Episode Nine: How Tables had Turned
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Reuel’s Point of View*

It's been a few days ever since Kirstie was abducted. The same days as those having difficulties sleeping. And I feel shit because I couldn’t save my bestfriend. We were really out numbered and our fire weapon sucks. Though we could protect ourselves but we still lack in terms of manpower. We continued the search and rescue operation for Kirstie and the other biologists. Unfortunately, we couldn't find which base they're in. We couldn't track Kirstie as she had left her phone here.

"We should search in this area next." I suggested while pointing at a spot on the map full of X's.

"But sir, we can't search there as it was the German Commander's main base," said one of the Filipino private officers named Noen. 

We were discussing on having another search and rescue operation on the main base when Jershua cutted in.

"Reuel!" It looks like something happened as he approached me panting. “Kirstie.. RADIO.. RIGHT NOW!"

I ran towards where they had answered the radio transmission was.

"Is the- ***one can hear me?-" The transmission was unclear but I could easily determine that it was her speaking.

"Kirstie?! Is that you?! Where are you?! Are you okay?!“ The radio just hissed on static as I climbed a window. “The transmission is too low, I can't hear you over!" 

The radio continued to fail us. I was about to lose hope when I saw from a distance a battalion of Germans coming on our way and her voice came filling our ears." The Germans are coming! I REPEAT THE GERMANS ARE COMING!"

“The Germans ARE COMING, MAN ON BATTLE STATIONS!! NOW!!!" I ordered the fellow soldiers to keep our guards up for the threat that is about to come. 

"Reuel, Status report." Asked Commander Effren as he picked up his Colt 45 pistol and an Ak47 on his side. 

"The Germans are coming sir! I saw them heading this way as well as my friend warned me about it." I reported. 

Suddenly, the Germans from the distance fired their mini machine guns at us. Our force fought back with our grenade and rocket launchers.

"How do you think they found us?" Asked Jershua as we all got down on the floor so the bullets wouldn't hit us. 

"It's because of your search and rescue operations, Reuel. THEY HAVE FOUND US", shouted Commander as he ordered the alpha team to go to the front line. 

I guess... It was my fault we got spotted. I was the one responsible for the harm that it got us. Fortunately we successfully guarded our base and nobody died. But a lot of our people were wounded. We decided to look for a new camp, though we are prohibited from doing search and rescue operations until we have enough man and fire power against the Germans.

 

*Kirstie's Point of View*

For the past few weeks - exactly 3 weeks, 5 days and 19 hours, we are unable to find my necklace in this wretched place. We looked everywhere even checking up Krypton's room. I asked Zedd what's in there but he said nothing. Although, I heard that there were loud girls in that room, they sound like bitches.

Speaking of his no good brother, after the incident wherein I almost fell from the roof, Krypton came back after 24 hours with a dissatisfied face. Zedd got the news that they failed on attacking and that they left immediately before they got a chance to retaliate. I felt so relieved that they are safe though I was aware that there are those who are wounded. They stayed far away from us, completely out of range.  I got really worried, I couldn't sleep nor eat. I didn't have the chance to contact them again. Even though Zedd prepared lasagna for me, I didn't have the mood to even have a bite.

"So.. What now?" asked Zedd as we were eating creamy pasta for dinner. 

"If it's not on the base.. Where could it be?" I was thinking about where it could be when I suddenly thought of something. "OF COURSE!" 

"What?!" asked Zedd surprisingly. 

"If it's not here, where else could it go?" Silence filled the room for a few seconds and waited on Zedd's answer. "It is with your dad in Germany. 

"Of course.. Ahh shit. All this time it was with him all along." Zedd got into his disappointed look again and sighed. 

"I guess, we just have to wait for him." 

"You're right." 

We watched a movie again and then called it the night. The next day was the day we were about to look forward to. General Heinz Yuri, came back and was still looking disgusting as ever. The old hag looks a bit different. I saw him from the monitors that Zedd prepared in his room for me to watch him when we were looking for my necklace.

But I got satisfied when Krypton was slapped on his face due to his failure on the last raid. And because of Zedd not doing anything for the last few weeks, he was completely ignored and got away with the punishments.

Not a few minutes passed, Zedd came back and we started to talk about what we should do to his father. 

"I searched all over his things, and I got nothing nor a trace of that necklace" said Zedd as he was done with inspecting his dad's things. "Then it must be with him. There's no doubt that it was in one of his pockets or in his room.", said I after deducting the possible places where it could've been. 

"I'll be taking a bath now and get ready for bed" I rushed to the same small bathroom at the corner and took a shower. I checked my things and there's nothing left for me to wear. 

"Hey." I peeped from the door and called Zedd. "Can I borrow the same sweater? I ran out of fresh clothes.."

He then rushed on to get his sweater and handed it over to me. I like this sweater, it feels really cozy and is a lot more comfortable than my usual lab coat.

When I came out, Zedd was staring at me and his cheeks were kinda blushing a little." What are you lookin' at? You look stupid." 

"I uhh.. You are just- I mean.. You really look cute in that sweater", he stuttered as he was trying to compliment me. "Just don't mind me, I'll go and take care of the dishes." 

He then rushed on to the sink and did what he ought to. On the other hand, I prepared and fixed the bed for us to sleep in. When he was done, he grabbed his usual comforter and had it setted up on the floor. 

"Are you sleeping on the floor again?!" I asked and he got distracted from doing his business. 

"Of course.. Is there a problem?" 

"Sleep up here." I sighed and lied down. All these weeks, I've been trying to sleep like a normal woman does so that I won't kick him again. 

"A-Are you sure? The last time it caused me insomnia." he said and he continued on preparing his portable bed. "Besides, sleeping beside you will make you uncomfortable." 

"Geez. We've been like living together in the same room, we almost look like a married couple-" I blushed and suddenly realised what I just said. 

"Wait wha-" I cut him by when I threw a pillow on his face. 

"Except that we are NOT! STUPID IDIOT!" I dug my face on the pillows to cover up my embarrassment. "If you want to sleep down there, I don't care anymore."

Suddenly, I felt that Zedd lied down on the other side of the bed. I looked at him, he was staring at me and was smiling. 

"I said you can sleep beside me but I didn't say to stare at me like an idiot!" I then pushed his face to look the other way with my index finger and face on the other direction. "Again, if you tried to do something to me, you will be dead meat tomorrow morning." 

"Yes ma'am". Then he rested and closed his eyes. "Goodnight Kirstie."

I closed my eyes and set on my comfortable position. "Goodnight, Zedd."

1