will die. 

"The Germans are coming! I REPEAT THE GERMANS ARE COMING!" I said loud and clear.

“The Germans ARE COMING, MAN ON BATTLE STATIONS!! NOW!!!" 

This was the transmission I got. I succeeded, they heard me. Suddenly the transmission was cut as I heard gunshots. Then everything suddenly sounds nothing but static.

"Reuel?.. Is anyo-" I suddenly slipped from where I was standing and I wasn’t able to hold on to the gutter. I looked around and there's nothing else to hold on to. Is this it? Am I gonna die because of a radio transmission? But I guess, I did my job to save them, if they came out alive.. I can rest assured. 

As I closed my eyes and finally ready to accept my fate, a strong grip on my wrist had left me hanging from the window of Zedd's room. Zedd saved me from falling to my doom. 

"Hang in there okay?!" He said as he pulled me back up. I was speechless, my watch indicated how fast my heart was beating and I feel like my legs and arms are about to fall off. When he pulled me inside the room, he hugged me tight. I sensed that his heart rate raised as well, but it felt different. It's not angry nor worried. It was something close to being frightened, a strong feeling that you feel when you don't want someone to go. 

I felt a little pain on my chest, the beeping slowed down as well as tears came falling. I caressed his head to comfort him. I hugged him tight and wiped his tears. 

"What are you doing up there dummy?" Zedd asked me with a softest tone as he embraced me tight. 

"I’m sorry, I am just.. Trying to save.. My friends.." I said while sobbing. 

"I don't want to lose you.. I don't want to lose you again" 

"Sorry." 

1